cimddwc

MOC: Emerald House

6928059157_5e9b8b5b9c_z.jpg

Originally I intended to use more dark green, especially the gold-lined curved slopes ftom the Emerald Night, on the sides of the corner bay and between the floors; but it ended up looking better in white (and some gray)... And the name stuck. (After all, there's a jeweler's shop on the ground floor.)

Another full view and a street detail with the wrought-iron shop sign:

6928059363_2c3e593c6e_z.jpg 6928059687_24da606c5a_z.jpg

Jeweler's shop:

6928060091_4ac028aece_z.jpg

Second floor – what's going on there?

6928060481_d6dba3c335_z.jpg

It's the mini-, erm, maxidoll design studio! The latest and greatest toy for minifigure girls, soon to be available in a shop nearby...

6781939716_ffbde5c130_z.jpg

(Sewing-machine design from dho7622u.)

Third and fourth floor contain an apartment – a rather luxurious one by minifigure standards:

6781939960_ef0fa84720_z.jpg

The boy living here is switching on the big-screen TV to play some games with his friend on the latest game console, probably a PlaiiBox 720 or something like that^^

Upstairs:

6928061073_2a4c605169_z.jpg

The boy's room with a big dinosaur "doll", a robot and more, plus bathroom and the unspectacular parents' bedroom.

6928058853_dd2dd358ce_m.jpg 6928058945_5c0dfaee3a_m.jpg

See MOCpages or Flickr for all the photos!

By the way, I plan to make the adjacent buildings in this block – GG, GE, FB and my bank – one floor taller, too. Oh, and those who don't regularly check the Train Tech forum probably don't know my layout plans yet.

Really beautiful. I also love all the details inside, there is so much to look at and it is all brilliantly done.

Excellent modular - I like all of tiny but realistic details you've included, and the lamp/shop sigh technique is ingenius!

Mabye you could make the roof in dark green so it would live up to its name a bit more?

The hint of dark green in the lower level and the wonderful Emerald shop sign really add to the realism of your MOC. The interior details are so much fun to discover! Thanks for sharing & inspiring :sweet:

Another work of art ' cimddwc ', nice exterior but AWESOME interior, especially the ground floor store. :thumbup:

Excellent designing and Brick On ' cimddwc '! :classic:

This is pure beauty :cry_happy:

Very smooth and clean architecture. Sometimes people adds too much ornaments and it doesn`t look good. Your building is very simple but sometimes simplicity is the best.

And colours are great. White with grey and a little touch of dark green looks superb.

Fantastic work overall :thumbup:

Edited by kris kelvin

Beautiful building: it’s really a pleasure to look at its elegant architecture :thumbup:

I also had a look to your layout plan: it is magnificent and on different levels! For sure there will be a lot of inspiration (I’m also considering to raise my city in order to have a train running below…)

Edited by Cunctator

Absolutely stunning! I'm personally a huge fan of building in mostly white, and I think you have nailed it. The hints of dark green are all you need - I wouldn't alter the palette you used in the least. The inside is full of tiny details which really adds a lot of life to the whole thing. I feel that a lot of modular builders have really been upping their game lately, and you are definitely leading the charge - the official sets are starting to feel underwhelming now as a result. :classic:

Thanks, everyone!

Mabye you could make the roof in dark green so it would live up to its name a bit more?

Well, that might be doable with tiles or sidewise bricks, but I think it would make it look less realistic and elegant.

I feel that a lot of modular builders have really been upping their game lately, and you are definitely leading the charge

You don't need to sell yourself short here with your courthouse (and the others, too). And looking, for instance, at the details especially in the interior wall decoration in exis's auction house, I see where my walls fall a bit short... But it's indeed nice to see so many great buildings and builders here. :thumbup:

- the official sets are starting to feel underwhelming now as a result. :classic:

Well, they have to compromise with the number of parts and the price, especially regarding the interiors. Besides, we've seen the official sets so often by now and there are many more new MOCs showing up all the time, so it might be a matter of familiarization as well...

I agree with kris kelvin with regards to the colour combo. It's absolutely perfect, great choice. And while that sets up a beautiful exterior, you've also done awesome work on the interior! Mind-blowing how many high-end consumer items you've managed to cram in there :)

Very, very nice. The only thing that I don't really like are the second floor corner windows, with the arch behind the windows, but that's it. The exterior is otherwise boutiful, the interior the same, and the emerald "figurine" hanging above the main entry is a nice touch.

Great design and details. I like the light over the door, might have to remember that for future reference. The inside looks wonderful, though I do have to wonder, what kinda jeweler sells tridents and such? As some have suggested, a dark green roof might look nice also.

What a beauty! I love the jewelers shop. Love the display cases and the other goodies there. The apartment is well done and as it should be. I second the suggestion of adding a dark green roof to give it's namesake better representation.

Wonderful work cimddwc, I very much like the colors you used. With that few lines of dark green and grey mixed in, the white facade is a pleasure to look at. The details on the outside look great, too, there's just enough of them to make it stand out. And also very nice detailing on the interior, my favorite is the second floor. That design studio is a very creative idea, and a nice cross over into the friends theme and color palette.

This is amazing! The name is very appropriate, and the use of dark green and gold slopes is genious - it adds some classic glamour to the jewelers' store. And although the main colour of the house is white, it suits very well with all the reliefing on the facade. In addition to the marvelous exterior, the interior is equally amazing. I like how you combined the Friends' bricks and dolls into this creation.

I'm a bit late to the party here, but let me chime in with the others that there's been a lot of very nice modulars presented lately, and this one is right up there with the best. While the interior is all very nice and detailed (I especially like the ground floor) I have to say that on this MOC I actually think the exterior is best. The texture that you've added by using those cheese slopes and the grey striping makes it work really well. I'm also a fan of white buildings, and the tricks you've used stop it from being monotonous and boring - it's excellent architecture. The ground floor exterior is also brilliant, with the dark green detailing. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you'll do with the official buildings to make them fit with this taller one. Keep up the great work!

This is great! I really like the use of the Emerald Night pieces. The color is perfect with the light grey and mostly white building. The outside is wonderful and it just entices one into the interior which is so detailed and such great stories about what is happening inside each room.

Keep on Brickin’

Andy D

Brilliant work - the predominantly white and grey façade is excellent...a wonderful model. :thumbup: