Sebeus I

IR Broadside cannons

This is very cool! I may look into it as a possibility for my larger ship - as its always a trauma trying to get each cannon out during a brickflick while not moving the ship out of position/disrupting minifigures or generally ruining the entire scene! If it was done with a mechanism it would make life easier and smoother!

Thanks for sharing!

ive tried to find a way to make it fire, i did even dismantle a cannon, to put some sort of device of my own at the end insted of the lego bottom, BUT, its not doable, there is 2 bars that cross'es the mid section, so i tried with springs insted, it did almost work, but still, ALMOST, but i hope i/you will figure it out someday,

ive tried to find a way to make it fire, i did even dismantle a cannon, to put some sort of device of my own at the end insted of the lego bottom, BUT, its not doable, there is 2 bars that cross'es the mid section, so i tried with springs insted, it did almost work, but still, ALMOST, but i hope i/you will figure it out someday,

I would never dismantle a cannon, for actual firing cannons I wouldn't use my recoil construction either btw, I found out that the end of a cannon fits in a techic hole and sticks, my mechanism is based on that. This will however result in a big external construction so I'd only use them when they are under a deck in a ship or in a castle wall.

I must say though, I haven't spend much thought on it lately, it seemed more interesting to focus on the recoiling and sound (and some people even want me to make them produce smoke... yeah right, I'm not exactly planning to get a smoke machine :pir_laugh2: ).

(and some people even want me to make them produce smoke... yeah right, I'm not exactly planning to get a smoke machine :pir_laugh2: ).

Crazy people pirate_tong.gif I think that if you want to get smoke perhaps it is better to purchase a real-size cannon and some powder pir_laugh2.gif

Edited by Frank Brick Wright