Sign in to follow this  
badboytje88

Yakuza Family - Day 2

cimg0712.jpg

It was late at night.

Lloyd was wandering through the Toko.

He couldn't sleep.

His mother died last night.

And his father apparently didn't know him.

He was looking for Teddy.

Hoping he might comfort him.

cimg0716.jpg

Ah there you are you silly bear!

Come to bed.

Lloyd turned around and he found himself facing a dark figure.

A true ninja with two golden katanas.

Oh ow!

If only I had brought my katana I might be able to defend myself.

After all every member of the Yakuza Family had been taught to fight with a katana by Great Grandfather Lloyd.

cimg0720.jpg

With one smooth movement the dark figure chopped of the head of Lloyd.

cimg0721.jpg

Later that night Great Grandfather Lloyd decided he wanted some herbal tea.

As he walked towards the kitchen he stumbled across the body of Lloyd Jr.

cimg0723.jpg

Too bad, he was a good kid...

Let's clean up this mess before any of the others see it.

cimg0725.jpg

He deposed the body in the mouth of the dragon.

The dragon did his thing.

cimg0726.jpg

In the morning Great Grandfather Lloyd had summoned his family in the main hall of the Toko.

Dear family, last night our little Lloyd Jr was murdered.

I fed his remains to the Dragon of Truth.

cimg0729.jpg

Yasu gave the dragon green boogers for she is a Mutineer

Lloyd Jr gave the dragon orange boogers for he is a true member of the Yakuza

cimg0732.jpg

And now if you'll excuse me, me and my mermaids are going to relax in the hot tub.

Don't interrupt us or I'll introduce you to Fred the Lion.

Players

cimg0583.jpg

Nobuo – Played by MetroiD

cimg0586.jpg

Chieko – Played by Scubacarrot

cimg0536.jpg

Ichirou – Played by Tamamono

cimg0548.jpg

Shizuko – Played by CallMePieOrDie

cimg0521.jpg

Tadao – Played by The Legonater

cimg0516.jpg

Akio – Played by Rumble Strike

cimg0545.jpg

Jirou – Played by JimButcher

cimg0565.jpg

Noriko – Played by Eskallon

cimg0567.jpg

Setsuku – Played by Fhomess

cimg0599.jpg

Kenta – Played by Nightshroud99

cimg0520.jpg

Saburo – Played by Masked Builder

cimg0561.jpg

Yasuko – Played by RileyC

cimg0542.jpg

Minoru – Played by VolcanicPanic

cimg0576.jpg

Emi – Played by Brickdoctor

cimg0603.jpg

Lizzy – Played by Capt. Redblade

cimg0532.jpg

Shiro – Played by Alopex

cimg0551.jpg

Hanako – Played by Professor Flitwick

cimg0632.jpg

Akira – Played by Bob

cimg0572.jpg

Momoe – Played by Rufus

cimg0612.jpg

Kin – Played by Rick

cimg0595.jpg

Manga – Played by CorneliusMurdock

cimg0556.jpg

Maniko – Played by Swils

cimg0514.jpg

Norio – Played by Def

cimg0539.jpg

Hiroki – Played by Etzel

cimg0559.jpg

Yoshiko – Played by Cecilie

cimg0634.jpg

Isamu - Played by Peanuts

cimg0592.jpg

Daisuke - Played by Scorpiox

cimg0589.jpg

Tamiko - Played by Zakura

cimg0616.jpg

Aiko - Played by Iamded

cimg0607.jpg

Cherry Blossom - Played by WhiteFang

Deceast

cimg0702.jpg

Yasu – Played by TheBoyWonder - Lynched on day 1 -
Mutineer

cimg0717.jpg

Lloyd Jr – Played by ADHO15 & KielDaMan - Murdered on night 1 -
Yakuza

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play who will be aligned with either Yakuza (town) or the Mutineers (scum). To win the game the Yakuza must eliminate all of the Mutineers. While the Mutineers need to outnumber the Yakuza. Any other party characters will have their own win conditions outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player Voting should be done in the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. Each player gets one unvote a day. The player with the most votes at the end of a game day will be lynched. If there is a tie then the first player to achieve this vote count will be lynched.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after 72 hours, unless the group are decided on a lynch. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host, using the initial character PM thread only, in the first 24 hours of the night stage. They will not be accepted after this deadline has passed or if the player doesn’t use the initial character PM.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game hosts via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game. Metagame at your own risk.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts using your character information PM. No other communication with the hosts will be accepted or acknowledged.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence. Plus losing your right to vote for that day.

Hmmm, good to know the right decision was made, lynching Yasu, I am relieved. The question on that matter is now, what can we learn from yesterday's chatter on the subject, are the people that were defending Yasu mutineers as well? They are definitely suspicious, and I am going to think back to find that out.. The other question now is, have we taken out the Mutineers' Role Cop? If so, that would be an added bonus!

Also, I don't really know why the Mutineers (I am going to assume the ninja was the Mutineer) would kill Lloyd, am I missing something?

Interesting. It seems the colors aren't what they usually are, so assuming that Yasu being green meant she was innocent was a mistake. It's a real shame that I couldn't have got any info out of her while I had the chance, but it was a good day one overall.

The fact that we only had one death last night is a good thing too

Unfortunately, I was smacked on the head with a katana last night, not that I was even doing anything, but it seems someone wanted to make sure I didn't. I'm going to assume that was the work of a Mutineer, because I'd hate to think there was any Yakuza out there with such terrible scumdar that they thought me, Norio, appeared in any way scummy :sweet: If anyone 'watched' me last night, that person who targeted me is more than likely scum, so that would be a great lead to follow. If nobody watched me last night, well, watching me the next few nights will likely be a solid idea, since the scum will be taking me out earlier rather than later. The scum are, as per usual, metagaming, as can be seen from the fact that there was zero reason to target Lloyd Jr other than on those grounds.

As the saying goes, anyone got any leads? :wink: (I had a little lead that someone was following yesterday, and I'm waiting to see if anything turns up)

No... My son, why?! I was a good person, why?! At least your mother was a two-faced lyin' traitor...

That was the right decision in lynchin' Yasu. Let's hope we get more mutineers! Sorry Norio, no leads, I did nothin' last night.

I have a lead, Norio. A nice swollen bump on my head resulting from having been smacked with the handle of a katana. Got it while I was in bed, no less! Such insolence! Whoever did that has every reason to be concerned :angry:

I guess I should be happy it was just the handle though... :look: We have been at odds all day yesterday, so having the same thing happen to both of us seems weird. Almost like a "shut up" sign. Which, of course, combined with the behaviour some people have demonstrated over these last two days, leads me to my ever-growing suspicions.

I do hope us being present here today means that the Kami would like us to continue this fight against the Mutineers. I am very happy that the full-on attack I helped lead against Yasu yesterday proved a success; for a moment there my blood froze in my veins as I thought that she'd been loyal. Luckily though, after all these years, my gut feeling is yet to betray me. Very weird snot colours though, is everything fine with that dragon?

Speaking of guts, where's breakfast?

It-a seems we were right about Yasu, and now I hope she a-really was tha bad role cop. :sweet:

And it is upsettin' to see young Lloyd go, a-but as Norio said, he didn't seem to be much of a target, unless compared to similar characters in books. It's a-good to see Norio a-back again today, an I doubt the bad peeps were stoopid enough to target him with likely protection or watchin'.

I have a lead, Norio. A nice swollen bump on my head resulting from having been smacked with the handle of a katana. Got it while I was in bed, no less! Such insolence! Whoever did that has every reason to be concerned :angry:

Between your anti-town action by going after me, and the somewhat misleading green whatever-it-was implying a loyal Yakuza member had been railroaded to their grave yesterday, I can understand why a loyal Yakuza might have felt you worth taking out for the night :sadnew:

:sadnew:

Eager to start all over again as soon as possible, eh Norio? Has it not dawned on you that for all your horrible attitude that's getting worse by the day, you've got very little to show in terms of proper contribution. As I said very early on, Yasu was never going to cooperate with you - besides, what would she have told you anyway? "I'm scum, and we have a role cop, and that cop is me?" Not to mention that you hardly helped point the loyal Family members in any direction either... go ahead and check where you've been throughout the day. Your behaviour is best described as "dodgy", although some people might actually go a bit further.

As I made it clear on numerous occasions, I would very much prefer to be left alone - both by you and your high'n'mighty horse. So please at least show me as much respect as refraining from addressing me today, and in the following days. You don't need to defend yourself by throwing more aggression and ridicule my way; I think it's plain for all to see now who's done what and how they've gone about achieving it.

If you don't mind me saying, that was a brilliant morning Grandfather. We lost a innocent kid which is bad of course but Yasu being a Mutineer gives us so much to work on. We don't need to rely on night actions.

We can focus on looking through the thread and finding the mutineers through the posts and how they reacted to the accusations and other things. Im off for a bit now to go do that and I would advise you to do the same. This shouldn't be too hard and now we know what we are looking for in the posts yesterday it may become transparent.

It was definitely a good thing that we voted Yasu out. But poor Lloyd, he was innocent. I can't help but to wonder if by the meaning of a true ninja wielding 2 katanas.

Grandpa taught us how to defend ourselves through the way of samurai by using single katana. I think it was known as bushido or something. I need to read up more. From ancient history till now, the Ninja and Samurai never see eye to eye in many aspects. We are honourable and we respect the code of honour. Now seeing a ninja presence make me wondered if any of these are related to a form of munity. Afterall, their roles are to outwit and eventually eliminates us.

What do you think?

It's good to know the gamble we took paid off. :classic: I am disappointed that we lost Lloyd Jr. before he even had a real chance to interact with us. MegaBlokin' metagaming Scum.

I do have a couple suspicions remaining from Yesterday, notably Lizzy, who seemed to jump on whatever latest accusation there was. (first Yasu, then Shiro, then Maniko, agreeing with three different people in all four of her posts) I'll have to check my spreadsheet notes later, when I'm not on a mobile device half awake.

Hmmm, good to know the right decision was made, lynching Yasu, I am relieved. The question on that matter is now, what can we learn from yesterday's chatter on the subject, are the people that were defending Yasu mutineers as well? They are definitely suspicious, and I am going to think back to find that out.. The other question now is, have we taken out the Mutineers' Role Cop? If so, that would be an added bonus!

I must say I had my doubts. I was torn between her just not understanding how to act when she came under suspicion and her really being a mutineer. Turns out it was both. I agree, we should have a good look back at what was said yesterday.

We might have taken out the mutineer's role cop, but not necessarily. It may be that role cop claim came after she had a chance to talk to her fellow mutineers (one of them may be the role cop), but I think it's more likely Yasu was the role cop, because she knew she was likely to be 'verified' by being tracked or having her target watched.

What do you think?

I think you might be trying to find too many clues in the retelling of last Night's events.

So please at least show me as much respect...

I will show you all the respect you showed me yesterday, Ojisan :wink:

Since my efforts were sound yesterday, even if fruitless, I will maintain that your behavior toward me was distinctly anti-town, though. And with the early statement that appeared that Yasu was innocent, that is a real plausible reason for an active townie to target you.

That is what we in the Yakuza call "an accurate assessment." If you can't handle that, well, no surprise. You still think you were in the right yesterday :hmpf:

I dare you to start a lynch on me today, and we'll see how many people think you know what you're talking about :wink:

It was definitely a good thing that we voted Yasu out. But poor Lloyd, he was innocent. I can't help but to wonder if by the meaning of a true ninja wielding 2 katanas.

I'm trying to figure out why it takes a ninja to kill a kid :look:

I dare you to start a lynch on me today, and we'll see how many people think you know what you're talking about :wink:

Have I said that I'm planning to do that? I do however "dare" you, in turn, to act less chidlish today. If you can, that is.

I am not convinced that you're a scummie. Just that you're impudent and insolent, which is why, as stated, I don't want to have anything to do with you from this point onwards.

My suspicions for today lead me elsewhere, so you can breathe for the time being. In the meantime, I'd suggest you contemplate on your attitude, even though I'm now certain that it won't help.

I think it's more likely Yasu was the role cop, because she knew she was likely to be 'verified' by being tracked or having her target watched.

I agree. The scum are likely to tell the truth as much as they possibly can, to avoid being caught up in a lie.

I am thinking Ichiro-kun is probably safe. As poorly thinking as Yasu-chan was, I doubt she would name a person in public who was on her team to vouch for her. I could be wrong, but I know I'm Yakuza, and I'll assume Ichiro-kun is Yakuza using this train of thought :wink:

Do we have to go through this again? We're a team. In my eyes, you both seem like Townies right now, so let's not give the Scum a chance to divide the Town and make this argument the focus of the Day.

I've presented my main suspicion, and I'm sure there are others with suspicions of their own. That should be our focus. The Scum would like nothing more than to distract us, and this argument that probably won't lead us to a lynch (both of you say that you don't plan to lynch each other right now) is only making their job easier.

Have I said that I'm planning to do that? I do however "dare" you, in turn, to act less chidlish today. If you can, that is.

Sure buddy. You can go on about roleplaying, since you are a mature 70 year old man :laugh:

I'm only daring you to highlight the lack of sensibility you used yesterday. If you've got some sense, you'll let it go and move on :wink:

Do we have to go through this again? We're a team. In my eyes, you both seem like Townies right now, so let's not give the Scum a chance to divide the Town and make this argument the focus of the Day.

I simply explained why I thought Nobuo-chan might be blocked by Yakuza, and it seems like he can't even fathom it. Sorry if it's distasteful, but I'm said it to get our thinking in line, and not in order to squabble :sadnew:

Well, we're off to a good start it seems, with a successful lynch yesterday :sweet:. Too bad about Lloyd jr. though, he was a good kid :cry_sad:

I would like to bring this to everyone's attention again. I already pointed it out yesterday, but now that we know for sure Yasu was scum, it's even more interesting. This is actually a very early defense of Yasu, when it was still possible to save her. Isamu later stopped defending Yasu when it became clear she'd be lynched no matter what was said.

This day has just started, I haven't even got my herbal tea yet and you've already talked that much. I'm glad we're such a big family, but bigger families make it harder for us to find these honorless traitors. :sadnew:

It appears some of you have already come up with something suspicious. I must say, I don't think it's a scumtell, since scum would usually try to avoid attention like this. So she obviously tried to defend herself even before she was attacked, even before we started to look for the Mutineers among us, although any scum should have known we wouldn't attack someone for being quiet early in the game, since there are different time zones sleep-wake cycles, so nobody would have cared anyway. So, therefore, if there is at least one experienced (or at least logically thinking) scum member they wouldn't have approved of her defending herself in the discussion thread yesterday in the evening. So, I myself think she is just being a paranoid, self-centered, but nonetheless loyal member of the Yakuza (no offence). Why paranoid and self-centered? Because a Yakuza or Mutineer who's not paranoid won't assume they would be accused, and a Yakuza who's not self-centered won't really care if they are accused, they'll simply do their best to defend themselves after reading the accusation and if they fail, they'll die in honor. So they certainly won't care about being under suspicion, either, especially if there's no reason for them to be suspected. They will care about the Family, not about themselves. :sadnew:

I agree with your premiss, but not with your conclusion. In an ideal case, a true Yakuza (why are you talking about "Townies" anyway, we're in a temple, not in a town :wacko:) will not try to act innocent, as I said above, but sometimes young aspirants, who still have to learn, care more about themselves than about the Family. They fear being killed so much, that they try to act innocant, and don't realize how they harm the Family that way. :sadnew:

Hmm, someone has some explaining to do, Isamu.

That is the exact type of post I am looking for as I will be going through the thread, it wreaks scum to me.

Suspicious, partially, but I don't think defense of someone we now know to be a Scum that early is not grounds for lynching on its own. At that point in the Day, Yasu had yet to post her highly suspicious 'defense' and I myself wasn't that confident that she was Scum and not a paranoid and/or inexperienced Townie.

It could be something to consider if anything else comes up against Isamu, but on its own...

Oops, unintentional double negative. I meant to say, "I don't think defense of someone we now know to be a Scum that early is grounds for lynching on its own."

Okay, here we go, a proper presentation of my current (strongest) suspicions:

Those are interesting points, Mother. I think we should hear what Yasu has to say, of course, but that's something of a lead right there.

Sorry I haven't said anything, but I'm still eating my steak, and Mother taught me never to speak with my mouth full.

Firstly, this is agreement with someone else. Secondly, it's a really bad excuse for not being active. (don't talk with your mouth full? Seriously? :hmpf: )

That makes sense. Granted, five seems like a low number, but Grandfather's vision could have been just a rough estimate.

Again, this is agreement with someone else. It's also Information Instead of Analysis. The number of Scum and the significance of the genies was at that point (and still isn't right now) irrelevant. We don't need to know how many Scum there are at the beginning of the situation. Speculating about the setup looks helpful, but it's nothing more than useless and distracting. :sceptic:

Hmm, Shiro-san does seem to be making a rather shaky bid to protect Yasu-chan. "What if we lynch the wrong person," sounds like an attempt to redirect the FoS, and I agree with Isamu-san that the second part of that statement is not helpful at all. It's the kind of thing an under-the-radar scum (or, admittedly, inattentive Yakuza) might say to make it look like they're engaged in the conversation. For now, I'll...

Vote: Yasu (TheBoyWonder)

... but Shiro-san better watch what he says. :hmpf_bad:

This is also an agreement with someone else.

Good eye, Mother. Maniko-chan makes it appear that her contributions are well thought-out and constructive, but it's a lot of empty space behind the words. She appears to be contributing to the discussion, but is really saying nothing and staying below the radar. If I'm not mistaken, that's Scumtells 101.

Unvote: Yasu (TheBoyWonder)

Vote: Maniko (swils)

And again, agreement with someone else. And jumping on another accusation of another player. My accusation of Maniko was frustration and displeasure with the amount of acting she was doing, and on its own was not reason for a lynch. Even though I still consider Mankio a suspect, the case I made against her was not nearly as strong as the cases against Yasu or Shiro.

So, Lizzy is doing no reasoning of her own. She's continued a distracting, useless conversation, made a bad excuse for inactivity (which, like Yasu, she was not being accused or suspected for), and seems too eager to agree with whoever brings forth an accusation. Sheep, Scum, or both? :look:

I appreciate your hard work combing the records, Emi-chan. I honestly don't have the time to do so at the moment :blush:

Firstly, this is agreement with someone else. Secondly, it's a really bad excuse for not being active. (don't talk with your mouth full? Seriously? :hmpf: )

I really don't think this is an indictment of anything, other than an intense desire to illustrate the material realities of this world, despite the ultimate truth that this reality is but a mirage we are wandering though :sadnew:

As for the rest, it says to me Lizzy doesn't have the experience to lead at the moment. I don't say this to excuse or condemn her, but merely to state that it seems a matter of experience above all.

Again, thank you for your contributions :wink:

I really don't think this is an indictment of anything, other than an intense desire to illustrate the material realities of this world, despite the ultimate truth that this reality is but a mirage we are wandering though :sadnew:

The question in my mind, though, is, what was the point of saying it? If it was merely roleplaying acting, there would be no reason for her to say that that was why she wouldn't be active. She could have just said that she should swallow to avoid talking with her mouth full, or something. Did she fear being called out for inactivity? And, if so, why? For the same reasons as Yasu? I doubt the Scum would make that mistake twice in a row, but...

There was no reason for her to justify her inactivity, and to me it's clear that her statement went beyond acting.

The question in my mind, though, is, what was the point of saying it? If it was merely roleplaying acting, there would be no reason for her to say that that was why she wouldn't be active. She could have just said that she should swallow to avoid talking with her mouth full, or something. Did she fear being called out for inactivity? And, if so, why? For the same reasons as Yasu? I doubt the Scum would make that mistake twice in a row, but...

There was no reason for her to justify her inactivity, and to me it's clear that her statement went beyond acting.

It's the reason I don't sweat this kabuki of life we're in. The "acting" is the trees, and the getting rid of the Mutineers is the forest. I'll keep my eyes on the forest, thank you very much :sadnew: But, for some, they are living this life in the exact opposite way, believing the "trees" are the key part. I won't hold it against them, but I also won't consider it helpful in any way at all.

I don't blame the lion for eating the gazelle anymore than I blame the gazelle for being eaten by the lion. Some will 'be' one way, while others will 'be' the other way, and the best thing we can do is get past this.

つまり(tsumari), he was just filling space and being himself, but I don't think I'll vote based on it, there are better scum tells :sweet: