Legonardo

Albion Tavern

In the midst of the busy streets of Albion, our pearl capital, is arog tavern

6927559367_5a0910dc0c_z.jpg

6781422372_7b66763f7d_z.jpg

Two hobbits enjoying a bottle of Arog (special ale that is brewed here and only here)

6927536971_97d0ae41ab_z.jpg

6927538181_60a45bcb41_z.jpg

6927539621_296d0af51c_z.jpg

6781420284_96d515e626_z.jpg

6927541173_7338d3570d_z.jpg

wasn't going to build this till later, but I thought Albion was beginning to be forgotten, so I'm hoping this might jump start people to do some more builds for our mighty capital. It was a fun build with a few new techniques for me (as always, parts # was a border)

C&C welcome and appreciated!

Wow, what a nice build! Very smooth and effective - and those cobblestone streets have turned out brilliantly, that's a very ingenious technique you've used there. I would imagine you take extra care not to shake that MOC around too much, but in any case, what matters is that it looks great!

Looking good Legonardo Davidy!!

That road is great and is something I may have to borrow in my future build! :classic: The colour scheme is also very nice and fits very well in Albion! The cellar door on the ground is a very nice detail!!

Some windows on the first floor would be nice but I guess that that is where your brick limitation takes over? The ivy on the back of the house should have contact with the ground. Looks kinda weird with the ivy on top of the building with no connection to the ground...

Great work on this one Legonardo Davidy!!!

Awesome tavern LD, I like the use of the legs over the windows! the cobble stones are great too. The cellar door is a great addition too.

Nicely done.

mikey

I also really like the paving stones in the street. Great idea. Was it a real pain to arrange them all so that they fit well and the gaps aren't too big?

I'm also a sucker for using those arches to cantilever part of the build out; I think that's a great look. Good job overall. Although it does seem like it could use another window or two. Must be a really dark, smoky tavern inside.

Nice tavern legonardo! The outside floor is great, very cool design. Does it also have an interior? I really like the second floor sticking out of the basefloor.

Very nice LD, is the slopey thing to the left of the stairs a log store, coal bin or cellar hatch? I love little details like this. I don't suppose there is an interior? That technique for the floor is great, I've seen it quite a few times on here, it's a very nice, traditional style tavern, well what I'd imagine of a traditional Avalonian tavern :classic:

Nice. I like the legs over the windows, adds a good bit of detail. Cool street design also, do those stay in very well?

Great building.

It's a very nice clean build.

Nothing super flashy, but lots of subtle texture and details. :thumbup:

Lookin' good LD! The only negative I have about it, is the lack of window's on the first floor. Everything else is great. :thumbup: I love the cellar door!

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

The first time I read this, I thought it was called "grog tavern" and I was very tempted to stop by to sample the local ales. Very nice build, I especially like the floor and the cellar door. The lack of windows actually works fine for a pub, makes it feel very cosy, and so do the hobbits outside.

We must send Sir Ignatius to Albion to pick up a few bottles of Arog.

:classic:

Thanks for all the nice comments guys!

The cobblestones are a bit of a hassle and require allot more parts then it looks like. placing them can be tricky, especially when it comes to gaps. as for shaking the moc around, no problem! there is A: the black border and B: a wall under the tavern stoping them from changing shape majorly (you cant stop the m moving a tiny bit, just don't hold it upside down :laugh: )

the windows is due to my lack of parts (I have windows but no more legs/4x1 plates)

CptMugwash that is a cellar door and the roof does lift off for easy access, but their isn't an interior.

=Legonardo=

Very nice tavern! I love the stonework in the road. I also really like the cellar door. I would love to see an interior on this. Good work!

A very good Grog Tavern for Albion. I would like to see the cellar or should that be the grog kellar. :laugh: