Sign in to follow this  
Hiawatha

Fort Nassau

[pid][/pid] 207A

Fort Nassau

The Royal Navy has built a stronghold in the Bahamian Crown Colony. With the aura of war with the French in the West Indies, this base is being loaded with new recruits and weapons.

100_2630.jpg

The front of the fort.

100_2196.jpg

This is a picture I took while making it. I think it really shows a good view of the fort.

100_2200.jpg

The back of the fort.

100_2679.jpg

The fishermen.

100_2680.jpg

The beach.

100_2733.jpg

Aerial view.

100_2734.jpg

The palm forest and road.

100_2701.jpg

Living quarters.

100_2686.jpg

Entrance to the fort.

100_2698.jpg

A West Indian soldier keeps an eye on the gate.

100_2699.jpg

Closeup of soldier and statue.

100_2545.jpg

The supplies and a doctor are coming down the road. Who is that in the background? :jollyroger:

100_2687.jpg

The inside of the fort.

100_2655.jpg

The men at the mess table.

100_2668.jpg

The storage of powder and food.

100_2669.jpg

Soldiers line up for a drill. The bottom of the gun floor is a stable.

100_2670.jpg

The man in charge of the stable and the prison cells.

100_2671.jpg

Inside the barracks.

100_2672.jpg

The gun floor.

100_2689.jpg

Full side.

100_2690.jpg

Officers discuss their plans.

100_2697.jpg

A guard asleep on duty and the water well.

100_2703.jpg

Ladder to the tower and flag.

100_2708.jpg

Top of the tower.

100_2705.jpg

Does anyone know what this resembles? :pir-sweet:

100_2182.jpg

A snapshot of the building process.

I hope you enjoyed this creation and thanks for reading! :pir-classic:

There was a real Fort Nassau in the Bahamas, but it is since been destoryed. Fort Charlotte is the largest fort there today. This build was not really based off of the design, I just liked the name and wanted to put the fort in the Bahamas.

When Public: The Gallery

A redcoats my old friends, this is a really nice build, I love how soild it feels (try to get through that BSB) and I love the way the sea is lapping the shore, its so simple but so effective. Oddly enought the only thing I am not a fan of is the cannon in the tower (how did it get up there?) but thats a minor niggle on a brilliant build.

Well done sir :thumbup:

A redcoats my old friends, this is a really nice build, I love how soild it feels (try to get through that BSB) and I love the way the sea is lapping the shore, its so simple but so effective. Oddly enought the only thing I am not a fan of is the cannon in the tower (how did it get up there?) but thats a minor niggle on a brilliant build.

Well done sir :thumbup:

Thank you for the reply. :pir-classic: I have wondered that myself and I came to the conclusion that during the building process they had a very strong crane mechanism. :pir-sweet:

Nice fort! The height and monochrome of the walls are very intimidating, and there's plenty of cannon. But I don't like the inside, the platforms look too thin to support such heavy cannons or accomodate the recoil, and in any case it just looks too square and compartmentalized to me. Still, it's a great fort. Redcoats are back in business! :pir_laugh2:

Nice fort! The height and monochrome of the walls are very intimidating, and there's plenty of cannon. But I don't like the inside, the platforms look too thin to support such heavy cannons or accomodate the recoil, and in any case it just looks too square and compartmentalized to me. Still, it's a great fort. Redcoats are back in business! :pir_laugh2:

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :pir-classic: I made the platforms like that mainly becuase of space for what I could build on the side of the walls. I actually had it orginally shorter, but then had to make it longer as I noticed the problem.

Thank you for the reply. :pir-classic: I have wondered that myself and I came to the conclusion that during the building process they had a very strong crane mechanism. :pir-sweet:

ha, thats funny, it made me smile, I forgot to say I also like how you made the trees, its again simple yet effective.

brilliant build :thumbup:

What an excellent fort! I have to say, it is very similar to other Georgian forts in the Caribbean, like the fort at Kingston, Jamaica.

impresive fort,

you should think twice if you wanna attack it

I like the etnical mix :thumbup:, Aborigins and Black people were fundamental in the colonial era

Very nice! Only a fool and his army would dare attack such a fortress! However, with so many men taking up the space, is there room to store enough food to survive a siege? :bonaparte:

Lovely fortress!

Duck

ha, thats funny, it made me smile, I forgot to say I also like how you made the trees, its again simple yet effective.

brilliant build :thumbup:

Thanks, I really like using that method to help build large forests with many tall tress. I agree, it is really simple, but looks really good. :pir-wink:

What an excellent fort! I have to say, it is very similar to other Georgian forts in the Caribbean, like the fort at Kingston, Jamaica.

Thank you for the reply. I was inspired by the English forts I saw in the Caribbean to make this. :pir-wink:

impresive fort,

you should think twice if you wanna attack it

I like the etnical mix :thumbup:, Aborigins and Black people were fundamental in the colonial era

Thanks, the West Indian Soldiers played a crucial part in the Colonial Bahamas since the British government had a large slave base there and even when they abolsihed the slave trade and the practice of slavery all together, many of the blacks on slave ships seized by the Royal Navy settled in the Bahamas since they were then free.

Very nice! Only a fool and his army would dare attack such a fortress! However, with so many men taking up the space, is there room to store enough food to survive a siege? :bonaparte:

Lovely fortress!

Duck

Thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed!

They have packed much food and supplies to last weeks and the cover of the forset can allow them to sneak back into town under enemy bombardment. :cannon: