Rufus

Welcome to LEGO Architecture Month!

and it seems to me that this idea came from TLG rather than from our admins, but maybe it's just me.

No. We are extremely grateful to TLG for allowing us an early look at the new set, but the idea of Architecture month is all EB.

So, does this mean that the CMF Series 6 contest will be put off for another month because of this? :sceptic:

Wait and see :wink:

I like most of the architecture sets with only a few looking silly. The cost has always stopped me from buying them, but I am looking forward to seeing what people make in the contest as I know there are some very talented builders here who can make more intricate designs than LEGO has. :thumbup:

So, does this mean that the CMF Series 6 contest will be put off for another month because of this? :sceptic:

NO! :wink:

I think no one mentioned it yet, the buiding contest picture is just wow! :sweet: I don't even understand what the light source is!

Looks like an LED inserted into a 1x1 cone piece. Judging by the fantastic lighting employed in IMHOTEP Mafia, I'm guessing that that's Rufus' (Pandufus'?) work. :drool:

I think the architecture series has merit. I do look forward to what Adam Tucker will come up with.

That said, the outcome is uneven. All are overpriced, which tends to make me restrained with my purchases.

I thought Fallingwater was a masterpiece (the original as well as the LEGO building) , and I am enjoying building the Robie House now to join Fallingwater on my desk at work.

Some of the others are nice (The Farnsworth House, the White House).

Others range from OK but not good enough to overspend on with some that are just silly (the Burj Dubai, what the heck, who would buy that when they can just built it out of spare parts?). In general, the towers/very tall buildings don't do well - they are either boring, or don't look realistic or nice.

The pattern is clear - the greater the horizontal to vertical ratio of the actual building, the more likely the LEGO rendering is to be faithful as well as attractive. Obviously less curves makes for easier rendering as well.

I don't think LEGO expects to make money on these, but it's done for publicity and visibility.

I hope LEGO continues this series as long as they are not losing big bucks on it. There are hits and misses, but I can ignore the misses and enjoy the hits.

I have to agree.

There are definitely some misses with the series. I personally wrote it off despite the few sets I did like. Strangely, the Mini Modulars set actually got me to give a second look at the series. Not sure I'll go back and buy older Architecture sets, but I'm definitely in the challenge of building these microscaled pieces of art.

I am glad this series is getting more attention since it fills a very interesting niche for LEGO fans. I'm surprised that I find myself getting on board with it.

Look forward to see what comes next. :)

Will

6870913259_3f3ed3d1dc_z.jpg

Architecture Month Building Contest is now live!

Really wish I could participate! Too bad I just joined today...

I think, you can! Rules were adjusted yesterday:

"New registrants are allowed to enter." :thumbup:

Good luck!!

St. Basil’s Cathedral?!! I am really curious how TLG would create that thing?

Hope we'll see this model some day... Though it may be not very recognizable in LEGO form (about the coloured domes...), I'd definetly buy it...

Architecture Month may be over, but the Architecture fun keeps coming!

gallery_6705_159_120772.jpg

:grin:

The first Eurobricks LEGO Architecture Contest results are in, and the winners announced!

med_gallery_6705_159_118945.jpg

It's been an exciting contest - thank you to everyone who took part! :wub:

Click the picture to find out who has won, or visit here!