Cunctator

My city 2012 version

indexed.gif Layout

Hi,

I did some addition to my town layout and I thought to share with you some photos

As you will see it’s a combination of official sets here and there modded with some moc building

Let’s start with an overview

dscf1653_800.jpg

Here a modular version of the Gringott's bank:

dscf1654_800.jpg

My last modulars in line

dscf1655_800.jpg

Little church as town center

dscf1660_800.jpg

Bakery shop + flower shop + italian embassy!

dscf1661_800.jpg

Medieval part of the city

dscf1662_800.jpg

Train shed and station

dscf1663_800.jpg

dscf1664_800.jpg

Here the last additions: a taller version of big ben tower from car's set big bentley and the adjacent white modular.

The other two modulars instead were the 1st ones I built

dscf1669_800.jpg

dscf1670_800.jpg

In my Brickshelf Gallery you will find the evolution of this city with further photos

Hope you enjoyed them and thanks for watching!

oh.my.god

I need some time to soak it all in. This town looks aweinspiring - you have built some great MOCs, but to see them alongside the official Modulars and the Medieval Market Village, the Big Ben and the Tower Bridge among other things is just great.

I really love your MOCs on their own also though

edit: one thing that I think needs more work is the green area in front of your city. Its sub-par compared to the MOCs, the layout, the official sets and the modded sets :)

Edited by Lorentzen

Compliments on your feel for things; as Lorentzen aptly noted, you've combined lots of MOCs and original sets, and done so in style.

The no-official-streets concept is a thing I'm slowly starting to embrace myself - brilliant setup there.

Oh wow, this is amazing, how long has this taken you to set up/collect? I agree with Lorentzen about the greenery in the front being a bit bare, trees are great, what it needs is a path, I guess you plan on doing that though seeing the lamp posts and figs there. One thing though is the painted board instead of using road baseplates, genius. I thought about this but wondered how the paint held up when shifting those big modulars and what paint did you use?

Cheers.

Okay, now someone has been busy....one word....AWESOME !

Wonderful street layouts, customized buildings.....converted town plan town hall into church...a huge :thumbup: for that. :classic:

Just an excellent city design/layout ' Cunctator '......Brick On ! :moar:

It's great to see a city with so many MOCs! I love the layout, the streets, the water details... everything. :thumbup:

Unbelievable! I like the MODs to 10184 Town Plan City Hall and 10217 Gringotts. Your MOCs are also great and fit well with the officials. I really like the fountain area out in front of the church. Very nice.

Great work.

I love the large 'gringotts'. You have given me some ideas for when I attempt mine. :thumbup:

Wow lots of comments!

Oh wow, this is amazing, how long has this taken you to set up/collect? I agree with Lorentzen about the greenery in the front being a bit bare, trees are great, what it needs is a path, I guess you plan on doing that though seeing the lamp posts and figs there. One thing though is the painted board instead of using road baseplates, genius. I thought about this but wondered how the paint held up when shifting those big modulars and what paint did you use?

Cheers.

I think 4 years. The paint I used is the chalkboard paint that is a bit expensive but I like very much the final result, it seems really asphalt and you could use the chalks on it, for example, for street signs: one of these days I should try what is the effect.

Thanks to everybody for the nice comments and feedback! I'm glad you also find ideas for your city :classic:

Now I should find some space for the new town hall: very likely the modded winter toy shop will be removed to make room...

Great, great work, Cunctator! That's exactly the kind of city I hope to achieve in the end, And I must warn you, I'll probably steal more than a few design ideas from your buildings!

Keep brickin' on!

Great, great work, Cunctator! That's exactly the kind of city I hope to achieve in the end, And I must warn you, I'll probably steal more than a few design ideas from your buildings!

Keep brickin' on!

Thanks dede_la_fee, feel free to "steal"!

I'd like to show you my newspaper stand inspired by the one from lgorlando with almost no stickers except for the ones from 10184 town plan

dscf1676_800.jpg

My modular version of Borgin and Burke's:

dscf1675_800.jpg

Modular version of cinema and service station from town plan:

dscf1677_800.jpg

And firefighters at work!

dscf1667_800.jpg

That's indeed a great city setup with a great combination of MOCs, official sets, and enlarged smaller official sets in a big cohesive area. :thumbup: And if you really add a train level as you mentioned, that would be another great thing...

Great looking city layout. :thumbup: I wish I had all that space to fit all those modulars. I like all the modularized offical sets and the custom buildings and the overall size of it. There is a lot of Lego there. Look forward to seeing how it grows and changes.

Ooh! I like your MODed 4954 Model Townhouse. Very cool. However, something about the cinema irks me. The second level just doesn't fit with the first. Maybe color matching the floors would do it.

indexed.gif Layout

Layout updated with town hall!

dscf1678_800.jpg

dscf1680_800.jpg

dscf1681_800.jpg

I like the variation in height it gives in the line of modulars, I also built it two studs back to have more sidewalk.

Bye

Cunctator

Great update, Cunctator! More evidence the Town Hall looks good in line. Also, in seeing your two end buildings, light blue and brown ones. I'd love to see something similar officially. Two townhouses/apartments that are the same, but not. Much like 10218 is, but two townhouses.

Fantastic layout 'Cunctator'! A true modular town, very impressive. I love the large additions to the factory sets and the addition of the Town Hall looks great. I look forward to your next update default_classic.gif

Wow. Now i must first take a deep breath before i can start typing again. Cunctator, what a layout do you have. My mouth begins to water and my fingers begin itching. Would i like building like that. Did i see correct, that you build an extra floor on Market street? I am playing with that idea to. I thing it would look beter with one or two extra floors on top of the Marketsquare. The way you included the Harry Poter houses and Medevil Market Village into your layout is great. I hope you have more space to include more (much more).

Thanks to everyone! I’m glad you liked it! :sweet:

Wow. Now i must first take a deep breath before i can start typing again. Cunctator, what a layout do you have. My mouth begins to water and my fingers begin itching. Would i like building like that. Did i see correct, that you build an extra floor on Market street? I am playing with that idea to. I thing it would look beter with one or two extra floors on top of the Marketsquare. The way you included the Harry Poter houses and Medevil Market Village into your layout is great. I hope you have more space to include more (much more).

Yes I built an extra floor on the market street with a terrace on top. I agree with you that with an extra floor it looks better

For the space I’m currently in a negotiation phase with my wife :laugh:

I’ve an idea to raise the city in order to have a train running below, but I’m still not sure if it will look better in this way :sceptic:

THIS IS AWESOME!!! :oh::thumbup:

After how many years could I hope to have something like that? (Right now, the only town set I have is coming with the post...)