gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Name: New York Exclusive Tag and Figure Keychain

Set Number: 853309

Theme: Gear

Year: 2011

Pieces: 1

Price: $5.49 (USD)

Helpful links: Bricklink

Availability: Exclusive to Lego brand store at Rockefeller Center, New York City.

Basically, I picked this up in the Lego Store at Rockefeller Center on a trip to New York in mid-February 2012, and as there wasn’t a review of this exclusive keychain and the fact that keychain reviews are a rare breed, I’d write up a little review. To be perfectly honest, this hardly constitutes a review, but I thought you guys might like to see a few pictures of this little guy.

Firstly, here's a few photos of the store where you can find this keychain:

6779870282_892a7d76bb.jpg6779870136_5b8281e40d.jpg6779870206_775f27a84c.jpg6779870064_51fe9a6993.jpg

And here it is; the exclusive (and seemingly elusive) keychain.

6779869378_d4577f2d04.jpg

And a close up of the New York lover himself, from the front and behind.

6779869484_3da17683dc.jpg6779869544_b8606d6d7d.jpg

As you can see, the New York lover’s hat can move around.

6779869620_cf2f473d8a.jpg6925986687_51d5b8b214.jpg

According to sister product, the exclusive Lego brand store at Rockefeller Centre magnet (which costs the same amount), his hat is meant to be at an angle.

6779869788_95a238c4b3.jpg

I rather like the fact that the Heart on his t-shirt has been swapped for a Brick, and you can see the comparison here:

6925986895_f2320ba1ff.jpg6925986971_f6f63522ed.jpg

Overall opinion:

I’m not going to give this a score, as it is not strictly an official set, but I’ll write a few ramblings. I’d say this is a reasonable price for a keychain. I’ll never actually use it on my keys, but it’s a nice memento of a fantastic trip and a chance to feed by Lego addiction on another continent. I’m sure many visitors to the Lego store end up walking away with one of these. Also, I’m pretty sure that if you try pretty hard, you’ll be able to remove the keychain and have this New York lover (or should that be bricker?) strolling through your Lego city. Also, a quick browse on Brickset shows that very similar keychains are available at the Berlin and Canadian stores.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this very brief review and that I’ve posted it in the right place!!

And finally, it looks like our man in New York has found his dream woman!

6925986849_0bd3c9e763.jpg

Edited by Roger Rabbit
Indexed!

WOW very cool. I live in NY (upstate) and didnt know this was there. I went to the Lego Rockefeller store in December but missed this. I will have to go tmw when I go to the city.

And finally, it looks like our man in New York has found his dream woman.

6925986849_0bd3c9e763.jpg

DSC02222 by Ny O'Hara, on Flickr

Great stuff. :thumbup:

Seeing how you modified the Statue of Liberty reminds me of how I often see people dressed as her at busy intersections promoting the nearby tax preperation service. :laugh:

I rather like the fact that the Heart on his t-shirt has been swapped for a Brick, and you can see the comparison here:

I think they took the heart design from the 'I (love) NY' Lego book by Christoph Niemann.

f86d1122ef932a18_legony.jpg

Nice keychain though! :classic:

I just went there today. They are out of Keychains at the moment. But I got the magnet.

That's a shame, but at least you got the magnet - I've yet to take mine out of it's packaging!!

Real nice! I would've gotten either the keychain or magnet if I knew they had them when I went.

A friend from work was headed to NYC a few months ago and they were going to be right beside Rockafeller Center. I said if you get a chance, go into The Lego Store and grab me something with "New York" on it. They bought me back this key-chain and it's a great add to the collection. It's nice to know they were a limited edition as well. :thumbup:

A friend from work was headed to NYC a few months ago and they were going to be right beside Rockafeller Center. I said if you get a chance, go into The Lego Store and grab me something with "New York" on it. They bought me back this key-chain and it's a great add to the collection. It's nice to know they were a limited edition as well. :thumbup:

Glad you like it, it's a great addition to anyone's collection.

Just noticed my sloppy spelling in the review - I can only apologise and have cleared it up.