Sign in to follow this  
Aeroeza

Build your own Lego Death Star 1:1!

Well, the title is misleading in many ways (I thought these were instructions on how to replicate the Death Star set somehow), but the article sure is interesting! Thanks! :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Well, the title is misleading in many ways (I thought these were instructions on how to replicate the Death Star set somehow), but the article sure is interesting! Thanks! :thumbup:

Yeah I know. I was just trying to avoid a big 'SCIENCE/MATHS' content warning in the topic header and pull in a few extra patrons... :look:

Someone should put this up on Cuusoo just to mess with LEGO. :laugh:

All jokes aside those are some impressive figures, and math. :sick:

It really should be on Cuusoo! :laugh:

WHat is funny and cool is I actually had done the math on this a while back whilst my friend and I watched the original trilogy. I gathered scaling information on real life to minifigure size and then went in search of the standard listed size for the Death Star. I remember part of my estimation was like 26 football fields in Diameter

What a ridiculously cool article!! I'm a WIRED subscriber, and I love some of the things they come up with.

I'll have to show my wife this, she teaches middle school math and would love the way they used math here.

Decided to search for the biggest Lego Death Star so far but most seem about the same size, a few feet across (including the one in the banner image on the forum).

They must have made bigger ones for trade shows... Haven't they?

It really should be on Cuusoo! :laugh:

:laugh:. Maybe every person who votes should have to contribute 100 bricks towards it.

This is great! I would love for someone to take up this challenge!

When I become a Trillionaire, I will build a space station for me to live in, or buy the ISS. Use Lego S@H to deliver a billion light bley 2x4 bricks and get to work.

You think Lego would ship them to me?!

Jamie

Cool article! However it was the second Death Star that (according to canon) is 160km in diameter. The first Death Star is "only" 120km in diameter... :wacko: