M<0><0<DSWIM

[MOC] Battle Droids and STAP (Moodland Scale)

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This is my first entry for the newest community build, Battle Droids and STAP in Moodland scale! TPM is literally my least favorite SW movie, but there are a few things I find cool about it, namely the droids.

stap.jpg

Mad props to Krika99 on Flickr for sharing an image of his BD design, which inspired improvements in my own. Also, Thanks to Brickdoctor for the minifig arms-as-those-tube-thingies-in-the-torso idea. :wink:

stap1.jpg

While i don't think I got every detail exact, I think this is good enough for now till i can revisit my designs later. As always, I want to hear what you all think! :sweet:

Excellent entry, Mood! Those BDs are much better than any Miniland-scale BDs I've ever seen, and the STAP compliments them perfectly! :thumbup: I already saw this on your Flickr yesterday, but I was waiting for you to post it here before I blogged it.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Excellent entry, Mood! Those BDs are much better than any Miniland-scale BDs I've ever seen, and the STAP compliments them perfectly! :thumbup: I already saw this on your Flickr yesterday, but I was waiting for you to post it here before I blogged it.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks, Oky! This was alot of fun to build. :classic:

This is great MOODswim! The heads are perfects, and the arms and legs are very thin, but pack in a bunch of detail. I must know - how did you do the heads?

:drool:, these are fantastic, the STAP especialy, the shaping of the gun platform and engine is excellent :wub_drool:.

All i have to say is ehhh... This are fliping awesome.. :drool::angel_sing:

I think you captured the look on these droids perfectly.

Edited by lego envy

This is great MOODswim! The heads are perfects, and the arms and legs are very thin, but pack in a bunch of detail. I must know - how did you do the heads?

Thanks! Here's how I built the heads: I used a tan 1x4 round slope for the head. I attached a 1x1 clip like I used for the hands to the back of the head with 2 tooth plates. I uses a 1x1 plate with "c" clip attached to the bottom. I used a 4L bar for the neck, then used the friction of the "c" clip to keep the head attached and to allow it to turn. Hope that makes sense. I'll have more detailed pics on Mocpages some time today. :wink:

Excellent work! Definitely one of my favorites in the CB so far. How does that one little stand hold it up though?

Thanks! The STAP and Droid aren't as heavy as they look so the stand holds them up, but this did fall over once or twice. :laugh:

That's a neat addition to your Mood Scale!

Hope you do more droid related ones :sweet:

Thanks, Ceroknight! I actually do plan on a few more droid-related builds, so stay tuned. :classic:

Excellent work, Mood. My favorite part is all those slopes around the middle area of the STAP. So many angles, and all of them shape the vehicle perfectly. :thumbup:

Excellent work, Mood. My favorite part is all those slopes around the middle area of the STAP. So many angles, and all of them shape the vehicle perfectly. :thumbup:

Thanks, Doc! That was literally the hardest part to get to look right.

Excellent MOC Mood! :thumbup: I quite like the battle droids, and the STAP is great too, my favorite droid vehicle from Ep. I. And the shaping on it is awesome.

From what I've seen of all your builds, I think this is one of your best!

It's a wonderful contribution to the community build. :classic:

From what I've seen of all your builds, I think this is one of your best!

It's a wonderful contribution to the community build. :classic:

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. :sweet:

This is just fantastic! I like the heads, simple but effective. Great work MOOD! :yoda:

Thanks! Part of the head design I got from Flickr member Krika99.

The Battle Droid is just ace and the STAP has lots nice detail - the guns look cool, I like the way you integrated the engines and the pedals on the wings are nice too. :thumbup:

The Battle Droid is just ace and the STAP has lots nice detail - the guns look cool, I like the way you integrated the engines and the pedals on the wings are nice too. :thumbup:

Thanks! Getting the pedals to look right was actually a bit of a challenge. :hmpf: