Sign in to follow this  
Brutus91

Where do you buy your special Bricks? (Europe) MOC

Hello my Legofriends

First of all, i have to excuse me for my bad english. Im from Switzerland and i like Lego Pirates since i've been 6 years old.

Sorry if another person asked this in past, but where do you get this beautiful bricks for your MOC's.

Greez

Ok thx, but i think the guys who buil the special and impressiv MOC's didnt buy sets. I think they bought the parts seperately, but where? At sweden?

Perhaps you misunderstood. Bricklink is a collection of sellers who will sell whichever parts you may need. Follow the link in the previous post and click on "Buy Lego" then search for the piece(s) you want. (Ich kann es auf deutsch sagen wenn du brauchst.)

Haha, alles klar, dachte hier wären nicht so viele Deutschsprechende unterwegs. Also dann kann man dort quasi ladenfrische Legos kaufen? Hat Lego selber nicht so etwas wie ein outlet store?

I find myself in need of a translator. :pir-tongue:

Thankfully I have Google translate. LEGO does have an "outlet store," here at Pick a Brick (PaB). While I've never used PaB or Bricklink, from what I gather for huge bulk buys PaB can be cheaper, but Bricklink has a much larger selection. Not sure on that though.

Pick a brick seems the one i was looking for. I think the MOC Pros buy the different bricks there. Is there a pro in this forum? :pir-cry_happy:

Ps: I think, the best way to get the bricks u want, is to go by yourself at such a outlet brickstore and buy them. But i think there isnt one in switzerland :pir-sceptic:

Edited by Brutus91

No, I don't think there's one in Switzerland either. Germany has the closest one.

However, you may want to take a look on Ebay. I'd say the majority of bulk buying takes place there. You can buy pieces by the kilo.

The problem with bulk buying on Ebay is that you can't really choose what you get - after doing a quick search, there doesn't seem to be any specific (ie, 1000 grey 1 by 4 bricks) lots, and the majority are just scattered primary colors.

I think the best solution for bulk is (if you live near a LEGO store) to order a so-called "K box".

Switzerland has no LEGO store? Bizarre.

From LEGO's website, they only have stores in five countries: United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, and Denmark.

Bricklink is the place the "pro's " use I think, I'm not a pro but to get the parts I need for some of my mocs bricklink is the place.

you can get almost any part there.

Besides this online shop there are also real visitable shops in Germany, I've never been there but every year the lug I'm in (belug) organizes a trip to Cologne (Köln) to visit the store and buy parts at discounted prices.

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

Most of the good MOCers use Bricklink a lot. You can get bricks there that are brand new, and look as though they came straight from TLG. Bricklink has a much wider selection than Pick-a-Brick does, and generally better prices as well. :pir-classic:

There are individual online stores on Bricklink that are spread across the globe (many in Germany), so shipping prices are not outrageous either.