Squishy Stelactite

What's with Lego sets nowadays?

I would like to make a formal request to the Eurobricks administrators that we ban all future usage of the word "<insert that tiresome argument>." It's such a lazy, boring, tired argument.

Sure! But probably just for a limited time. :laugh:

more bricks means more plastic used which means higher cost. Sadly unless someone finds a new way to make plastics that doesn't use oil the cost of plastic will continue to increase and there will be more large parts using less plastic.

That sounds odd but if you look at the new garage set that uses tall three sided pillars instead of brick built columns you can see where less plastic is used but the pillar part does the same job. It's down to economics really.

This is ridiculous-- I'm honestly contemplating whether the original post was just an attempt at getting the boards all riled up. AND I know that he/you is/are following the responses very carefully, and probably enjoying every second.

As for me, I think the shift in design has never been about making things easier to build, but instead rather a combination of a.)limiting set counts to keep hitting specific price points in the marketing plan, and b.) just an overall change in TLG's aesthetic approach. SNOT techniques and special pieces make the designs look more streamlined, less blocky-- which both attracts new builders and alienates old ones at the same time. As someone else said, however-- just look at TLG's bottom line. They're turning record profits, so I wouldn't expect this philosophy to change.

You are right. It was probably a troll.

Not going to bother reporting him, as the Mods know about him. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by LEGOman273

Indeed. :sceptic:

To be honest this topic is beyond stupid. I've seen Squishy Stelactite visit it several times without comment. I think he's just here for a laugh so...