brickcitydepot

Canal Street Houses - Modular Building

indexed.gif B-RM-5D

This is my brothers third completed modular building. They are a pair of houses typical of Amsterdam that line the streets of the canals.

The blue house features an office downstairs with a detailed bathroom and stairs that lead up to the 2nd floor which has a living area and a kitchen with a toaster, food processor and a dishwasher. The third floor has a bedroom and a bathroom with a glass sink, shower stall and towel rack. The brown house has a living area and kitchen on the first level. The second floor has a bedroom and computer desk and the third floor is a drafters office. Instructions available on brickcitydepot.com

6914242689_45f4658582_z.jpg

Canal Street House #3 - Lego Modular Building by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6914243067_07b1f2911d_z.jpg

Canal Street House Top down view by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6914243297_84e44aac12_z.jpg

Canal Street House - Blue house first floor by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6914243367_4c87dff9ee_z.jpg

Canal Street House - Blue house third floor by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6914243435_76157a6912_z.jpg

Canal Street House - Blue house second floor by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6914243531_7b1b3e0bf0_z.jpg

Canal Street House - Brown house third floor by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6914243603_562cb057ca_z.jpg

Canal Street House - Brown house second floor by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6914243767_9452771eba_z.jpg

Canal Street House - Brown house first floor by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6914243877_d9fb0a27d0_z.jpg

Canal Street House #1 - Lego Modular Building by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

You guys never disappoint. This is gorgeous - and as I really appreciate it when builders make room for stairs inside modular buildings, I'm really happy to see that even the narrow one has them. Great packaging!

Loads of other lovely details inside, too - my favourite is actually the way you've attached the computer screens. I haven't thought of doing it that way - and it would look even more real if you bent the pieces slightly, although I completely understand it if people don't want to break their Lego. Oh, and those tiny bathrooms are also brilliant - good job on making the design so compact. Well done.

Very nice houses 'brickcitydepot', the interiors are even more wonderful....I :wub: the office areas....very realistic. :thumbup:

Brick On 'brickcitydepot' ! :classic:

It is sad that people like you cannot build these wonderfull creations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week... It would be nice for us to see new creations from your hand every single day !!

I recognize the Dutch style, also due to the fact that i'm Dutch....;)

Very well done!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Wow, wonderful houses. Great facade. Love the interior. Kitchen is my favorite.

Excellent houses, immediately recogniseable as Amsterdam houses. The difference in width also makes it more realistic. And a nice interior too.

What wonderful buildings! I'm especially inspired by the narrow one and the ways you've given it such a detailed interior. Well done.

These are the buildings I truly adore - slightly simple in design, yet so effective and pleasurable to look at. These are definitely Amsterdam buildings - the colour scheme is :thumbup:

Awesome interior too!

Extremely well done BrickCityDepot!!! If I were rich, I'd buy all your instructions...

This one is so realistic that I cannot look at it without seeing a canal in front...it definitely reminds me my visits in the Netherlands... thanks to details like the little wooden "thing" on top of the buildings used to lift furnitures up to the upper floors..!

Thanks for sharing!

These are beautiful! :blush:

I drew out, and am in the process of, designing (in LDD) a building similar to the dark blue one, but as I'm sure your brother can attest to, there aren't nearly enough peices produced in dark blue! :cry_sad:Mabye we should start a petion in the Ambasabor forum for the next modular building set to be produced in dark blue!. Great job with both buildings. I love your interior, especially in the dark blue home. Great copy machine and drafting table!

Dakar

Edited by Dakar A

Very nice buildings, that narrow brown house looks lovely. Also a good example of a beautiful facade that is not overly complicated or decorated.

Great work BrickCity Depot. Love your creations. Very realistic. One can see himself walking along the canals of Amsterdam. Love your style and the way you make the interiour. Like it has been said before. If i had the money, i would buy all your models. Would look great, an entire street of Buildings from old Damsco.

Again a wonderful creation. And instantly recognisable.

Especially the brown building is amazing especially since you also managed to squeeze the interior in it as well. And I must say that those interiors are beautiful.

great work here!

The design of the houses are quite simple, but there are some nice details here and there which make the whole MOC not as simple than it can be seen at firts and quick time. I like this quind of construction!

The colors work very well together.

I like the fact that the two houses are not in the same wide, that gives a nice realstic feeling.

And it seems that you have put the same worke from outside to inside, with nice furniture and details here too!

They seem to be two very confortable places to live in!