Sign in to follow this  
sealslip3

Flash Speeder MOC

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi all, here's my contribution to the Eurobricks Star Wars Episode I Community Build. It took me forever to decide what to build, but eventually settled on the Naboo Flash Speeder. There are a few spots I'd change if I had the proper bricks, but overall I'm happy with the way it turned out. Let me know what you think!

6912004377_293a66b9fe_z.jpg

6912000587_9ba000be07_z.jpg

A close up of the Naboo Security Officer in his new ride:

6912003179_8a3b33e5e2_z.jpg

6912002135_cbd17c43da_z.jpg

Whoops!

I think the engines are far too blocky and the brace mounting the turret is too high. Other than that it looks good :thumbup:.

I like it, and I think you caught the major features of the speeder pretty well!

I think the engines are far too blocky and the brace mounting the turret is too high. Other than that it looks good :thumbup:.

You may be right, but as he wrote, he simply lacks the proper bricks to make changes that might be otherwise desireable. Besides that, the engines are blocky in shape:

FlashSpeeder_ep1ig.png

Edited by Brickadeer

I totally agree with you on those points- that was the point where I started to run out of bricks :sceptic:

Not bad. The front looks nice and sleek, but I too have to agree with Mr Man that the back is much too blocky. I think the main problem is that it is far too large for minifig scale. I would redo the engines so that they are only one or two bricks high (much like on the official set), remove all the bricks on the spoiler (look how thin it is in Brickadeer's reference image!), and downsize the turret by about 50%. Then it should look great, and you'll even have some bricks left over. :classic:

You may be right, but as he wrote, he simply lacks the proper bricks to make changes that might be otherwise desireable. Besides that, the engines are blocky in shape:

I noticed, but it still needed to be commented on, besides that are blocky but they still curve round the cowlings.

I totally agree with you on those points- that was the point where I started to run out of bricks :sceptic:

Yeah that's a major problem with anything I try build, no bricks.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'm going to make some modifications before the community build deadline comes around.