MadManMingo

Mosaic madness

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I'm still speachless after Sonicstarlights amazing courthouse. But I thought it would be better if started a new tread on this question.

I've seen some impressive mosaics around different creations. Like Sonic's beautifull hall-floor for example.

Mosaik.jpg

But how do you keep them in place? Some small mosaics can be kept in place by Erlings, I get that. But this doesn't seem to bee the case in this picture. Mosaics make some impressive details. But aren't they very allergic to bumps when you move them around? Im a patient man, but I can get really upset if you've spend hours helping kids with Hama ironing pearls, and someone bumps into your arm. Is that the same with cheesecake mosaics or is there any juicy secrets?

Edited by Rufus
indexed

Most of the time the trick is to have the mosaic be a tight fit, the parts get very 'wedged together' for lack of a better term and would require the removal of a retaining wall to make the spill. That was the case with the front of my butchers anyway :D

Woooow!!! Eilonwy77 really knows whats to do with those mosaic's. The answer to my question seems to be "wedging" of the loose tiles.

It's an excellent little beginners guide. I'm definately going to try it out. So all those transparent cheese slopes, that always comes as spare parts can get a purpose.

Woooow!!! Eilonwy77 really knows whats to do with those mosaic's. The answer to my question seems to be "wedging" of the loose tiles.

It's an excellent little beginners guide. I'm definately going to try it out. So all those transparent cheese slopes, that always comes as spare parts can get a purpose.

Yes, it's all about wedging them in. It takes some effort and patience to find the right frame to hold the pieces into place. As you practice, you get better at figuring out which way to twist and turn them to make it fit the best. A lot of the smaller mosaics can be held upside down with nothing falling out, if you do it right. Almost all of them will stand up to being held at a 90 degree angle, like for a wall. I did write that basic guide, as was linked to above. I'm happy to help anyone who needs assistance with things. ;-)

Here's my set of basic cheese slope mosaics:

Katie

http://www.flickr.com/eilonwy77

You've GOT to be kidding!!! How is this possible?

Mosaik02.jpg

Very impressive little niche you've got there :wink:

It takes some effort and patience to find the right frame to hold the pieces into place.

I recon that :wink: Did your little excercise today

IMAG1711.jpg

But I need practising on my wedging if it should pass the upside-down test :wink:

IMAG1712.jpg

Ha ha. ;-D Occasionally, you do get a stubborn piece or two that insists on falling out. Just don't try the upside-down test over a garbage can. ;-)

Also, regarding the first picture, I've got a better way now to fill in the smaller sections, as can be seen here:

6277803737_0923a82ec2.jpg

;-D

Katie

I have to try that beginners guide! Need to buy the pieces. :thumbup:

If you've got a few police-vehicles you're already there :wink: There's always ekstra cheese for the hungry :sweet: