sonicstarlight

MOC: Bricklyn Borough Courthouse

I just saw this on CUUSOO last night and voted for it, very nice. If you had to estimate, how many pieces would this be compared to a regular modular set?

Probably about three times, and that might be low. It's more than twice the footprint of any official set, and while the bulk of it is lower than usual it still uses a lot of pieces. Every interior surface is tiled over, not to mention all the furniture (I just added a few more shots to the original post) makes this very piece heavy. I guestimated it at 7,500 before, but it wouldn't shock me if it were even another 1,000 on top of that.

I hate to bump old topics, but this model just went in the window at the LEGO Store in Rockefeller Center where is should remain through July should anyone in the NYC area want to check it out.

7419219424_3f933982aa.jpg

I hate to bump old topics, but this model just went in the window at the LEGO Store in Rockefeller Center where is should remain through July should anyone in the NYC area want to check it out.

Now that's a great reason to bump a topic. :thumbup:

Congratz on having your model displayed! :classic:

Congrats on having your design display in an actual Lego store 'sonicstarlight' :excited: .....though you never know who will take a close look at it ? :devil:

wow...my favorite parts of this are the cheese wedge floors and the dome on the roof.

I saw this yesterday in the Rockefeller Center store....OH MY!! IT is magnificent!!!

@sonicstarlight I know the building of reference as I went to St Francis College so was always around that building. great work!!

This is truly awesome !

There are such great details and certainly many building skills.

The interior details are so cool (especially the water distributor : what an ingenious idea !)

Good job, keep being so creative.

Absolutely fantastic! The exterior is stunning but it's the interior that really blows me away... Love the hexagonal tiles (very clever!) and the various bits of furniture.... Excellent stuff!

Beautiful. I love it. Especially that hexagonal floor pattern on the 1st floor. Everything is simply breathtaking. Job well done!