Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Angel

Dallaenus Plants the Oak of Moruth

3250 Years ago

The Elves believe the the Drow are now extinct. The Elven Lord Dallaenus embarks upon a survey of this new land. His journey will span the better part of 30 years, and his wanderings will take him throughout the continent of Historica.

Dallaenus has brought with him acorns from the Ancient Oak of Kadra Duhl. He has been planting them throughout Historica to provide clan trees as the Elves spread Eastward on this new continent. The outbreak of war against the Drow will prevent this from ever happening, but the trees will eventually provide refuges for the Elves.

During this journey, Dallaenus travels through the lands of present day Nocturnus. Portions of the present-day swampland of Moruth have not yet been flooded, and are still covered in hardwood savannah. Dallaenus happens upon a small meadow of white flowers with a snowy owl watching from a nearby tree. Dallaenus sees this as an omen, since White and Green are the colors of his banner, and the owl is the sigil of his line. The soil is favorable, so Dallaenus plants one of the acorns.

This seed will grow to become the Great Oak of the Swamps. It will serve as a bastion for the Elves during the war with the Drow, and will eventually be used as an Embassy with the residents of Nocturnus.

plant_oak_1_-_lr.jpg

plant_oak_2_-_lr.jpg

plant_oak_3_-_lr.jpg

plant_oak_4_-_lr.jpg

Nice moc, I especially love the base and the use of green flags for foliage, I always thought about that. The landscape is really well done and the story is great too :thumbup:

Nicely done with a well written back story! Another great addition to our history, great that you are doing these scenes.

great stuff here, I also like the story and the build. So simple yet such a great effect! I also think that it's really cool how this moc connects to your embassy moc!

Lovely bit of backstory to your excellent embassy. I like the base too, the repeating pattern looks very effective! :thumbup: