Maxim I

Eastern Archery Tournament in Mpya Stedor

Greetings lord and honored Host DaMaximus!

archer1.jpg

My Master Hog's-Eye is practicing on the pitch as we speak. Oh Good, he's doing well.

I've Posted some pictures of him here http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=498960 (this folder should be public saturday) Feel free to use them for the archery contest. I may upload some more pictures later. If I may humbly suggest, perhaps the other competitors could also donate some pictures for promoting the contest.

Great job!! :thumbup::laugh:

To be honest, I am in a really busy period, but that will be over in 10 days (big project for college, but 2 of my 5 partners dropped out, so now we have to do all their work too + driving school), so after that I'll update everything again and promote it further :classic:

The Elven Rangers of the Rustling Leaves Clan are eager to witness the talents of the Historica Archers. They, however, will not be entering a contestant, as they have no need to prove their skills, and do not wish to flaunt their prowess.

6968271825_9ce8a7d27e.jpg

The Elven Rangers of the Rustling Leaves Clan are eager to witness the talents of the Historica Archers. They, however, will not be entering a contestant, as they have no need to prove their skills, and do not wish to flaunt their prowess.

6968271825_9ce8a7d27e.jpg

Hmm too bad, my elite archers were looking forward to match their skills with them...

While waiting for the contest to begin, some of the archers went out for a freindly drink. DaMaximus, do you know the name of this bar? It is in your city so perhaps you should name it.

archer9.jpg

Then Hog's-Eye got a little to exumberant.

archer14.jpg

Fortunatelly the other contestants worked together to subdue the troll.

archer19.jpg

This was my first time shooting in daylight. The light is better, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle of working with the wind!

I, Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia am sending Drinian, the leader of my archers to compete in the Archery Tournament at Mpya Stedor.

He is accompanied by his squire.

6881332382_5a89e6a820.jpg

:laugh:

great Story Jareth :thumbup:

Seriously! Brilliant scene. :classic:

My Lords and Ladies, Ibrahim travels now to the City gates, picking off seagulls at a mile distance, for practice.

7034036501_1dd1fc3d0c.jpg

:classic:

The Drow send Ariana Thunderbow, a halfbreed from the peaks of the Rakath mountain

tariana-thunderbowbig.jpg

Edited by Angeli

Representing the Countship of Kandarvale and the Tribe of Ezyla, the half-orc archer prodigy Ylda.

7052097551_b800400d36_z.jpg

01 by BattleGorilla, on Flickr

The Lady Ildis "Ylda" DeSet

7052097613_0011e87384_z.jpg

02 by BattleGorilla, on Flickr

Here we see her at practice. Bored with targets and dummies, she prepares to shoot an apple off of Thuk's head.

Great to see such a nice bunch of participants in my city!!!!

To everyone else: in 23 hours the gates closes and the last participant has to be in the city by then, so you got still 23 hours!

The festival starts today with the first part to determine who of my elite guards will represent Mpya Stedor! Also here you'll see how it works.

Tomorrow (Easter Monday) will be the second round where your heroes will aim for the title of "Legendary Archer of Mpya Stedor", 50 Gold for the Guild of the winner & 15 Euro for the winner himself!

(the price is cash as I really don't know what to give else :laugh: I thought about goldchromed armour and weapons (by Chromebricks), but then again I think the winner will be much more happy when he can choose what to buy with it :classic: )

Grtz Lord Damaximus

(the price is cash as I really don't know what to give else :laugh: I thought about goldchromed armour and weapons (by Chromebricks), but then again I think the winner will be much more happy when he can choose what to buy with it :classic: )

Maybe a gift was not such a bad idea, sending money could make some law-like problems, while sending few plastic parts would not (just a thought)

You could pick few chrome items from that firm and ship it, or, with communication with the winner, HE (she) could choose, and you would arrange paying :)

Maybe easier solution, which covers everything :)

Kutanii Arfelan, from the Explorers of Albion, is sent to participate on this tournament.

A mounted archer, his skills are to be tested as he is very young still.

kutani.jpg

The brothers Haar and Valter flipped a coin and Valter (the right one) won. He gets to be the ambassador of the Elite Archer Squad of Mitgardia. (If I'm not to late to enter?)

6964387841_90e4fd84d8.jpg

Elite archers by JBlaze1989, on Flickr

And I would also suggest to just send a specific armor set or something. The winner should appreciate it and should be happy to recieve something in my opinion.

Maybe a gift was not such a bad idea, sending money could make some law-like problems, while sending few plastic parts would not (just a thought)

You could pick few chrome items from that firm and ship it, or, with communication with the winner, HE (she) could choose, and you would arrange paying :)

Maybe easier solution, which covers everything :)

You got a point there :p

So the price is: shopping at Bricklink for a total of 10 Euro! (and I pay sending costs too so the total will be around 15)

To everybody: it was quite a surprise for me that just today my parents were celebrating their marriagebirthday (or how do you call it?) ... :angry: So no time for me to do the stuff I planned to do.

In other words: everything has moved a day! New deadline is in 26 hours!

edit: loool, post number 333 :laugh:

Edited by DaMaximus

6912057920_02b92cf702_o.jpg

Arwald sends Vlan, expert archer. Who is the brother of Urlan.

To everybody: it was quite a surprise for me that just today my parents were celebrating their marriagebirthday (or how do you call it?) ... :angry: So no time for me to do the stuff I planned to do.

That would be an anniversary.

So the price is: shopping at Bricklink for 15 Euro! (wooohooow!)

:oh:

I don't know any other community, who is so generously as you here.

Thank you so much

Well, we just got back from vacation, and I see that I might have missed the entry for the tournament! Still the 8th here in California, so maybe it's still OK. If not, we'll just be spectators.

May I present our contestant, my wife, Countess Wyndifera Ed-Wardhi Marmota? Don't be fooled by the pretty face and the fancy clothes; she's a crack shot with that longbow! Growing up in the Spice Islands, she spent her childhood shooting sugar-weebies as they flitted from palm tree to palm tree. She was also the first one since Waddatiki the Great to put five arrows through the hollow eye of the Idol of Wanahokalugi before a tossed coconut hit the ground. We met when she shot through the eye a cyclops that had me pinned after a smuggling run gone bad. A clean shot right through the pupil at over 300 meters! I fell in love at first shot. She still practices regularly, and keeps up to date with the latest developments. She's sporting a homemade composite bow fashioned out of five layers of alternating dragon rib and basilisk scale, for the ultimate in compression and instant release.

6913594080_ecc70f47bb_z.jpg

My fellow Lords and Ladies,

After careful consideration, we have decided to send Sergeant F. Chu of the Qarkyr Elite archers to the tournament, back here, he is holder of two prestigious awards, one being the archer with the best aim and hand, the other being the owner of the best moustache in the area.

Sincerely,

Lord Shale.

6914231082_9cf539d575.jpg

Well, we just got back from vacation, and I see that I might have missed the entry for the tournament! Still the 8th here in California, so maybe it's still OK. If not, we'll just be spectators.

6913594080_ecc70f47bb_z.jpg

Is this toiletpaper in background :laugh::laugh: