lightningtiger

MOC - 1950's Australian Suburban Street

^ then its not going to end soon!

and thats a good thing! :thumbup::tongue:

No, not any time soon.....more buildings to be built.....call it a madness ! :laugh:

Keep watching ! :wink:

Edit - sticker the Rockmans store.wip_rockmans_98.jpg

Edited by lightningtiger

I like it! I have a love of pictures of old shops and houses and such, This looks like an awesome build compared with the picture you posted, Will there be interiors when your next shops are done?

Thanks 'Miller' for your comments :classic: and the frock shop will have dresses in them.....I have to custom design them, no mean feat that will be ! :oh3:

Thanks also to 'PaulBaldowski' for your comment :classic: , though it might be more like your parents or grandparents who would remember streets looking like this....actually the milk bar and Coles Store are based around those found in Victoria....where as the frock shop is from South Australia....well, I did say Australian didn't I ? :wink:

I won't be working on this MOC until later today.....promised the wife I would do some housework first. :blush:

Hi lightningtiger,

This is some fantastic work. Please keep it up. I check this specific thread at least twice a day looking for additions.

I am looking forward to the addition of the Tram.

One question once all your buildings are in will you be adding houses to mark the end of your "CBD" and start of your suburbs?

Mo

Hi lightningtiger,

This is some fantastic work. Please keep it up. I check this specific thread at least twice a day looking for additions.

I am looking forward to the addition of the Tram.

One question once all your buildings are in will you be adding houses to mark the end of your "CBD" and start of your suburbs?

Mo

Thanks 'mo_' for your comments, the tram will be back on the design board next week....need more money to make it and to continue the track/road/pavement.

Keep watching......any questions, suggestions, etc., feel free to say. :classic:

No worries mate,

Good to hear about progress on the tram. I hear that when it comes to money, like my grand dad always says we have a hole in our hand and the money goes right through...

I'm in no position to suggest only appreciate.

Have a good long weekend.

Mo

Thanks 'Miller' for your comments :classic: and the frock shop will have dresses in them.....I have to custom design them, no mean feat that will be ! :oh3:

Thanks also to 'PaulBaldowski' for your comment :classic: , though it might be more like your parents or grandparents who would remember streets looking like this....actually the milk bar and Coles Store are based around those found in Victoria....where as the frock shop is from South Australia....well, I did say Australian didn't I ? :wink:

I won't be working on this MOC until later today.....promised the wife I would do some housework first. :blush:

Showed my wife and she loved it. She wasn't so keen on my suggesting she might remember an Australian street scene from the 1950s!

Thanks for the comments 'mo_' and 'Paul', I didn't think your wife would remember such things......I hope you didn't have to spend time in the dog house over it ? :wink:

Sadly due to work being slow :sadnew: last week progress is going to be slow, but I hope to have this section of street completed by next weekend. :blush:

The street is coming along nicely, I now look for the lightningtiger name awaiting more great.builds :D

I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times, but I'd like to know.

What do you use for your stickers? Just regular sticker paper, or something else?

Thanks.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times, but I'd like to know.

What do you use for your stickers? Just regular sticker paper, or something else?

Thanks.

I don't mind how many times I'm asked, photo sticker page....size 4"x6" and gloss too ! :classic:

A good ink jet printer and down load images off the net, then edit them in MS Paint.....also practice, practice makes perfect.

Actually it has taken me three years to get to this level of designing stickers.

I hope that answers your question. :classic:

I don't mind how many times I'm asked, photo sticker page....size 4"x6" and gloss too ! :classic:

A good ink jet printer and down load images off the net, then edit them in MS Paint.....also practice, practice makes perfect.

Actually it has taken me three years to get to this level of designing stickers.

I hope that answers your question. :classic:

It does answer my question, thank you! I'm going to have to try this.

Another question, do you have any problems getting the stickers OFF of the bricks afterwards? Or do they come off easily?

Another question, do you have any problems getting the stickers OFF of the bricks afterwards? Or do they come off easily?

Now that is more of pain than a problem, I use window cleaner and some toothpaste....true it does work, don't forget to wash off the toothpaste. :wink:

Now that is more of pain than a problem, I use window cleaner and some toothpaste....true it does work, don't forget to wash off the toothpaste. :wink:

Haha thanks! And then you can have minty-fresh Lego bricks! :laugh: