forumreader

Rumors and speculation: Haunted House Modular

Whoa, I missed this! I really hope this is real. A LEGO haunted house would be fantastic... It doesn't look like a MF tie-in to me, though, since I don't see any Fighters vehicles. All the better.

I also think it's extraordinarily large for a D2C set for a 1-2 year theme.

It does look significantly bigger than Winter Village sets too. To me that would suggest a one-off set rather than start of a series. It could be around for three or even four Halloweens anyway.

One interesting question is whether the set would include other minifigs than the two ghosts visible? Even if the set turns out to be a Monster Fighters exclusive in name, I find it hard to picture any of the heroes included. They are quite silly, after all.

This is the most exciting news I have seen in a long time - gosh, that house is stunning *oh2*

Maybe it's wishful thinking but I'm betting on the new exclusive seasonal line around halloween - in the same spirit as the winter village line, 1 set/year. It's more flexible than the modulars and it allows for a greater variety of builds as the sets are done around a theme and not a specific format.

One element in favor of the idea is that LEGO already gives a special consideration to Halloween with the small seasonal sets - just like Christmas.

^ This is what I also think. It's a great idea if LEGO does do this, I love Halloween and not just because it's my birthday. :tongue:

We've got one small blurry picture of the set, and I'm already in love with it. I'm really hoping it's a stand alone exclusive set. I can't see it being part of a Halloween theme like some are saying, but it doesn't really matter.

This is one beautiful looking set, and I can hardly wait for more pictures/ news! :tongue:

Seems like there is more excitement being generated on this haunted manor than the intended official release, the Town Hall.

You could easily MOD that onto a 32x32 plate and put it at the end of your street in your modular town or city. Maybe a 16x32 cemetery spacing it away from other buildings.

It also looks similar to my old haunted mansions I did back in 2009/2010. Except I didn't have any black roof slopes at the time.

2788192300101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

2323256220101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

Wow, I think it like it. I hope we get more info soon, I may skip the vampire castle in favor of this.

It also looks similar to my old haunted mansions I did back in 2009/2010. Except I didn't have any black roof slopes at the time.

It also looks similar to an Arkham Asylum I made on LDD a couple months ago. That's why I want it. :grin:

Seems like there is more excitement being generated on this haunted manor than the intended official release, the Town Hall.

Buzz around this revelation is quite understandable considering that we've had plenty of info and pictures of the Town Hall to hyperventilate about for a good while now, but this is the first hint that a set such as the haunted house might be up for release at all, let alone there's a blurry picture too. Besides, there's 58 posts in this thread and 106 in the Town Hall official press release thread. :wink:

Someone pointed out that it has a detailed side.

I was thinking this could be a modular corner building.

In any case it looks like it might be good enough to buy for me!

Someone pointed out that it has a detailed side.

I was thinking this could be a modular corner building.

In any case it looks like it might be good enough to buy for me!

Forget the town hall... I'm waiting for this!!!!

Modular doesn't *have* to be attached on the sides. The 'scary house down the street' is a staple of many small towns and being detached could work well

And aren't these designer videos usually limited to higher end sets?

I think it looks fantastic. I hope its a modular series just so I know the detail will be there. If its just a large monsters set they might just go for scale without the intricacy that modular is known for.

And if it isn't modular, hopefully Lego have enough sense for any large buildings to at least be 'modular scale'

Good points here.

Yeah seriously, why does it matter if it is a part of Monster Fighters? I mean will it make the sales drop just because it is a new theme?

Chances are high that it'd be an exclusive from Monster Fighters.

As said above, I don't think people are saying Modular as opposed to Monster Fighters is the level of detail between the two. Of course, MMV is an exception to the rule. I don't care what theme they put it under, I just want a great detailed building.

Buzz around this revelation is quite understandable considering that we've had plenty of info and pictures of the Town Hall to hyperventilate about for a good while now, but this is the first hint that a set such as the haunted house might be up for release at all, let alone there's a blurry picture too. Besides, there's 58 posts in this thread and 106 in the Town Hall official press release thread. :wink:

That's because, even if it's a blurry pic, you can see the haunted house got the right proportions and and a architecture style that looks real which is appealing - Town Hall don't. First, Town Hall should have been stand alone, but if not it should at least look like a real house! Since the first pics I try to like it, but I can't. The haunted is on the other hand an instant buy.

Could we agree it doesn't matter which genre it will be released in! It's not like cheating on your wife if you buy something from a theme you weren't planing to. Who cares! It's Lego, that's good enough for me. :classic:

I can't imagine this being apart of the Modular series. It may be a modular build, but I imagine this is just a standalone exclusive like the Volkswagen Camper and such sets. It would be cool if they would do a Halloween-themed set each year a la Winter Village, but if Monster Fighters is just a one year theme I'd imagine this is just a one time thing.

I think Lego is quite satisfied so far with the impact that set do. :D If they are checking forums of course.

I suppose it's quite possible that they leaked this on purpose, just to test the water.... ;)

Just thought I'd share this, but the Town Hall has been reuploaded, and the two scenes have been..um..stretched, or resized, so the two sets aren't shown.

-Sci

Just thought I'd share this, but the Town Hall has been reuploaded, and the two scenes have been..um..stretched, or resized, so the two sets aren't shown.

-Sci

Good catch on that. Must have seen all the hype about the haunted house and R2D2 so they edited the video.

I really hope they release this. However, it looks expensive and with a few of the other sets I plan to buy I am going to be really poor this year.

I really hope they release this. However, it looks expensive and with a few of the other sets I plan to buy I am going to be really poor this year.

Well, have no fear. We don't know when/if this will ever see the light of day. Just keep saving some money, just in case that day does come. :wink:

I like what I see. It looks like a really nice and detailed building with lots of interesting and useful pieces. Good opportunity to get the new ghosts as well. :thumbup:

Looking forward to more news later on this year.

Modular doesn't *have* to be attached on the sides. The 'scary house down the street' is a staple of many small towns and being detached could work well

Every town has one. :classic:

-Sci

Good thing people took screen captures of the subject in question. Not sure why Lego even bothers. It's not like the pic is not out there on many computers around the world. I wonder if the people who approved the video for release got in trouble, or perhaps it was on purpose?

Edited by sharky

I wonder if the people who approved the video for release got in trouble, or perhaps it was on purpose?

Man I really hope they didn't get in trouble, I like to think they did it on purpose as any editing work is really precisise (you see each frame) so any editor worth anything would know they were releasing that shot and that the image would be spotted, its just too obvious to be an accident.

its an interesting way to build hype if you ask me :thumbup: