Bonaparte

10224 Town Hall

Sorry to start a bank drivethru debate, I thought they were more common than they are I guess. Still would be cool though, especially if you could make the tube work. Didn't Power Miners, or something like that years back have a pneumatic device?

the focus on her looks is disrespectful in my opinion

You’re quite right, most remiss of me. I should also have mentioned her charming voice and engaging presentation manner. Better? :laugh:(joke)

Anyway... doesn’t this leave the recent 10230 Mini Modulars set somewhat lacking? Though I note that Lego describe that set as a representation of “the first 5 buildings in the Modular Building series” – so, here’s to Mini Modulars 2.

Who’ll be first to make an 8×8 version?!

The video is nice, and Astrid presents it well. It's nice to see a designer other than Jamie as the chief set designer for a modular building, as it demonstrates how his work has not only inspired AFOLs, but has also served to inspire his peers in the design department!

The 360 degree spin on the Shop page really makes it look impressive-- not that it didn't already! The large brick-built doors, stylish skylights, and columns are of course all brilliant, but there's a lot to be said even for the arrangement of the bricks on its plain sides and relatively plain back! I definitely look forward to this set!

I can't wait to get my hands on this set and start working on redesigning the elevator, making it an enclosed cart. I bet we'll see more of this elevator technique in the future, mainly in MODs. Though it would be nice if we got it in other official sets as well.

Has this actually increased in price over the last modulars? as when i login to lego site, it has it at $249.99 and i have my region as australia. Seems to me its actually cheaper than last few, or they arnt marking it up as much for other regions.

Has this actually increased in price over the last modulars? as when i login to lego site, it has it at $249.99 and i have my region as australia. Seems to me its actually cheaper than last few, or they arnt marking it up as much for other regions.

Yes. In Canada, for example, the previous modulars are $199.99, and the Town Hall is $249.99.

Yes, In New Zealand last modulars were $NZ 300, Town Hall is going to be $NZ 360. :cry_sad:

For those of you who have only ever seen stand-alone town hall buildings, this is the old hall (called "Latshaw Hall") built in 1880 in my town, Royersford, Pennsylvania, USA. The side facing the white van is its front and the building is in direct contact with its neighbors. It even originally had a clock tower just above the curved corner and is now used as an apartment building with a small store on the ground floor. Our current town hall is another large building on a corner (formerly a bank).

post-9132-132954120379.jpg

Edited by VeganGuy

That's part of what most banks around here offer, but most also have lanes with pneumatic tubes and tellers who service strictly people in the drive up lanes, for example:

Aren't these found everywhere in the US? Or is it mostly used in areas where we get a lot of cold and snow?

As for the Town Hall, I haven't purchased any of the modulars yet, the $149 price tag is just a bit higher than I'm comfortable spending on a LEGO set, although I must admit I've been tempted a few times by the fire station. It will be interesting to see how the higher $200 price tag will go over with LEGO fans like me who were hesitant at the $149 price, the new higher price makes it much easier for me to pass on this set, even though it is beautiful and it's a good value for the number of pieces you get.

I'll still be buying this because I just can't resist this theme. I have only ever paid more than the current price twice. I bought(at separate times) 10195 which was $250. After getting the set each time, I had a little bout of doubt on buying it. It nags at me a bit of spending that much on one thing. I've avoided the UCS stuff for simply that fact. I'd love to have the SSD, but just can't bring myself to pay the price.

I'm really charmed by this amazing set and by the designer :tongue:

Fortunately I get no girlfriend or I would've been floged a lot if caught watching this video :laugh:

The price is good for such a set, the design looks perfect to me, particularly the clock and the roman-styled columns.

I think I should have been difficult to creat a "generic" town hall, as they vary a lot between regions and architecture. In the city where I live we get a post-modern one with plenty of space, very large tinted windows, cubic design and fine materials (my city is only 50 years old yet, not an old-european-styled one).

The color choice is wise too, as this dark orange is esthetic on a basement, and an interesting color in general, such like the dark blue, dark red, sand green and dark tan.

The minifigs are a good representative choice, particularly the hairstyles. Torso printings are also nicely done.

I would have appreciated to see the main entrance doors in action however, as it seems massive. We do not see the bell on top of the building too.

And now, show us the video of the Manor we see in the beginning of this press release, which seems to be very interesting :laugh:

It's not out yet! March 1st.

Yes but I checked the US LEGO S@H, and the "Sorry, item is not available in this country" wasn't there.

Just a website glitch I presume.

All modulars in one line (including 10224 default_wubnew.gif )

HERE

By: Galerie de Eiker86 (435)

Wow they look amazing together. Market Street is missing though, but some don't consider it as part of the line.

I'm not that keen on Town Hall as a stand alone building, it didn't take my breath away like CC or GG, but I'll have to buy it to keep the street going

Wow they look amazing together. Market Street is missing though, but some don't consider it as part of the line.

I'm not that keen on Town Hall as a stand alone building, it didn't take my breath away like CC or GG, but I'll have to buy it to keep the street going

Market street is behind the GE