LegoMyMamma

MOC: HeartLake City Fire Station

indexed.gif B-PV-4D gallery_15845_212_1480.png

City Park Cafe owner, Marie, is also the City Fire Chief at the HeartLake City Fire Station.

She has loads of management skills from running a cafe.

Friends decided to use the same builder as the cafe too.

The rotating light beacon on the roof can send a shining signal clear across Heartlake City and its Lake!

This way, all residents know to pitch in and help battle a fire or any other emergency.

Near the fire truck's garage door, there is a siren and loudspeaker.

It's an all-volunteer force here.

The fire station holds regular meetings to keep equipment and procedures up-to-date.

Here are some photos of a recent meeting:

6883468793_d4b07fdfae.jpg

Andrea inspects the water-cannons on the fire truck. They need to be ready & full of water!

6883449747_6cf290e853.jpg

Fire Chef Mike grills lunch for his Friends as Andrea greets Fire Chief Marie. Fire Station entry is secured with a keypad entry lock.

6883439393_f6f33e3d8a.jpg

More Friends begin arriving for the regular safety meeting. Emma checks on the Garden Archway she designed. Stephanie & Olivia enjoy the garden on their way. It's important to have greenspace in any City!

6883415189_632d78f9e0.jpg

The HeartLake City Fire Truck is driven out to the front of the station. Fire Chief Marie goes over a checklist for the fire truck to be ready at all times.

6883409023_58ce60d8e0.jpg

While relaxing in the HeartLake City Fire Station Garden after their meeting, Chef Mike cleans up a pie he accidentally dropped. Stephanie's puppy doesn't seem to mind :laugh:

I hope my creation will spark your imagination and change the way you think of brick manipulation as very hardy play for girls to build science, technology, engineering and mathematical skills. Real girls build friendships frequently. Re-building LEGO sets is is just part of the equation: because pig tails can un-curl and any set can be powered by a girl's inspiration from the world around her!

Additional interior photos in the set on Flickr

This MOC was built with only the Friends City Park Cafe, steering wheel from Stephanie's Convertible (the windshield comes in the Cafe set as the glass for the baked goods case), plus wheels and green baseplate from a Pink brick box.

What are you building with your Friends?

Edited by Pandora

Hey, you had a good idea, but it is enough to know who is in town professional firefighter. I am the professional.

where your car has a water cannon? I see only two fire extinguishers, convertible had larger wheels, you have a smaller.

Regards Director of Regional Professional Fire Brigade :laugh:

Hey, you had a good idea, but it is enough to know who is in town professional firefighter. I am the professional.

where your car has a water cannon? I see only two fire extinguishers, convertible had larger wheels, you have a smaller.

Regards Director of Regional Professional Fire Brigade :laugh:

It's about using LEGO sets with imagination, and I've restricted myself to only the Friends City Cafe set and a few other pieces, as I've mentioned. The wheels are indeed from a Pink brick box, I must have had them grouped on the table with the yellow steering wheel console (which is from Stephanie's Convertible) as I was building with actual bricks in my hands. I can correct that portion of description to make you happy. So many pieces were on the table when opening the Cafe -- the set is more complex than some people realize. The instructions are 55 pages.

Oh, I did use Steph's Convertible wheels on my Batmobile though :classic:

My point is that I restricted myself to parts from only 3 sources. This is to demonstrate if a girl buys the Cafe and one small Friends set, and has a pink box, she can still build a lot of creations! It isn't meant to be any official fire station in real life.

The water cannons are on each side of the fire truck with nozzles attached, which are controlled by levers on the dashboard. They are fed by water tanks underneath the chassis.

Fire extinguishers in the USA don't have glass containers to hold the liquid; they are metal and usually painted red.

I'm glad you enjoy being a fire fighter. LEGO is about interpretation of functioning objects as re-created using bricks. I'm not really sure of your comment's intentions, other than to correct me. Are you saying that you are the only fan in the Town forum allowed to build fire-related MOCs?

I will continue building in this fashion and may even add a helipad to the roof. Helicopters are something I do know a bit about :wink:

Also, this creation is partially in response to an anti-Friends commentary I read about 2 weeks ago, which said Heartlake City couldn't battle their own fires. I only just got the Cafe set a few days ago (it was sold out at the first store I went to buy it). I had to find time to build and then upload the photographs.

Thanks for viewing my creation.

Your Friends Moc is volunteer, my Moc is Profesional. That's all.

Are you saying that you are the only fan in the Town forum allowed to build fire-related MOCs?

No, I did not say anything like that. I just said that I am a professional firefighter, when you're volunteering firewomen.

Edited by EM4CZ

No, I did not say anything like that. I just said that I am a professional firefighter, when you're volunteering firewomen.

I could be taking your comments too seriously, but please don't take fun MOCs so seriously, it takes the fun out of them... Seriously. Not fun.

And that makes what difference precisely? :hmpf_bad:

LegoMyMamma - this MOC put a smile on my face :classic: I guess Friends opens a whole new dimension to MOCcing, keep it up!

And that makes what difference precisely? :hmpf_bad:

Yes, she does it voluntarily, as I get paid for fighting fires, it's my job.

Nice one 'LegoMyMamma', though I feel if you take the convertable set....added red to it plus some gear it would be a better fire vehicle....your current fire vehicle looks like it was designed in Lego TownJr workshops. :laugh:

Keep your work coming, it's a pleasure checking out the very latest in your Friend's world. :classic:

Brick On 'LegoMyMamma' ! :classic:

Hurm, I need to build that Friends MOC I have been planning, I am afraid I was distracted by racing cars....

This is a cool MOC, I really do need to get more sets in this theme.

It's great that the vast majority of pieces come from the same set. How I wish lego still had the alternative builds on the box. Stuff like this is what I encourage my kids to do, though it isn't always easy to keep sets separate from the other bits and they "cheat" :laugh:

LegoMyMamma - this MOC put a smile on my face :classic: I guess Friends opens a whole new dimension to MOCcing, keep it up!

Your smile is a great compliment to me - thanks :classic:

--

To: lightningtiger: Yeah, I initially did pull parts from Stephanie's Convertible, except after building the station, it only had room for a 2-wide vehicle in the garage. Now that I'm almost through with my self-imposed building challenges, I may build a fire truck from the convertible. So many scenes to make friendly, so little time :laugh:

--

To: Peppermint_M: Thanks & yes, you do! Danica Patrick perhaps :wink:

--

To: surrideo: Yes, encouraging kids to re-build is a great idea -- even if boxes don't have images of alt-builds :sweet:

--

To: Mr Copperhead: I'm glad you enjoyed it -- the sets are more complex than they have been given credit for recently :sad:

The mid-size sets especially like the Cafe (instructions are 55 pages) are very re-buildable :wub:

As an actual firefighter in real life, I don't see why any of the professional vs volunteer should matter when it comes down to it, we all do the same job. Volunteers often do it much harder with much less.

Was this built and the pic taken to be sent into the Lego Club magazine? Sorry but it looks like something you see on the pages of where "models" are sent in.

As an actual firefighter in real life, I don't see why any of the professional vs volunteer should matter when it comes down to it, we all do the same job. Volunteers often do it much harder with much less.

:wink:

Was this built and the pic taken to be sent into the Lego Club magazine? Sorry but it looks like something you see on the pages of where "models" are sent in.

Am not really understanding your question. It was built with only the City Park Cafe pieces (literally every single one, heh) and only a steering column from Steph's convertible, and only wheels from a bucket. It's a demonstration as to a possible alternate model girls (and boys) could build if they are new to LEGO and received this set. Does it look like the City Park Cafe?

Initial catalyst for this build was as a counter to misrepresentation that the Cafe is "pre-fab" and simplistic. Now that Friends sets have 'sold out' at many stores, the point is a bit moot :sweet: