Sign in to follow this  
StoutFiles

UCS Flick Fire Missile

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

People often ask me what I think is the best part of a new set. Is it the new and improved minifigures? The collection of parts? The fun and exciting build? No! It's the need to launch missiles from everything with my fingers. And TLG is listening to the consumer and giving us flick overload to the delight of everyone.

flick1.png

flick2.png

flick3.png

flick4.png

Clearly the flick fire missile is the champion of the Star Wars sets...and it's time TLG recognizes it by building us a UCS flick fire set!

flick5.png

This is only 203 pieces though. Hopefully when TLG makes it they go bigger, I want it to dominate my Star Wars display! Feel free to comment on your love for the flick fire missile.

Brilliant. Hey, you know the upcoming LOTR Weathertop set has flick fire missiles? Soooper! :hmpf:

This is, hands down, one of the funniest LEGO-related things I have seen on the internet. Please, for the love of god, make more of these. (Also put it on CUUSOO :tongue: )

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

This is officialy the most hilarious MOC I have ever seen!

Oh, did I mention:

And I assume you were sarcastic saying that Hoth Echo Base's Flickfires were Movie Accurate? :wacko:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:rofl: :rofl:

Perfect...just perfect!

:rofl: :rofl:

This is officialy the most hilarious MOC I have ever seen!

Oh, did I mention:

And I assume you were sarcastic saying that Hoth Echo Base's Flickfires were Movie Accurate? :wacko:

In the interest of mitigating the ramifications of my poor example (:grin:) allow me to ask you all what it is that you find at fault with flick-fire missiles. When I brought this up on FBTB some time back, one member actually argued the case that flick-fires can in fact be seen as evidence for sets improving over time (by including more play features, I suppose)... writing off the influx of negative feedback on these boards as contempt inevitable in adults' purchasing kids' toys. In fact, I've actually become rather tolerant of the idea over the years, provided the missiles aren't obviously shoehorned in (as in the case of the tree) and don't stand in for key armament (let's not forget this :laugh:).

I really think this should be presented to Cuusoo as a valid entry for production! Brilliant work. I would put the falling on the floor laughing emoticon but it might be redundant at this point. (I did get quite the chuckle at work though)

Hey! I remember this! :sweet: Didn't you post this idea in Future Star Wars Sets once?

In any case, I'll go with everyone else and ' :roflmao: '.

Your next MOC should be a UCS version of the flick fire snakes that were recently introduced to Ninjago.

Oh, this creation just oozes with cynicism, and it is no surprise that our old friend StoutFiles is behind it. :tongue:

Nice work though. It really looks accurate. :grin: A good follow-up MOC would be a UCS catapult. After all, the only thing more fun, more awesome, and more life-fulfilling than flicking missiles is flinging stuff in the air, and TLG knows it! :laugh_hard:

Seriously though, I gotta agree with Fallenangel here. While I wasn't a fan of the flick-fires at first, I have gotten used to them, and as long as the missiles don't take away from the aesthetics of a set or get in the way otherwise, I don't mind them. For kids, they provide more play value than they would if they weren't there, and playability is what a toy is all about. The best thing about it is that it is a building toy, so if you don't like them, you can just take them out.

Seriously though, I gotta agree with Fallenangel here. While I wasn't a fan of the flick-fires at first, I have gotten used to them, and as long as the missiles don't take away from the aesthetics of a set or get in the way otherwise, I don't mind them.

I agree with both of you. I don't mind them or really care about them, I just go with it.

Meanwhile... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I nearly fell from my chair laughing when I saw this thread this morning. Well done! :laugh: But if this was a real set, I bet LEGO would put a bunch of small flickfire missiles on top of it.

In the interest of mitigating the ramifications of my poor example (:grin:) allow me to ask you all what it is that you find at fault with flick-fire missiles. When I brought this up on FBTB some time back, one member actually argued the case that flick-fires can in fact be seen as evidence for sets improving over time (by including more play features, I suppose)... writing off the influx of negative feedback on these boards as contempt inevitable in adults' purchasing kids' toys. In fact, I've actually become rather tolerant of the idea over the years, provided the missiles aren't obviously shoehorned in (as in the case of the tree) and don't stand in for key armament (let's not forget this :laugh:).

I don't (normally) have a problem with them. As long as they don't get in the way of design or other fetures, and they make sense. In fact, they can improve a set, if the addition of the missiles makes the set more accurate. The reason I found this funny is because TLG puts FF's in almost every set - even when it doesn't make sense.

Clearly the flick fire missile is the champion of the Star Wars sets...and it's time TLG recognizes it by building us a UCS flick fire set!

flick5.png

This is only 203 pieces though. Hopefully when TLG makes it they go bigger, I want it to dominate my Star Wars display! Feel free to comment on your love for the flick fire missile.

Cool! Does it work?

There would only be one thing more funny......a UCS Jar Jar ! :laugh_hard:

And if you could flick-fire away Jar-Jar's head, it's a must buy for me. :grin:

And StoutFiles - that was really a great one :thumbup:

This is, hands down, one of the funniest LEGO-related things I have seen on the internet. Please, for the love of god, make more of these. (Also put it on CUUSOO :tongue: )

Thanks! That is a good idea; I will put it on CUUSOO later tonight, if only to see if I can get a comment from someone at TLG.

Hey! I remember this! :sweet: Didn't you post this idea in Future Star Wars Sets once?

Yeah. I just had to build it to see what it would look like...and it's just as ridiculous as I had hoped it would be.

I don't (normally) have a problem with them. As long as they don't get in the way of design or other fetures, and they make sense. In fact, they can improve a set, if the addition of the missiles makes the set more accurate. The reason I found this funny is because TLG puts FF's in almost every set - even when it doesn't make sense.

That's how I feel. I think TLG goes overboard with their favorite play feature sometimes.

Cool! Does it work?

They don't lock in, of course, but they fit snug. I may have to do a slight edit to prevent the cones from colliding when they're both in, I didn't test that.

Too think I almost passed this thread up because it said flick fire missiles! Hilarious and well executed! I absolutely love your version!

At the begining I didnt know what to wait for, but when I got to see your model just had to laugh out loud... but seriously I allways get rid of those ridiculous mechanisms, but yours is just great

:laugh: The funniest thing I've seen related to Lego, easily. I would want one, but I'm afrad it could kill a small child. Edited by GeluNumber1