Oky

UCS Queen Amidala

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi everyone. Being the host of this great little community build, I feel obligated to contribute something that will inspire all the other participants. And so, I present to you my sculpture of the fair Queen of Naboo! :sweet: This is actually an old MOC I built way back in spring 2002, but since I never shared it and was always quite proud of it, I figured I'd enter it in the build. :wink:

6879564063_422500735b_z.jpg

Sadly, this is the only useful picture I have of it. Sorry.

Comments and criticisms are welcome, although keep in mind that I made this when I was 14 years old and didn't have any good reference material. :blush:

:wub: It looks beautiful!

Personally, I would have used brown pieces for the hair, but you might not have had that much...

Also the face seem a bit vertical, but that might just be the angle...

Impressive rendition, would have liked to see the robe spread out a little more at the bottom to emphasize the length but you probably ran out of red bricks, great work nonetheless, how tall does it stand?

:wub: It looks beautiful!

Personally, I would have used brown pieces for the hair, but you might not have had that much...

Also the face seem a bit vertical, but that might just be the angle...

Thank you. :classic:

Yes, brown probably would have been better, but even after 10 years, I don't think I would have enough brown bricks for that. :laugh:

And yes, the head did come out kind of thin. Oh well.

:laugh: This is hilarious! :laugh:

May I ask why? :look:

Impressive rendition, would have liked to see the robe spread out a little more at the bottom to emphasize the length but you probably ran out of red bricks, great work nonetheless, how tall does it stand?

Thanks. Yes, I did indeed run out of bricks. If I would have had more, I would have made the body a lot bigger.

Hm... Well, it's 73 bricks high, so if we do the math, it's 70cm tall, which is about two and a half feet.

May I ask why? :look:

I don't know. It just looks weird, and the idea's quite funny (but brilliant), so my first reaction was:

:laugh: This is hilarious! :laugh:

It's a really nice sculpture Oky (and to have kept it from 2002 :oh:), but she does look a little sad about something. The base of the dress is especialy good.

It's a really nice sculpture Oky (and to have kept it from 2002 :oh:), but she does look a little sad about something. The base of the dress is especialy good.

Well, of course she's sad, Naboo's being taken over by idiotic droids! So her sadness is perfectly acceptable.

I don't know. It just looks weird, and the idea's quite funny (but brilliant)

Well, I'm not sure if it looking weird is a good thing since that wasn't my intention, but I'm glad you like it. :laugh:

Wonderful creation 'Oky' :sweet: , now try for Jar Jar ? :laugh:

Thanks. Hm, not a bad idea actually... But I don't know if I have enough bricks in the right color. Besides, nobody would like it no matter how good it turns out. :head_back:

Looks very nice! Quite a long time to keep a model, though.

It would be if I still had it. :tongue: I think I disassembled it a year after I built it. This photo is all that remains of it.

It's a really nice sculpture Oky (and to have kept it from 2002 :oh:), but she does look a little sad about something.

Like WampaStompa said, she always has this kind of concerned face because she is worried about her people. Plus she has to work together with Gungans in order to save them. :tongue:

Some parts are good and some needed work. The face and hair would have needed the most improvement if you still had it. It reminds my of a Japanese Geisha girl at first glance.. :sceptic:

Good try at it and you were only 14 thats incredible.. :thumbup:

It reminds my of a Japanese Geisha girl at first glance.. :sceptic:

I believe the Geisha look was the inspiration for the original costume anyway, so that's not really a bad thing. :wink:

That's a great MOC for being 14! Sculptures are always something I've wanted to try. I wasn't any better than you are two years ago. And I know I don't have that many bricks! :laugh:

Very nice. :thumbup: I don't know if you meant to do this but her expression seems sad to me, which is accurate to the film as far as I remember.

Well, for building this at 14, it's pretty amazing! I'd say, that, yeah the body could be quite a bit longer. If you plan on revisiting this, I would suggest maybe even turning it into a bust instead. Great work! :wub: