Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Naboo Starfighter Bay

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Inside the Theed hangar along one of the Naboo Starfighter bays,

the battle droids offer least resistance against the rebels led by the two Jedi.

6878719375_854ba5610d_z.jpg

The second MOC in a series of Lego Star Wars Modular Buildings.

Click the pic for more details...

AC

PS. Here's an older version of the same scene.

invasion-prototheedhangar_a04_39.jpg

Very cool! Is that Ron's face Anakin's sporting? I really like how you used a past version of the N-1 fighter! I can't wait to see more!

Very nice, AC. I am instantly reminded of playing the first LSW video game from this. :thumbup: The starfighter is a bit simplistic, but I'm glad you included it anyway.

This is incredible! I love your SW Mocs. So much detail, and such a great recreation. Amazing!

After just seeing TPM the other day, this scene is fresh in my mind. Great recreation of it, as usual. Another great build with all the details we've come to expect out of one of your builds. I like the way you portrayed the action in the scene.

:thumbup: I saw TPM last Thursday but cant really remember the details in the hanger but as soon as I saw this MOC I was reminded of the Lego Star Wars game for some reason.

Excellent work again, AC! The scene looks very accurate. I like how you use minifigs and sets from the first waves. It gives your entries a nice nostalgic touch, even though they don't match the high quality of the MOCs they are being used in. :thumbup:

I'm lovin' the unique and effective combination of modern snot-building techniques with the use of the classic circa-99 N-1. Though I'm quite curious to know why you used it instead of the updated one (was it size/space consideration?)

Great stuff as always AC! :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Another nice build.

I am so envious of those dark tan skateramps you've got.

So many great uses for those and I have none :cry_sad:

:thumbup:

Another 'ACPin' masterpiece, great battle scene....though did those droids really think they could arrest two Jedi eh ? :laugh:

Brick On 'ACPin' ! :classic:

:oh::wub: all that old yellow faces, and the old N-1. This is great ACPin, even better than the last :thumbup:. The recharge ports on the back wall are a great touch, and the crates and chrome engine pieces are lovely.

great build! love the back wall.

but isn`t it a bit too small? I see you had to remove back antena from the model to menage to fit fighter inside the box.

Edited by Davor

Ah ACPin you kill me. I always have a good laugh when I click on a new post and look at the image and go wow! This is amazing who is this. Then I look to left and oh yeah of course, ACPin. Still I love it. I’m sure this means you’re in the middle of building a full scale version of this. If so can’t wait to see it. :grin:

Edited by Rook

Very cool! Is that Ron's face Anakin's sporting? I really like how you used a past version of the N-1 fighter! I can't wait to see more!

Could be, I just picked it out of the box which I thought had the facial expression appropriate for the scene.

Very nice, AC. I am instantly reminded of playing the first LSW video game from this. :thumbup: The starfighter is a bit simplistic, but I'm glad you included it anyway.

Sorry, never played the game so I don't know exactly what you're referring to.

This is incredible! I love your SW Mocs. So much detail, and such a great recreation. Amazing!

Details count!

Nice use of those skateboard ramp (?) pieces. :thumbup: Another quality MOC, AC.

Yes they are!

After just seeing TPM the other day, this scene is fresh in my mind. Great recreation of it, as usual. Another great build with all the details we've come to expect out of one of your builds. I like the way you portrayed the action in the scene.

After the build, it's always fun to get the action shot for the final touch.

:thumbup: I saw TPM last Thursday but cant really remember the details in the hanger but as soon as I saw this MOC I was reminded of the Lego Star Wars game for some reason.

Again I don't know the details of the LSW game.

Excellent work again, AC! The scene looks very accurate. I like how you use minifigs and sets from the first waves. It gives your entries a nice nostalgic touch, even though they don't match the high quality of the MOCs they are being used in. :thumbup:

I always like to use the older sets plus I'll leave the mods to others when it comes to vehicles/ships. Only mod in this one were the silver pieces to the engine intakes.

Great setup, you can easily see a battle going on in there, well done again

That's the general idea to this scene. :sweet:

May not be one of the biggest, but it is one of the best of your works! :sweet:

Not yet. :wink:

I'm lovin' the unique and effective combination of modern snot-building techniques with the use of the classic circa-99 N-1. Though I'm quite curious to know why you used it instead of the updated one (was it size/space consideration?)

Great stuff as always AC! :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks for the blog and you're right on about the reason/s why I used the older starfighter set.

Another nice build.

I am so envious of those dark tan skateramps you've got.

So many great uses for those and I have none :cry_sad:

:thumbup:

A BL seller many years ago were selling them dirt cheap (10c apiece) and I bought all that was in stock! :laugh:

Another 'ACPin' masterpiece, great battle scene....though did those droids really think they could arrest two Jedi eh ? :laugh:

Brick On 'ACPin' ! :classic:

I didn't think so!

:oh::wub: all that old yellow faces, and the old N-1. This is great ACPin, even better than the last :thumbup:. The recharge ports on the back wall are a great touch, and the crates and chrome engine pieces are lovely.

Good amount of details where necessary do add to the overall effect of the scene.

great build! love the back wall.

but isn`t it a bit too small? I see you had to remove back antena from the model to menage to fit fighter inside the box.

I didn't remove the tail as there's a hole for the exhaust port at the back which you'll see in the top one.

Ah ACPin you kill me. I always have a good laugh when I click on a new post and look at the image and go wow! This is amazing who is this. Then I look to left and oh yeah of course, ACPin. Still I love it. I’m sure this means you’re in the middle of building a full scale version of this. If so can’t wait to see it. :grin:

Start small and end big! :laugh:

AC

Nice one ACPin ! I love the details , and your posing of the figs makes the moc come alive ! Although I ust admit that after seeing all those moc's of yours through the years I was expecting the whole Bay !!default_tong.gif

Edit : I just read the other comms and found out you're making the whole thing . I'm looking forward to this even more than I'm looking forward to the summer sets !!

Edited by Troopmaker

Nice one ACPin ! I love the details , and your posing of the figs makes the moc come alive ! Although I ust admit that after seeing all those moc's of yours through the years I was expecting the whole Bay !!default_tong.gif

Edit : I just read the other comms and found out you're making the whole thing . I'm looking forward to this even more than I'm looking forward to the summer sets !!

It's always good to read the other comments first so you don't wind up asking the questions that have already been answered. These modular builds are aimed to be both independent of each other or merged into bigger builds. Think about how cool it would look if you got several of these side by side of each other! :grin:

AC

I love the extreme level of detail here- just looking at the N-1, it would appear you even included the 'donut hole' added my ILM to make the N-1 fit in the stall!

I love the extreme level of detail here- just looking at the N-1, it would appear you even included the 'donut hole' added my ILM to make the N-1 fit in the stall!

Yes, the tail of the N-1 fits securely through the exhaust port!

Great MOC ACpin! :thumbup: This is probably my favorite scene from the movie. We will be seeing a Maul duel? :grin:

Probably! :wink::wink:

AC