Sign in to follow this  
DoubleT

New Ferrari F430 Challenge & new 1:24 F1 (UPDATE: Ferrari F1 Team)

havent they done ALL these sets before??

not that the new ones dont look great!

i really like the picture of the 8144

seems like its taken from a catalogue..

do you know where its taken from?

do you have the other page?

here you can see the price list..

http://www.lowlug.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3262

i dont speak german so i cant reallu navigate myself throught this forum.. :-(

Maybe that's because it isn't German but Dutch ;-) .

Okay, I just purchased the 430 Challenge.

• For some odd reason, TRU had about 80 boxes of this set. It was super weird, because they accounted for about 40% of all the lego sets in the entire store.
  • The box itself says 690 pieces on it
  • I haven't counted them, but it definitely seems like there are more than that.
  • There were pieces to build either the red car or the yellow car, but not both.
  • Two instruction books were included, one for the red car, one for the yellow.
  • The pieces were in groups of numbered bags, 1, 2, and 3. 1 was for the shared parts, 2 was for the red body, and 3 was for the yellow body.
  • The back of the box makes it look like you can easily swap the body of the car between red and yellow, however that is not the case. By step 8 I already had to dig into the yellow parts bag, so if I wanted to switch to the red car, I'd have to basically tear the whole thing apart and start over.
  • The set is different from the original 430 spider in more ways than I expected. Not only is the top there, but it's got some kind of strange "jack" mechanism, the seat is different, and the back is different in a few minor ways as well.
  • I actually like this set better than the spider, but it's not a "must have" if you've already got the original. I only bought it because I like the yellow better than the red (I just don't like red cars that much). In fact, if this was out at the same time as the spider, I would have bought this and not the spider.

So anyway, if you liked the spider, you'll probably like this more, but it's up to you to figure out if you want this in addition to the spider. If you don't have the spider and were looking towards getting it, I'd say get this instead.

The back of the box makes it look like you can easily swap the body of the car between red and yellow, however that is not the case. By step 8 I already had to dig into the yellow parts bag, so if I wanted to switch to the red car, I'd have to basically tear the whole thing apart and start over.

Wouldn't this be difficult with all of the STAMPs all over the model? Do you think you could just lift the majority of the pieces of in one go?

Well they havent bin In Europe, but they are now, together with other sets on ShopAtHome.

It just said "Comming Soon"

Wouldn't this be difficult with all of the STAMPs all over the model? Do you think you could just lift the majority of the pieces of in one go?

Oh, I didn't put any of the stickers on. I don't believe in them :P

I think it looks fine without them :D