AllanSmith

MOC: Seafood Truck

indexed.gif V-LC-20A

Teaser picture of my Seafood Truck. I pass the real one lots of times, it sells fresh fish and other seafood.

It is situated half an hours drive north of Wellington at a seaside village called Paekakariki (pronounced,Pie-car-car-re-key)

More pictures to follow of the inside showing cabinets and fish once I receive a Bricklink order.

seafoodtruck0001.jpg

Enjoy :classic:

Edited by Phred

I've never seen anything like that truck, but you've definitely done a good job converting it into LEGO. I especially like how you've done the windows/doors on the side.

Around here, they sell Crab and Shrimp out of the back of a freezer truck, nothing as fancy as the source for your inspiration. I can't wait to see the inside!

Yum! Haven't seen one of those in person either, but something tells me it's probably for the better, especially considering my new-found love for seafood. Looks like you've got quite a lot of room to play with in the back of that truck, so I'm betting my money on there being lots of crabs and scallops... perhaps even a cuttlefish or two? :wink: Looking forward to the finished article!

We have similar seafood sales in my local area (Denmark), although it's in a trailer. But it's a brilliant idea for a MOC and I'm looking forward to se the interior shots. Great job!!!

Awesome truck, reminds me of our Wednesday market in town when we have 2 of those trucks on the market.

Another teaser picture. The fish seller (ex butcher) trying out his new digital scales.

He is still waiting for his display cabinets that should be arriving on Monday via Bricklink.

fishtruckinside0001.jpg

Top job Allan.

Looking forward to seeing the finished model.

I've just finished some refrigerated shipping containers that each use a 'fish' door from set 375 (-3 ... not the yellow castle!) Refrigerator Truck.

LLL

Edited by Luke_likes_Lego

Like others have said, the use of the doors is genius (including the little thing to hold them up) and the weigh scale in the truck. It is a really nice MOC.

But the most important question, does the truck serve salted herring?

indexed.gif V-LC-20A

The fish display cabinets have arrived, so we are ready to sell fresh fish.

6905510793_f526cdbd4e_o.jpg

6905511535_0edbbfc401_o.jpg

6905511253_37a1310288_o.jpg

View of skylight to let in more light for the fish seller. Also dark grey vents for the refrigeration equipment.

6905511993_1336d042cc_o.jpg

6905513383_de3df3f954_o.jpg

Close up of display cabinets.

6905514899_76cf98d43e_o.jpg

BTW: 500th post, yah I'm a Knight :laugh:

Congratulations on your Knighthood!

This is a very nice truck - like others here, I really like the way you've used those doors. The roof window is also a neat touch, and those display cabinets are perfect. Good job. I don't much care for fish, but the MOC is great :)

Very nice! It would bring a lot of life to many city scenaries. Especially I like the "skylight" that brings a lot of light inside the truck. You would like to bye your fresh fish from a bright an clean shop :sweet:

Have you considered to add, som other seafood? Like the green fish or maybe some clambs? I'm planning to make a seafood-shop myself (without wheels), and maybe I'll use some snakes as eel's. I'm also wondering wether red and black scorpions could pull it as lobsters... We'll see. It would also add some colour and variaty to the shop.

A couple of stickers on the two sides would complete this. But very nice MOC. Fish on wheels... I DIG!!!!!

Edited by MadManMingo

Very nice! It would bring a lot of life to many city scenaries. Especially I like the "skylight" that brings a lot of light inside the truck. You would like to bye your fresh fish from a bright an clean shop :sweet:

Have you considered to add, som other seafood? Like the green fish or maybe some clambs? I'm planning to make a seafood-shop myself (without wheels), and maybe I'll use some snakes as eel's. I'm also wondering wether red and black scorpions could pull it as lobsters... We'll see. It would also add some colour and variaty to the shop.

A couple of stickers on the two sides would complete this. But very nice MOC. Fish on wheels... I DIG!!!!!

Thanks for your comments. Am thinking of other seafood, maybe some crabs, will have to do a Bricklink order. Fish stickers from an old set would look good too, another Bricklink order. :wink:

I visit the fish markets where the shrimping boats come in occasionally... they have a very specific building type, and it makes me want to make a modular-style raised fish market :)

This is such a lively MOC, especially for a vehicle -- I can almost smell it :wink:

Being able to see in the van to the fishes in the cases is great!