Duck

Redcoats in "Create a minifigure" at Lego Store.

Hi folks!

A very minor piece of news (which might not even be that new!) but while in the Lego Store in Liverpool today I unexpectedly discovered a redcoat torso amongst the usual chef's and policemen. Following this I discovered several shakos amongst the headwear. Sadly no eporlets in the accessories area but two out of three aint bad!

I know there are probably cheaper ways of building up a redcoat army (as opposed to 3 figs for £3.50) but it just surprised me to find them in there. All I can assume is that leftover or returned redcoats from '09 have been sent out to Lego Stores for this purpose (As the POTC redcoats don't have shakos). There were a number of CMF series 2 & 3 parts lurking in there also so I'm assuming these are leftovers also!

Anyway, just thought I'd point out the Redcoat find for anyone who may be visiting a Lego Store soon and fancies a nosey! :pir-sweet:

Edit: Mods - sorry for the triple post of this! No idea what happened there!

Edited by Duck

Edit: Mods - sorry for the triple post of this! No idea what happened there!

I had removed the duplicate topics which you have created earlier.

Fantastic, thanks for that Whitefang! Although it did increase my posts per day to something like 0.017! :pir-tongue:

A few months ago I went in the Lego-Store in Frankfurt and started picking out some redcoat torsos. There were many in the boxes. Unfortunately there were no shakos but an employee noticed me and my special interest and he brought me some from the stock. He also brought me some rifles. This is what I call service. :pir_laugh2:

But my best find was a turkey. :pir-blush:

I've also had my share of neat finds at the LEGO retail stores. I once demonstrated a few 'advanced' techniques to a friend using a minifigure spanner, but my enthusiasm got me a few weird looks.

A good find indeed although as mentioned, I wouldn't want to build an army $3 at a time, ebay and bricklink would be cheaper.

very nice news indeed, sadly there are no LEGO stores in Sheffield, Shakos as well thats just too good to be true :pir-cry_happy:

The Lego store at Mall of America often has neat things like this in their Build A Minifig stations. Sadly it's $10 for 3 minifigs... far better off just buying from Bricklink, discounted sets, or other means.

Wish they would just let us buy individual bits like torsos, heads, etc. The Pick A Brick is all but useless.

The Lego store at Mall of America often has neat things like this in their Build A Minifig stations. Sadly it's $10 for 3 minifigs... far better off just buying from Bricklink, discounted sets, or other means.

Wish they would just let us buy individual bits like torsos, heads, etc. The Pick A Brick is all but useless.

You actually can, you can get 15 pieces... for the price. It doesn't matter what you pick...

That's not really what I meant.

What I mean is, for example, I don't have very many female heads. I'd like to just buy 20 female heads at a fair price per head.... not spend $10 for 3 over priced minifigs.

There's really no point to the Build A Figure station for someone like me. You can get all the same complete figures, or individual pieces, cheaper elsewhere.

Then again I'm not exactly the target market for the Build A Figure station I guess. You don't see a half a dozen or so 30-something nerds huddled around all 4 stations =P It's crowded with young kids.

Yes! I love those create your own minifgure and I was really happy when they started putting the pirates out there. Thanks for sharing this good news. :pir-sweet:

Edited by Hiawatha

That's not really what I meant.

What I mean is, for example, I don't have very many female heads. I'd like to just buy 20 female heads at a fair price per head.... not spend $10 for 3 over priced minifigs.

There's really no point to the Build A Figure station for someone like me. You can get all the same complete figures, or individual pieces, cheaper elsewhere.

Then again I'm not exactly the target market for the Build A Figure station I guess. You don't see a half a dozen or so 30-something nerds huddled around all 4 stations =P It's crowded with young kids.

Maybe one or both of us is confused here. But the last time I checked, you don't need to make full minifigures. Instead of legs, torso, head to make up one of your three, you can instead do torso,torso,torso or in your case head,head,head. See what I'm saying?

The only thing I'm not sure of is how accessories (sword, shovel etc) and neck accessories (pauldron, cape, scabbard) would factor into that at the register. Because I do remember the lady saying there was a 1 accessory limit per fig, and I don't know if that means you can swap out that one accessory for, say, another head.

In summary, I think you can get away with buying 12 heads and that should count. (Because one fig would be legs+torso+head+accessory = 4 pieces multiplied by 3 for 12 total pieces).

Yeah, the BAM bin is always swarming with kids. Ha, I bet kids are smuggling parts out in their little pockets all the time. I saw one little girl smuggle a head out in her stomach once! :pir-oh:

<Insert standard complaint here about BAM being not worth the money.>

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about the hat/hair! Your minifig can have just one hat/hair piece. So that would bring the total pieces up to 15, I think. So I think you can buy a mix of 15 heads or torsos. You just want to make sure it's cool with the store people before you dive in, by the way. Don't want to get to the register and have an uncomfortable situation.

Edited by Zeya

The Pick A Brick is all but useless.

Yes, the pick-a-brick at the MOA is often frustrating. Often times they will have the same item on the wall two or three times. Too many wheels and steering wheels for my tastes as well. On the other hand, they do occasionally have a few nice parts and then I go nuts. Last time I was in they had the three leaf bamboo part and lots of clear plates! Those are nice finds!

Yes, the pick-a-brick at the MOA is often frustrating. Often times they will have the same item on the wall two or three times. Too many wheels and steering wheels for my tastes as well. On the other hand, they do occasionally have a few nice parts and then I go nuts. Last time I was in they had the three leaf bamboo part and lots of clear plates! Those are nice finds!

I was actually after wheels on the last occasion I was in for a city project - they had the tyres but not hub-cap bits which was slightly illogical! Similarly they had castle/pirate window panes but no arched outer windows.

I'm going back to Liverpool in a week or so, and so I'll have a look what redcoat/piratey bits are in the minifig station then!

I have also made some wicked finds- a couple of metal detectors :pir-tongue: also found a spanner and some peg legs (unusual?) lucky finding some red coat bodies, I have some already though.