Sign in to follow this  
sam89

New Technic pics

Cool, thx for the pics, sam!

8270 and 8271 look like they could be as a fun build as the Mini Tractor was this year. And that snow mobile looks like a good mid-size set.

All of them could be some "time fillers" and shelf models for me :-)

8271 looks to be a rehash of 8453 (the alt model on the side of the box even looks familiar)

Looks like it might be slightly larger scale. And would seem to have rear wheel rack+pinion instead of articulated steering...

Ohwell, I can't resist Front Loaders, so I'll buy it anyway.

8270 looks... *blah* to me. A worm gear and a reel, thats pretty much it; the rest seems to be 'hand' controlled. If that thing in the middle is a new mini-turntable that might be nice... but I suspect it's just a big decorative gear.

Snowmobiles are not my thing...my floors do not have ice so playability is potentially limited...

But does anyone recognize the caterpillar tread it's using? I dont.... I wonder if it's really that wide or two smaller treads side by side - Tank anyone?

Tks Sam for the find ;-)

I am not a Technic fan but I really like that snowmobile a lot !! I really will consider buying it ;-) Too bad that its red though - it will look similar next to my street bike :-P

*yoda*

Very nice.... I've been very pleased with Technic these last few years, and this is no exception. Too bad my budget is so cramped and I don't usually buy technic, so no buy for me. :-(

8270 looks like a good small technic model for me. The other two... nah.

This is the first year that I have had more interest in system than in Technic, and these sets will certainly not reverse that.

The big technic sets this year were very disappointing (to an old classic technic guy like me... damn I hate liftarms). Here's hoping for more original and nicer looking big sets next year.

I have never been a fan of the small technic sets as they do not do enough I would rather but a system dump truck as it has a similar level of playability.

The snowmobile is a different story thats definetly on my buy list for next year it will look good with the motorbike of last year if the scales are similar.

Its good to see an orignal idea I cant remember a technic snow mobile before(correct me if Im wrong) lets hope the big sets are somthing new not re-makes of old sets.

The Snowmobile looks pretty neat, the Front Loader... looks like something I've seen many times before,

and that Mini Crane looks like the best of the lot to me. :-)

I'm suprised they didn't slap those ski-like Bionicle swords as the front of the snowmobile.

Almsost looks like an intentional return to that classic Technic look with all of these, doesn't it?

Nice parts sources. :-)

Link has been edited ;-)

Tks mate !! This is definitly a neat set and I will definitly get it (and will not put that horrendous sticker :-P )

Those new treads look pretty neat ;-)

*yoda*

Wow, those new sets are awesome.

I'm definatly gonna buy that snowmobile, it looks pretty good. The treads are neat..but not very good for making tank treads.

I can see some awesome moc's coming out of those treads though.

chewie

Here's my problem;

They look cool, expecially the skidoo...

But dagnabit, they're yellow and red. I have waaayyy too many yellow and red technic parts. I want GREEN! I want BLUE! I want ORANGE!!!!

Enough with the yellow and red!

*sigh*

Here's my theory:

Lego chooses pieces/colors based on how cheap a piece is to manufacture. This makes sense, because, why use a really expensive piece when a cheaper one is available. You can see this effect in the "Inexplicably Blue Hidden Piece" syndrome, where for no reason at all, a big piece of a model will be in blue when the rest of the model is red/grey/whatever; it's hidden, and no one sees it, and they chose that one blue piece because it was cheaper than a red/grey/whatever piece.

So for example, in a year, if Lego made a lot of yellow or red technic pieces, then the next year, yellow and red will be cheaper than any other color, due to overstocks, not having to change the machines, etc. So of course, every year, yellow and red are always the cheapest colors to use, and therefore they always choose the red and yellow pieces when making next year's sets, and it will lock Lego into a yellow/red majority for a long time.

*sigh*

I want blueeeeeee. Particularly that dark navy blue that came on some of the Bionicles last year!!

Actually, seemingly Random hidden pieces that are a different color, are strategically placed to help make instructions clearer; they act as landmarks...