kabel

Mitgardian Trade Mission in Mpya Stedor

The Mitgardian Leage is gaining power! Not only does it control most of the trade on the northern seas, but in recent years, Mitgardians have purchased real estate in foreign territories and set up their trading posts there. One of them can be found in Mpya Stedor, Kaliphlin.

In the old days the property near the harbor used to be the pallace and garden of a Kaliphlin noble man. However, due to his spending habbit he went bankrupt and had to sell his precious little haven to the Mitgardian league, to which he was owing. Profit oriented (and ignorant of foreign architecture) as they are, the Mitgardians placed a typical warehouse into the middle of the park leaving only little green for the enjoyment of the kontor's inhabitants.

The Mitgardian cog Lady Emma has just arrived in the harbor and is going to take back the riches aquired by the thrifty Mitgardian traders.

Aerial of the harbor + trade mission

sscn0630.jpg

The usual problems with the local fish merchant ...

sscn0631.jpg

Don't crash into my fruit stand, stupid!

sscn0632.jpg

The local pasha's son takes his falcon out for a ride

sscn0635.jpg

A remaing orange tree in the embassy's courtyard

sscn0638.jpg

Mitgardian accountant at work

sscn0640.jpg

Ain't nothing better than sealing a deal with a nice shisha

sscn0641.jpg

More pics on Brickshelf when public

nice scene you've created! the minifigs really bring it to life.

And great minds must think alike as I have made HooKah for my build as well. Just hoping my BL order arrives today so I can put the finishing touches on it today!

Great job kabel

Wow, I am so glad with the result!! it is absolutely stunning!

As I plan to make a copy of the embassy so it can be seen in my city (but that will be for one of the next months)!

Very nice walls also!

Really great job!

Very nice. As I've said before, I love your technique for red brick buildings. Very nice scene. Reminds me of the Hanseatic League and their kontors :wink: .

Thank you guys for the nice words, it's been fun to build this and also explore some techniques used by other builders, e.g. the halfround tower and stuff, fully tiled courtyards and stuff like this. Being in Kaliphlin was great but now I'm out of white bricks :wink:

@MikeyB: yeah, business in the middle eastern world and shisha seem to belong together, at least this was the case in Marocco which I once traveled.

@DaMaximus: I'm glad you like it and I'm really looking forward seeing the entire city once its done

@Khorne: It's so cool that you guys from Flanders like this and recongnize the style as of course I was also inspired by the Hanseatic Kontor of Brugge!

@Khorne: It's so cool that you guys from Flanders like this and recongnize the style as of course I was also inspired by the Hanseatic Kontor of Brugge!

Funny that you mention Brugge. I'm from the province of West-Flanders and I actually go to school in Brugge, so I am confronted with medieval architecture almost daily. It's probably due to my proximity to red brick buildings and remnants of the old medieval commercial cities that makes me love this MOC so much :sweet: . I would've loved to have seen the kontor a bit bigger though. But I understand it is difficult to do as dark red is an expensive color and useful parts are hard to come by.

The whole thing is a build up to the shisha, it's really good, the scenes are great, it looks very busy there, the cog is great too, good job :thumbup:

This is a great entry Kabel! The details are very nice, like the Mitgardian colours in the wall. And I really like minifig action like the woman at the fruit-stand. Well done!

@Khorne: Yeah, I know what you mean, living in an medieval invironment is definetely a great source of inspiration. Whenever I run around town an find a cool house I start to think about how to do it in Lego. And yes, you're right, the Kontor should be bigger, but as I wanted the cog to be in this moc, I had to cut the houses.

@CM: hehe, you're pretty right. The Shisha was one of the first things I thought about after deciding to build in Kaliphlin.

@Ecclesiastes: Thanks a lot, I finally realized that mocs are all about putting the minifigs into action.

Nice work. The wall looks great, the red plates are really nice on the building, and the guy chasing the chicken is so funny!

Great job with all the little scenes - I think these add so much to MOCs when people do them. I really like the harbor next to the Embassy, and I LOVE the yellow and green stripe that you have running along the wall. I think it really shows Mitgardian spirit. A very nice MOC overall!

Great to see a ship in one of the embassies mocs! I like all the little nice details you put in your moc!

Great work!! :classic:

Very nice embassy kabel! Nice to see an port scene. :thumbup: I like your little Mitgardian compound, ideal place for loading and unloading stock. Lots of life with all your minifigs too - great work! :classic:

thank you guys for the positive feed back, I'm glad so many people like my Kontor!

@dd: the chicken is my favourite Lego animal ever!! :laugh: and there is more to come concerning the red plates ...

@rogueang: I came up whith the green and yellow when I ran out of white, I gues I should run out of the bricks needed more often

@dg+gabe: a ship and a harbor had to be in there, as pirates is still my favourite topic!

Very nice port. It is a really busy-looing place and bustling with activity, just the way it should be. That's very nice. I love all the stories you can see happening in there. I like your shisha idea.

@palathadric: I'm not sure why you are putting up with the task of commenting on ALL the embassies, as I guess that this must be a rather exhausting task. But thanks for the positive feedback anyway!