Siegfried

CONTEST: To sail the Technic sea...

I find it really funny that I just realised that the prefix is for To Sail A Technic Sea... :blush:

I find it really funny that I just realised that the prefix is for To Sail A Technic Sea... :blush:

To Sail Across the Technic Sea :wink:

To Sail Across the Technic Sea :wink:

:laugh: It's too late for that now. This whole contest was a rush...

...anyway, there's now a third prize. :sweet:

Right now it's April 1st 10am GMT. Entries need to be posted (unfinished if need be) in the next 40 hours...

:laugh: It's too late for that now. This whole contest was a rush...

...anyway, there's now a third prize. :sweet:

Right now it's january 1st 10am GMT. Entries need to be posted (unfinished if need be) in the next 40 hours...

Khe...khe... :cry_sad: This contest is so interesting, but I read it only now((( I cry!

Khe...khe... :cry_sad: This contest is so interesting, but I read it only now((( I cry!

But this is the third time I've frontpaged it! :laugh:

Right now it's 4:30 pm GMT. 7.5 hours to go. It'll be a bit after as I'll be at work around about then. :laugh:

After that people have about a week to finish up before the pre-judging starts. I have no plans to stop people editing entries after that time, but once the decisions have been made that's that. :wink:

Right now it's 4:30 pm GMT. 7.5 hours to go. It'll be a bit after as I'll be at work around about then. :laugh:

After that people have about a week to finish up before the pre-judging starts. I have no plans to stop people editing entries after that time, but once the decisions have been made that's that. :wink:

Does one have to state that one's entry is a WIP to be allowed to make improvements to one's model, or everyone can improve their models?

Does one have to state that one's entry is a WIP to be allowed to make improvements to one's model, or everyone can improve their models?

Everyone can. But when the time comes you better make it clear what your entry is, if need be by making a new topic.

Well the time is officially up! Will I accept late entries? If they're good! :laugh: But in any case all entries need to be finished in about a week. I'll post here when it's almost time, but do note that in about a week I'll be re-making the index which will end up being on the voting topic so make sure that ASAP your first post of your topic is the one you want. (Remember that some people vote based on the index image alone... :wink: )

Well the time is officially up! Will I accept late entries? If they're good! :laugh: But in any case all entries need to be finished in about a week. I'll post here when it's almost time, but do note that in about a week I'll be re-making the index which will end up being on the voting topic so make sure that ASAP your first post of your topic is the one you want. (Remember that some people vote based on the index image alone... :wink: )

So just to confirm, you will be updating the images on the index before judging begins correct? Currently the index has an old picture for my entry...

So just to confirm, you will be updating the images on the index before judging begins correct? Currently the index has an old picture for my entry...

Yes. I will index the rest in a few days and then on around the 10th I'll change the thumbnail to the first image of each topic and start the pre-voting.

Something is not clear for me:

If the whole entry topic has more pictures than 8 (or 1 videos and 7 pictures), but the first post (the actual entry) has less or equal than 8 and it follows all the other rules too, is that entry valid or invalid?

Does posting the same image or video for the sake of discussion or just to advertise (read: bump :tongue: ) the topic in a post violate the image limit rule? Sometimes it's not the original poster the one, who quotes images or videos in the topic, so the OP is not able to edit and remove the extra images.

If an entry topic is not valid for these or for any other reasons, is there a separate naming convention for the final, totally valid entry topic to differentiate it from the other one?

um... maybe I could use my reason...

Edited by Lipko

I was wondering the same thing. I wanted to create a new post for each stage I was working on.. but then I asked myself the same question. In the end, I didn't bother so I repeatedly edited my first post to include the latest images / video (and removed the older pictures completely). It is nice though to be able to see the progress and inner-workings (whatever cannot be seen on the finished design) of various Moc's..default_hmpfbad.gif

Something is not clear for me:

If the whole entry topic has more pictures than 8 (or 1 videos and 7 pictures), but the first post (the actual entry) has less or equal than 8 and it follows all the other rules too, is that entry valid or invalid?

Invalid. One of the major reasons is to allow voters to quickly look at all topics without having to wait for long load times.

Does posting the same image or video for the sake of discussion or just to advertise (read: bump :tongue: ) the topic in a post violate the image limit rule? Sometimes it's not the original poster the one, who quotes images or videos in the topic, so the OP is not able to edit and remove the extra images.

Duplicate images in quotes don't matter. New images, regardless of the poster, do. If you create a new topic and someone spoils it tell me.

If an entry topic is not valid for these or for any other reasons, is there a separate naming convention for the final, totally valid entry topic to differentiate it from the other one?

There's no need. The Technic forum moves fast enough and I'll be temporally locking the originals.

I was wondering the same thing. I wanted to create a new post for each stage I was working on.. but then I asked myself the same question. In the end, I didn't bother so I repeatedly edited my first post to include the latest images / video (and removed the older pictures completely). It is nice though to be able to see the progress and inner-workings (whatever cannot be seen on the finished design) of various Moc's..default_hmpfbad.gif

I agree. That's why I allowed WIP topics.

BTW, efferman's presentaion topic is a wonderful example of what I want.

Well I've just gone through and added what I think is the rest of the entries. Did I miss any? If so please tell me!

Also, I've started replacing the images. If your MOC is marked with Final! the please note that I have no plan to make a new one. Thus if you don't like the image tell me. I'll do more in the next few days.

Do I understand it right: You are locking all TSATS topics (old ones) but not locking the "complete" topics?

Do I need to create a new "complete" topic or just replace all data in my current?

Do I understand it right: You are locking all TSATS topics (old ones) but not locking the "complete" topics?

Do I need to create a new "complete" topic or just replace all data in my current?

Considering your topic it'd be easier and better for you to create a new one. That way you can keep all the images in a linked topic and still have a rules-complaint post. But as I said, look at efferman's presentaion topic. It's a good example.

But I'm only locking topics when there is a new one.

When I click the link to efferman's presentation topic, I get an error. Same thing happens to the link in youre older post.

OK, my final entry presentation topic is up. :sweet: Oh, and I got a "vimeo" account in an effort to embed my videos, I used the Media button

but still it would just put the web address, can someone help?

Well I've just gone through and added what I think is the rest of the entries. Did I miss any? If so please tell me!

Also, I've started replacing the images. If your MOC is marked with Final! the please note that I have no plan to make a new one. Thus if you don't like the image tell me. I'll do more in the next few days.

Yes, mine may be updated and marked Final! now. Thanks.

This one is missing too:

this

And posted my Final! entry

here

It's basically the same as my old one, but I thought it's clearer this way.

Edited by Lipko