Hi,

I'm not sure on which forum to post this actually, but since most of the pieces of this model are technic and it (at least to my opinion) qualifies as an advanced build I post it here. Anyways...

I have just finished my scale model of the Hindenburg zeppelin.

Pictures can be found on the CUUSOO website (vote for this model if you want TLC to produce it): http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/9192

More pictures can be found on my flickr page:

Lego Hindenburg

Comments, questions and requests are welcome and appreciated.

Leg godt,

Jeroen Ottens

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

Awesometastic!! :cry_happy:

6864674833_2724a17788_z.jpg

I love it! Technic Bricks and nice building techniques, the shape is fantastic!

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the compliments. The color is light grey, it was quite dark in the room when I took the pictures.

Jeroen

Wow i am a t a loss for words. That is stunning! All the dark grey pieces look awesome! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

tim

@ Jeroen Ottens: Months ago, I seriously tried to make a Lego Technic zeppelin airship about your size, but I could not figure out how to make the hoops of different sizes with a streamlined taper shape. I tried to incorporate Lego Hero Factory parts too -- no success. You have done it -- good job! :thumbup: It should hang in a museum! I'm supporting your Lego CUUSOO campaign, because it's BIGGER than the Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series (UCS) sets!

lz127_bauplan2.jpg

"This is a 1:100 scale model of the "LZ129 Hindenburg" zeppelin made out of Lego.

If you want the Lego company to actually produce this model, please vote for this model on Lego CUUSOO:

lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/9192

The model is 2.45 m long and 40 cm diameter at it's widest point

Details include:

- Captains' gondola

- Both passenger decks (fully equiped)

- Radio & mail rooms

- microfigures

- 4 motor gondolas

- 4 rear stabilators (moveable)

- An Opel Olympa Cabriolet (the first car that was flown over the Atlantic Ocean)

- And many more"

6865051743_28a841b1a1_z.jpg6865050547_54b7375072_z.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Wow!!! Is that ever Amazing!!!

I am still not sold on that Lego CUUSOO thing... I am having a hard time believing that if a large model did in fact get enough votes that it would ever go into production... I would think that Lego would have to look at it and consider it, and then decide if it followed enough of their guidelines to be made into an actual set...

Wow!!! Is that ever Amazing!!!

I am still not sold on that Lego CUUSOO thing... I am having a hard time believing that if a large model did in fact get enough votes that it would ever go into production... I would think that Lego would have to look at it and consider it, and then decide if it followed enough of their guidelines to be made into an actual set...

Your not alone (what in the world is Cuusoo?! :wacko: ).

oh, the humanity!

you're gonna need a display stand for it; tlc wouldn't advise their customers to suspend their models.

KEvron

Wow i am a t a loss for words. That is stunning! All the dark grey pieces look awesome! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

tim

Same here

Looks great. :thumbup: Perhaps the display stand could be a 'mooring mast'.

sp_aaib059_16x20_the-hindenburg-disaster-posters_707.jpg

(Someone had to include that picture!)

Awesome model, Jeroen! :wub:

The model itself is great, but it even comes with a "detailed" :wink: interior.

Absolutely fantastic!

Where do you have it displayed? At home? Must be a huge room for it.

Like DLuders wrote, it should hang in a museum!

Call the Zeppelin-museum in Friedrichshafen/Germany.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Call the Zeppelin-museum in Friedrichshafen/Germany.

I have to agree, this beauty needs to be displayed in public. An incredible model indeed - not sure how many people would actually go and purchase it via the whole Cuusoo thing, but you definitely need to consider arranging a permanent public display for this. With that in mind, it would, of course, be best if you refrained from Splat's scene of choice... :tongue:

Fantastic model, it's always interesting to see models which take on curved shapes done so well, because it's such an unnatural shape for Lego.

CUUSOO models aren't released 'as is', they're more of a starting point for a traditional design process. You can see this if you look at the two designs that have already gone into production.

Fantastic model of a fascinating subject. Personally, I would call it the "Graf Zeppelin" instead of the "Hindenburg". More famous, less infamous.

That looks amazing :wub:

I really like the nice round shapes of it.

EDIT: I just saw this is my 500 post :laugh: )

Edited by legolijntje

This is supercool. The structure, the shape, everything makes a wonderful and huge MOC. :wub:

Hey, you got a scale model, why not make a scale tower and a scale disaster :tongue:. Actually just leave it hangin there and make a few more scale models (titanic, 747).

Edited by sama

Hey, you got a scale model, why not make a scale tower and a scale disaster :tongue:. Actually just leave it hangin there and make a few more scale models (titanic, 747).

Wait a minute. Why does the 747 go in the same category with the Hindenburg and the Titanic? Hopefully just because it is big.