Yatkuu

MOC: Timmy?

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Warning! This MOC could be seen as very violent or shocking by some people.

6865000161_f59cfa0ff5.jpg

Timmy? by Yatkuu, on Flickr

I think I built this as a way to exorcize the fears I can sometimes have as a father (no, my son isn't named Tim!)... I'm also interested in seeing how far we can push the envelope with Lego.

So, what do you guys think?

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

It's a good build, but fairly creepy. :look: If you're making this a horror-based MOC, I suggest a shot from the man's point of view in black and white facing the bed, though it may not work due to lack of wall.

The build itself is beautifully done. The theme itself has also been executed brilliantly, you have portrayed emotion and events in such a simple and real way.

As a parent this is also one of my (many) fears, so I think it is a little uncomfortable to look at. But that isn't a negative thing, I think Lego is a brilliant medium to express our fears and things that are not necessarily pleasant.

The room's coloring is beautiful, and I love the train/teddy bear, along with the name on the door, it gives "TIMMY" a personality. It looks like he was dragged under the bed by monsters, which is probably not the fear you were addressing and more light-hearted. Just how I took it. Wonderful build!!!

The room's coloring is beautiful, and I love the train/teddy bear, along with the name on the door, it gives "TIMMY" a personality. It looks like he was dragged under the bed by monsters, which is probably not the fear you were addressing and more light-hearted. Just how I took it. Wonderful build!!!

That's what I thought too(monster taking Timmy) when I saw it.

Thanks for the feedbacks!

Interesting to hear your vision of the scene, I must say that I did not even think of a monster under the bed! I mean, it's obvious to me that little Timmy has been playing around with red paint and managed to drop some on his bed.. hum...

The train isn't from me I copied the design from the Winter Toy Shop set.

For some reason I was expecting to see South Park Timmy... And I can't say I'm too creeped out by the end result since that could easily be melting chocolate :wink:

Seriously though, great choice of colours to enhance the effect of contrast there. Guess it's not just kids who fear what's under their beds.

For some reason I was expecting to see South Park Timmy... And I can't say I'm too creeped out by the end result since that could easily be melting chocolate :wink:

lol, that's a lot of chocolate!

Again, I meant this to be as open as possible and I did not want to suggest one thing over another. My goal was to capture this second where your heart stops to beat because you fear for your kid - you see something, your mind starts to race but at this point anything is still possible. The kid could jump out of the closet and say "surprise!" or it could indeed turn to a much darker outcome.

Thanks for the feedbacks!

Interesting to hear your vision of the scene, I must say that I did not even think of a monster under the bed! I mean, it's obvious to me that little Timmy has been playing around with red paint and managed to drop some on his bed.. hum...

The train isn't from me I copied the design from the Winter Toy Shop set.

I love this turn of event :laugh:

Interesting MOC a little scary, but great at the same time.

Yeah, I also meant the metaphorical fear of what's under the bed... Don't have kids myself, but I sure as hell know what moment when your heart's racing and your head is full of worst-case scenarios. Judging from my experience, it seems to last forever - and the stillness / "freeze frame" kind of effect you have achieved here is what really makes this an impressive vig for me.

This is a beautiful depiction of a child's bedroom, but you have also managed to incorporate a sense of unease into it.

The nice thing is your subtlety in building, where the possibilities are really reflections of the viewer's inner thoughts. I agree with others when they say the colour choice works really well, and leaving the emotional side behind, it's also a great build. :thumbup:

Seriously though, great choice of colours to enhance the effect of contrast there. Guess it's not just kids who fear what's under their beds.

Yes that is what I was expecting as well.

It seems like a nice colour and design for the bedroom and the scene is a nice one.

The man looks a little zombie like (I hink it is the pale shirt with pale colour walls.) is he supposed to be the monster from under the bed that people are talking about as that would be a bit creepy? Is there a monster under the bed, or is it the fact that the father is the monster the thing?

Does this scene come from a movie or TV show?

The man looks a little zombie like (I hink it is the pale shirt with pale colour walls.) is he supposed to be the monster from under the bed that people are talking about as that would be a bit creepy? Is there a monster under the bed, or is it the fact that the father is the monster the thing?

Does this scene come from a movie or TV show?

I have perhaps been inspired by a movie or a book but I can't really say for sure... Maybe there is smthg wrong with me but when I saw the teddy bear piece I felt like making a horror themed MOC with it! The pale coloring is intentional, to accentuate the dramatic intensity of the scene.

The fig is supposed to be the father, coming to check on his kid... maybe he heard a strange noise coming from the child's bedroom, maybe he just felt smthg was wrong... You can make it what you want it to be!

man thats a deep moc, I was quite surprised how powerfuly it made me feel, its good though but half of me is a little sad now, Im ganna go have an ice cream to cheer myself up.

That poor LEGO dad :cry_sad: