Scubacarrot

Knife-point Embassy

My Lord Dextrus Flagg,

I write this to you, to tell you about the Embassy we constructed in the lands of Nocturnus,

As you know, Nocturnus is a twisted and hostile place, the landscape made with swamps, desolate plains. rugged mountains and fiery lakes of lava. Common sense made us believe that the Marshlands were the least dangerous of these, but we were wrong, so wrong.

For the marshlands are in the eastern part of Nocturnus, which means that our caravans have to travel far, to reach these lands. Although there is supposedly peace, the roads are filled with dangers. Our caravans have had to endure twisted bandits, gigantic monsters, there was even speak of dragons, at one point! And not to mention, the Drow! Many of my caravans have not made it to the place I am now, they have been burned, ransacked or have just completely disappeared.

The place I am now is being called Knife-point by the soldiers. It is called this way because we built the Embassy on a place in the swamp, where the rocks are as sharp as knives. The Marshlands are a pain to build in, the ground is almost nowhere fit for building, And the few places that are, are almost always taken by the locals. The locals we found, are as umpredictable as the shifting sands of the desert, we found. One day they are open to trading, the next they will try to storm our Embassy. The latter has been proven to be pointless, thanks to the squad of Elite Qarkyr Archers we were assigned, they have proven to be precise and deadly, an asset to Kaiphilin.

Life in Nocturnus has proven difficult, besides the dealings with the locals. Supplying has also proven to be difficult. Since many supply caravans do not arrive, we are struggling to get fresh water (The water from the swamps is undrinkable, naturally) and food. The latter is slightly less of an issue, as we have found that there is an abundance of edible fish in the marshlands. Still, fishing brings danger, as there are also ravenous monsters lurking where the fish are. My task for the coming time will be negotiating a trade agreement with the local werewolf clans, Wish me luck.

Honor to Kaiphilin!

Lord Shale

Hello all, This is my first real MOC since my dark ages, If you have any tips, comments or criticism, PLEASE let me know :classic: . I had some trouble photographing, but I think it is all right now. Here are the photo's:

Flickr Set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/75672871@N07/sets/72157629287315001/with/6863469579/

6863469579_73facf9956_b.jpg

Front

6863491225_2a8a02eca8_b.jpg

The back, two people are fishing, you might recognize the one on the right ;), On the balcony are two archers, ready to fire if anything shows up.

6863562139_ac9d3f9122_z.jpg

Close up of the standard, to scare off any potential enemies, mushrooms in different colours grow here, a workman is dragging a crate of fresh fish to the main building.

6863473641_618fe9fbb5_z.jpg

Tower picture, some Archers look out for potential threats, 2 Kaiphilin merchants are chatting about the prize of fresh water.

6863471165_02fe3f08d2_b.jpg

Lord Shale is Negotiating a Trade Agreement with the local werewolves

6863471463_560b099586_b.jpg

A target is set up for practice, but these archers are the best of the best, they don't need any practice!

I hope you enjoyed my Embassy, please leave C and/or C!

Edited by Scubacarrot

Nice work! Good entry. You've captured the Kaliphlin architecture very well and I like the exposed wooden beams. Good placement of minifigures.

One thing is though - the colour mixing is a bit overpowering - there are so many colours overwhelming the eyes!

Nice work! Good entry. You've captured the Kaliphlin architecture very well and I like the exposed wooden beams. Good placement of minifigures.

One thing is though - the colour mixing is a bit overpowering - there are so many colours overwhelming the eyes!

Thank you! In hindsight, I think I would have used two or one colours less for the main building, but I didn't have enough, or it would be a very gray building :blush: .

Thank you! In hindsight, I think I would have used two or one colours less for the main building, but I didn't have enough, or it would be a very gray building :blush: .

My critique was the same... but I understand being short pieces for sure. Great job here. I wish I had some of the color palette you have in plates... that swamp water looks nasty! Great job.

The slats are cool, and I love the little path with the bridge.

If you're short on pieces you could always block differently, eg story has a slightly different colour pallet. So it would look like the building was built over several years - thus different material is used (which was common at the time).

Very nice wall texturing!

Indeed! And great tocuh on the water, it looks poisoned! So very Nocturnus.

A great MOC! Good job on the subtle integration of the new 'textured brick' bricks, the curved path at the front, the walkway between the two buildings and the way you made the swamp water. All very inspiring :thumbup: And great work on the opening story too.

Very nice work indeed. I really like the details such as the wooden path, the swampy water, and all those minifigs making the building alive! Iw as pretty shocked with the colouring of it: but in a good way. I really think it fits perfectly the Kaliphilin architecture. Excellent all around!

For this to be your first real moc from coming out of your dark ages it is brilliant. TBH I don't mind the colours, I always thought Kalphlin to be a colourful place, a melting pot of cultures. I love the details, the banner, the heads on spikes, the mushrooms, the steps and the swamp at the back, great job :thumbup:

Great embassy Scubacarrot, this is a pearler for your first moc! :thumbup: I haven't got a problem with the mottled walls, i think they look really effective and cohesive. The awnings and the large banner also caught my eye - great work! :classic:

ps. There is a local shopping multiplex a few km's away from us that we always call "Knifepoint" (It's actually called Highpoint) - it was the first thing i thought of when i saw the name of yr embassy. I had to do a double take; "wait, he's built a shopping centre??" :laugh:

Edited by gabe

It looks more like the 2 archers did a bet on who will catch the first fish and that they are supporting their favourite fisher :laugh:

Nice structure, only same remark as everybody else, a bit less different colours would make the result even better :classic:

Nice stairway structure! :thumbup:

This is so Kaliphlin - I love it! You've done a great job of integrating the Kaliplin colors and styles - the canopies and timbers sticking out of the walls are excellent. I love the boardwalk as well as the use of tiles for the swamp. Quality MOC!

I have to say that even with all the colors, you pulled it off realistically. Marsh and wooden walkway are awesome as well.

Not a very friendly-sounding name. More of a "Stay away from our embassy" type thing. The colouring is fabulous! :laugh:

I love all the little details on your. The light sabres from the roof and especially the stairs leading up to the embassy. Really nice.

Edited by palathadric