mawlr-fields-1.jpg

all LDD files at the bottom

So once again I find myself distracted from my main project, this time inspired by a mech from a video-game called killzone 3 (named the same too). This started as a simple template for a much larger mech build, that turned into its own distraction. In typical fashion, the version I wanted to build had a foot the size of this one's lower body :look: (after building this, I'm glad I didn't. That would have been a pain of a project and taken too much time).

At slightly over 6,000 pieces, the MAWLR would be one of my smallest MOCs. It is built in Mini-scale, and I HIGHLY suggest opening the LDD file, because pictures don't do it justice. (and for once it's not dangerous to open :laugh:)

mawlr-1.jpgmawlr-2.jpg

mawlr-3.jpgmawlr-4.jpg

mawlr-5.jpgmawlr-6.jpg

Features include a rotating and pivoting head, posable legs, adjustable feet, multiple turrets, rotating main canon, and opening flight engine doors.

mawlr-flight.jpgmawlr-space3.jpg

Yes, its also a spaceship! MOC includes lower control tower for a complete look to seal off leg attachment area.

This is a concept model, so I wasn't going for correct colors or building techniques. I do however want to submit the MAWLR by itself to CUUSOO, and wanted to see how many of you would be interested just to get an initial idea. It would be TLG's first fantasy, non-licensed model this big (unless... :grin:). Remember, it is 6,000 pieces.

So if you could please let me know yes/no would you want this, and why.

It will help me get an idea for future CUUSOO submissions (and if I should try modifying my other MOCs for CUUSOO).

Anyway, back on topic, here are a few more pictures of the MAWLR by itself, in attack mode (with Lego special effects! :tongue:), and in space.

mawlr-8-1.jpgmawlr-9.jpg

mawlr-space2.jpgmawlr-space1.jpg

After finishing the MAWLR, I made the laser and some special effects and said, Ooooo this needs land! :hmpf: And then this happened:

mawlr-fields-6.jpg

I made a wasteland where the good guys were struggling to get through, a central power corridor that divided the land, the mechanical city that the MAWLR stands above, and finally a quarter cutout of a disc space bridge (kind of like in the game). Once again there are so many tiny details that if I tried to get them in pictures, I'd have 30 or so more *oh2*. So if you can, try opening the LDD files of the fields. I promise they are not that big.

And if you are really daring, you can try and open the 26,000 piece completed model....with flex pieces!!! :devil:

mawlr-fields-11.jpgmawlr-fields-7.jpg

mawlr-fields-9.jpgmawlr-fields-12.jpg

The little nougat colored guys are the good guys, and the dark red horns are the bad guys. Details on the disc include a space port, two shuttle launching stations on the outside of the disc, and a walking bridge to the core. In the city, there are multiple buildings, guard towers, vents, turrets and energy piping. In the fields, there are mysterious outcroppings, bunkers, tunnels, bridges, communication towers, sensors, dilapidated buildings, mountainside villages, and hidden paths and features. The good guys have plenty of varied vehicles of their own scattered throughout the fields and flying around.

mawlr-fields-10.jpgmawlr-fields-8.jpg

mawlr-fields-5.jpgmawlr-fields-4.jpg

Finally, OVERHEAD SHOT!!!!

mawlr-fields-3.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so you want the LXFs. For above pictured:

MAWLR plain - LXF - 6,000 pieces

MALWR battle - LXF - 6,700 pieces

MAWLR takeoff - LXF - 6,100 pieces

MAWLR fields - LXF -26,000 pieces

This is the lower area:

fields lower - LXF - 10,800 pieces

mawlr-fields-lower.jpg

Upper area with MAWLR:

field upper+ - LXF - 17,800 pieces

mawlr-fields-upper.jpg

Upper area without MAWLR:

fields upper - LXF - 11,000 pieces

mawlr-fields-upper-only.jpg

As always, my brickshelf folder has more pictures in higher resolution. and remember, let me know if you would want.

Hope you like!

Absolutely amazing LDD model. And the way you frame it in with some light photoshoping is awesome.

This has got to be your best work so far :thumbup:

Thanks for all the kind words!

I have a question. I wanted to know what the rules are on double posting in other categories, or linking, etc, because I wanted to share this with the sci-fi forum section also.

Thanks for all the kind words!

I have a question. I wanted to know what the rules are on double posting in other categories, or linking, etc, because I wanted to share this with the sci-fi forum section also.

In this case I'd say it's OK to make a link-post in the Sci-Fi forum.

EDIT: ...and frontpaged... don't want anyone to miss this beauty :sweet:

This is the first time i've seen a lego MAWLR and this is just amazing. I would definitely buy this if it was a actual set. Well done. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I think this is your best work, alienwar9.

It is not only "big", but it has the right atmosphere (excellent the choice of the background) and has a certain dynamism other creations have not!

Compliments, really.

I'd like to see it with advanced graphics and superhight resolution (such as 4k scaled to 720p)!

26,000 PEICES is SMALL!? Ridiculously amazing. And I thought it was tough foucusing long enough to build a 750-ish peice MOC in LDD!

CAD on,

Dakar

jep, that's huge, maybe not so huge like your

other Projects, but it's still huge!

It's fantastic how you bild such great and big mocs!

I don't visit this section, but I had to comment on this after seeing it on the front page. This is amazing. You must have the patience of a saint to do this digiMOC. Really impressive.

amazing, but as for CUUSOO, its a fantasy, i'm sure lego would not look at this even with 10,000 votes, just think of the price, WOW and its not a real/licenced thing, its just your imagination, its just too grand for lego, there's loads of BIG stuff they could make, more ucs starwars ships, larger modular buildings, architect / sculpture stuff, etc etc.

However. it's amazing and you have a real talent and way too much time and patience.

I aupplaude you, well done.

I was hoping someone would build a MAWLR, and yours is amazing. :wub:

I love all the details on the body and head. And now we can see it mowing down the ISA with it's petrusite cannon. :devil:

The Helghast get all the best vehicles...

This is absolutely mindfreakingblowingly insane!

instructions please :wink:

This must have taken a year or so to make :thumbup: