Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG - Quest #24 Hunt for the Draugr

I toss my holy bomb to Daxus Octavian

Dont use this until the Viking battle.

I catch the holy bomb.

Thanks! I won't.

Edit: Added to stats.

After looking over the map, I am beginning to wonder if it is really only one draugr. After all, why are there no reports from the places through which the draugr would have to travel?

Edited by LEGOman273

After looking over the map, I am beginning to wonder if it is really only one draugr. After all, why are there no reports from the places through which the draugr would have to travel?

"Aye. The sightings seem to follow a trail from the graveyard to the Staugh Castle, but yet there are sightings in the Heavenly Field as well, but no one saw it between the Graveyard and the Field. Perhaps we should go there, after the Graveyard. Perhaps there is a secret tunnel of some sort between the two points. How is a Draugr usually raised from the dead, Cleric Wulf? Does it raise itself, or is there necromancy involved?"

Is the draugr recognizable? Perhaps the reports are of attacks, not sightings. He is taking revenge only on those who have wronged him, so perhaps people have seen him, but did not know who it was.

"He probably looks terrifying, and like a viking. Which means a ridiculous helmet with horns sticking out from the side."

"He probably looks terrifying, and like a viking. Which means a ridiculous helmet with horns sticking out from the side."

Look for a cliché "Viking". Got it.

OOC You do know that they did not really wear horned helmets, right?

And they were not called "Vikings", they were called Norsemen. "Viking" was a verb meaning to pillage and plunder.

One would "go viking".

Look for a cliché "Viking". Got it.

OOC You do know that they did not really wear horned helmets, right?

And they were not called "Vikings", they were called Norsemen. "Viking" was a verb meaning to pillage and plunder.

One would "go viking".

"Yeah."

OOC: I know :wink:

A viking we will go... a viking we will go... high ho a cherryho a viking we will go...

"One enemy, yes, but since he is Undead, nothing but elemental weapons and healing will hurt him. This will be a tough battle, I am sure, and I relish the challenge. Needless to say, I am sure we will have some random encounters other battles to fight on our way."

"This demon will not die except through prayer and fasting," replied Monk Pretzel sagaciously... [Oh, sorry, clerically!]

OOC: Look at Daxus Octavian's avatar. About us undead looking a Viking as you will ever see...sorry Norseman.

I catch the holy bomb.

Thanks! I won't.

Are you sure you caught it? Tossing bombs is not something to be done at home. :sadnew:

"Aye. The sightings seem to follow a trail from the graveyard to the Staugh Castle, but yet there are sightings in the Heavenly Field as well, but no one saw it between the Graveyard and the Field. Perhaps we should go there, after the Graveyard. Perhaps there is a secret tunnel of some sort between the two points. How is a Draugr usually raised from the dead, Cleric Wulf? Does it raise itself, or is there necromancy involved?"

"I think you may be right," muttered Monk Pretzel, after stroking his beard for a while, "however, Cleric Wulf told us it was only one and I have been taught to always believe a fellow cleric so..."

"Hmmm.... what does he have for sale?"

OOC: I am going to be gone from Tuesday until Thursday, sorry :(

The man opens his crate, and for 5 gold you can get a potion, and another 5 for a tonic.

After all, why are there no reports from the places through which the draugr would have to travel?

Lots of the parts are woods, and people just don't walk through the woods everyday, so they could've missed it. I'm not saying your theory is wrong either.

"It raises itself by one of the most powerful magic ever, revenge..... Though each has its own weakness, that's why we are doing research at the cemetery, so we can see which person rose from the dead, and then look up their weakness."

Is the draugr recognizable? Perhaps the reports are of attacks, not sightings. He is taking revenge only on those who have wronged him, so perhaps people have seen him, but did not know who it was.

The red areas also show sightings, sorry. "I don't think it's recognizable, it is dead after all..."

"This demon will not die except through prayer and fasting,"

"Bah! I will not malnutrition and steal myself away from the world, for the sake of doing the same thing that a Holy Bomb would."

Alisha buys two potions from the man selling them, leaving her with no gold.

"Better safe than sorry," she mutters under her breath.

"Bah! I will not malnutrition and steal myself away from the world, for the sake of doing the same thing that a Holy Bomb would."

"Good Idea." I buy two potions, and I now have no gold left.

Edit: Stats updated.

Edited by LEGOman273

"But if you pray and fast you would need to spend the money on the Holy Bomb. Thus, you defeat the enemy and save your money. Furthermore, since you are fasting, you also save money on food." :tongue: [but Monk Pretzel did not actually stick out his tongue]

Still Monk Pretzel had a difficult decision in front of him. Give up his precious, hard-earned (yeah, right!) gold or not. He loved his gold, immensely so, but...

Sometimes the spiritual head has to give up his gold for the sake of others, he thought.

Perhaps it will further my cause in converting them, he mentally and hopefully added.

"The potion seems the more useful item in this quest, but the tonic is awfully tempting as they are selling them dirt cheap in comparison to what one can buy them for elsewere, however, being that I am the only man with ether on the team, I would deem it pretty pointless, at least for this quest, but...what say ye all?"

I buy Monk Pretzel a tonic as he is too silly to do it himself.

"You are too kind...I hope you did not spend my gold on it."

Turning to Cleric Wulf he said, "2 tonics for me please. Would not want Leo outdoing me." :grin:

OOC: Or should I go for 1 and 1?

Edited by palathadric

With that Monk Pretzel purchases one tonic and one potion, and that's final.

OOC: Got to go will change statistics later.

The merchant hands you all your potions and tonics. (TheBoyWonder, I did not include your tonic you bought for palathadric, he can buy things himself, also, you are party leader until Flare gets back.)

clericcharacter.jpg

"Remember, the roads are dangerous, each time you travel, there is a 50/50 chance of being attacked, either by bandits, those cursed Gnorf Raiders, or even the cunning Clan Canute." So, we shall go research at the cemetery?

The merchant hands you all your potions and tonics. (TheBoyWonder, I did not include your tonic you bought for palathadric, he can buy things himself, also, you are party leader until Flare gets back.)

clericcharacter.jpg

"Remember, the roads are dangerous, each time you travel, there is a 50/50 chance of being attacked, either by bandits, those cursed Gnorf Raiders, or even the cunning Clan Canute." So, we shall go research at the cemetery?

"Aye, we'll go to the cemetery! And woe befall any bandit, raider, or Canute who steps in our way!"

"Yes, off we go to pray over the dead."

Fasting commences...

Edited by palathadric