Danger19

LEGO VIP program

Hello everybody. I'm obviously new here, just found the site about a month ago. How does everybody use their VIP rewards? Save them or redeem them? I have a habit of just saving them up. My girlfriend always asks me why i don't redeem them. I guess im just saving up so one day my trip to the LEGO store will be free.

I went back about 5 pages and tried using the search function, nothing came up, so if this already has a thread i apologize.

I use them when available, no point in saving them (in my opinion) because the savings will be the same today or 1 month from now, albeit maybe more.

But my bank balance will stay the same.

Also, if I were to drop dead then those unspent rewards will never be used. :laugh:

I use them when I go to the LEGO store. I don't get there very often, so I have a decent amount to spend. Not as much as I could, however, since I do the majority of my shopping at TRU. I hate waiting. :blush: Otherwise I'd order online more from S@H.

Well actually I have been having troible getting it to work. I originally set up an account whe I started to use the LEGO store website for the first time back last year, but my account was always showing as 'No active card.' and none of my pruchases ever showed up as points? They were always in the possibly outstanding waitning to be added section but never actually in it even months later.

I queried this when i recently went to a LEGo store and they asked me for my VIP card and when I said that I did not actually have a card as I did it online they looked at me confused. They then gave me a card and said to merge it with my online account.

I have been trying to do this but cannot find any way of doing it? I have e-mailed the customer service a couple of times and they have told me they have resolved it but still it was showing as 'No active card.' and no points. I tried to call LEGO customer Service and they have been through various things setting up new online cards and new USER IDs but still it is showing no points? I really do not understand what is going on or why it is proving so hard to get registered as I am certain it should be easy. I have just e-mailed them back today again as nothing is showing.

Has anyone else had any problems registering for the VIP card account and if so how was it resolved?

If I finally manage to get any points on my card ever, then I do plan to save them up until perhaps I go to a LEGO store and maybe I can get a couple of free PAB cups or some larger set at half price or something like that? Alternatively if they come out with a new train I may use them for this.

Saving them up. Eventually I'll probably be able to go to a LEGO store and buy everything free (I only go about twice a year, so I should have plenty of time to save up)

I know it makes no sense to save up ... but it'd be ever so much fun to walk in and say:

"yeah I'll take that SSD -

Do you want to use your points? -

Sure.

It's free!

Teehee"

I save mine up. Eventually, I'll walk into the local Lego store and get some stuff for free. Or at least discounted.

Edited by GeluNumber1

I wouldn't save them up past a certain amount, because you can never be sure what might happen to a company (or, indeed, in your own life).

There is something very satisfying about knowing that you have £30 or something in the bank, ready for when you need a discount though! I prefer to save them a little bit, and get a chunk of money off something, as opposed to taking £5 off here or there.

If you've got a block stored up, it's easier to buy a big set on impulse when there's an offer - e.g. I bought Imperial Flagship with 10% off + some VIP rewards, and that made the price too good to miss...it can be helpful to get you to buy things you think you probably can't afford! (I'm not sure helpful is the right word! :laugh: )

I've started saving mine.

Was quite thrilled the other week when I discovered an old stamp card with 5 stamps on in my room. I went and got it converted over to my VIP card and got 75 points :laugh:

I'll move this to the Embassy, where the VIP program talk usually takes place.

For me it depends. Sometimes I use them on sets but I like to plan out my points . If there's sonething special coming up then I will save them ( like at moment i'am ready or may the forth with at least £15 off hehe). I don't like 'wasting them' on tiny sets like battle packs. I like the feeling of them being spent responsibly and for them to make a difference. For example £5 off isn't much when compared with £20 off.

I usually wait until I have $25 or so to use them unless its double vip points as you lose out on the double points.

I always save them until I can buy a fairly large set for free. It really does feel good. :classic:

Just getting little polybags every time you receive $5 to me feels like nothing.

I don't buy Lego often enough to justify saving up for a free large set; most of my orders are mid-to-large sized complex sets, so I generally take whatever savings I've got and apply it to my purchase.

However, I did get a Quad Bike from the Technic line for only 10 USD at the store when they applied the savings I had on my card with the one I had made from a much larger item in the same purchase. You can't do that at the S@H website, oddly enough.

I save all my points up till the end of the year after xmas but before my kids birthday in Jan. We march in the LEGO store and I let them loose to get whatever they want and I get a few Technic sets. Last year we over 800.00 so we cleaned up. This also solves the issue of asking for LEGO from my family for the holidays and never getting any since its a "kids toy" to them.

Matt

I'm saving mine. Just seems like it'd be more fun to get something big than to just use them here and there.

My new goal is saving for 10221 Super Star Destroyer. I'm about $100 in right now. I have a few purchases to make from S@H, then there's 10228 and 10229 coming out in a few months. That'll be another couple hundred points.

I usually spend as I go. Starting about now, though, I save up for when my wife shops for my birthday (October) and Christmas. This helps ease some of our christmastime spending.

I tend to go to the LEGO store a lot (usually weekly), so it's not a big deal either way if I save or spend right away

Edited by Drock

I usually just save them up when shopping on-line and them use them when I go to a store in person to treat myself to a "free" gift while my wife is off shopping in the mall.

It was funny one afternoon, I was filling a tightly packed PAB cup listening to the girl at the cash register tell people "you have five/ten/twenty dollars on your VIP card, would you like to use that today?" She sounded like she'd said that so many times a day she probably mumbled it in her sleep. Finally, after I'd finished my cup and picked up a couple modular buildings, I handed her my card and she squealed "OMG you've got over $2000 on your card!" in a voice that I'm surprised didn't draw the attention of mall security.

A little embarrassed that all eyes in the store were now on me, I quietly replied, "Shh, don't tell my wife what it takes to earn that..."

I usually just save them up when shopping on-line and them use them when I go to a store in person to treat myself to a "free" gift while my wife is off shopping in the mall.

It was funny one afternoon, I was filling a tightly packed PAB cup listening to the girl at the cash register tell people "you have five/ten/twenty dollars on your VIP card, would you like to use that today?" She sounded like she'd said that so many times a day she probably mumbled it in her sleep. Finally, after I'd finished my cup and picked up a couple modular buildings, I handed her my card and she squealed "OMG you've got over $2000 on your card!" in a voice that I'm surprised didn't draw the attention of mall security.

A little embarrassed that all eyes in the store were now on me, I quietly replied, "Shh, don't tell my wife what it takes to earn that..."

WHAAAT. What on earth could you have purchased adding up to that. I only have £10 on my card :blush: .If your wife finds out i think you may be in trouble :tongue: .

(If ShaydDeGrais wife is waching it only takes $0.50 of purchases to add up to that :wink::wink::grin: )

Edited by The Joker1

WHAAAT. What on earth could you have purchased adding up to that. I only have £10 on my card :blush: .If your wife finds out i think you may be in trouble :tongue: .

(If ShaydDeGrais wife is waching it only takes $0.50 of purchases to add up to that :wink::wink::grin: )

Well... To paraphrase the late US Senator Dirksen "A billion (bricks) here, a billion (bricks) there, pretty soon you're talking real money."

As vices go, Lego is easier on my liver than drinking, kinder to my lungs than smoking and has a better average return on investment than gambling, for what it's worth... :blush:

Well you do have a good point. And you right about it having a better return than gambleing. apparntly for every £10 you spend you win £1. Doesnt sound too good to me :classic: .