AwesomeStar

A Hurried End [Avalonia]

Hello all,

The other week I challenged myself to having a go at landscaping. I enjoy creating landscapes within the Castle theme but generally my attempts fall short. Thanks to Derfel's guide I came up with a few ideas and produced this bignette(?). This is also my first attempt at building a decorative base around the MOC.

Here is the Flickr description:

"Medium-sized vignette made for the Avalonia guild of Eurobrick's Historica. An old peasant caught stealing grain is to be executed by an Avalonian guard patrol just off the lake side when they are interrupted by a passing knight adorned with the insignia of a Lion. Apologies for the photographic (un)quality. I was in a rush to take them before I took apart the build for use in a WIP and neglected to set up my studio".

And here are a couple of pictures. They link to their Flickr pages.

6843311139_ba6353b663.jpg

IMG_1304 by AwesomeStar, on Flickr

6843380259_0fd623c029.jpg

IMG_1324 by AwesomeStar, on Flickr

Flickr set.

Thanks for looking. Comments and criticism are welcome!

-A.S.

The moc is great! I can see that DC has inspired you (I think he inspired the most of us!) but your own style is also there! The fence position is great and makes the whole moc looks more alive!

And are we Avalonians that hard? To execute a peasant for stealing grain? :tongue:

Yeah, Avalonia isn't that peace-minded and friendly as they always tell us :laugh:

Great MOC!

So, we Nocturni are the bad guys?

Poor avalonian peasant, your masters can't feed you, so you have to steal grains?

I'm thinking that Avalonian 'will to execute' is as a matter of fact a way to control population spread!

I'll say this. Anyone steals here in Merodaquinas. They all now the Vipers are in constant observation, and whoever gets caught, will be introduced to a year of forced labour. And whoever gets caught twice, will be hanging in two days. So everyone follows the rule, as we don't accept excuses!

So, it's not your peasant's fault: your problem is lack of autority! Or unemployment? Maybe if he had some land to farm or some work to do he wouldn't steal!

- Nice 'bignette' :thumbup: The photo is a little dark, maybe you could try lightning it up a bit next time!

Edited by Cij Daoke

From where Tharn comes from in Mitgardia, the peasant that caught this thief would have done the beheading on the spot. wasting money on patrols is for the weak.

Still, this work is really cool. The details are very nice and even though there is no snow in there, we could see vacationing in this land. Or perhaps letting you serve us there. My favorite part of this creation is the trees though. They are very nice and a good use of the pipes. The pine tree out of palms looks good to.

Nice Bignette! I like the fir, the fence and the I would say you've done a good job with the landscaping. It's good to see another execution MOC. Nice job!

Thank you all for your comments, folks! :sweet: I had an extremely enjoyable (and profitable) birthday yesterday, so expect more from me soon, Bricklink be willing.

@de Gothia - I agree about the fence, I felt that if I made it somewhat higgedly-piggeldy it would create a more 'lived-in' atmosphere for the environment.

Great to see that my MOC has inspired some of the Historica-brand competitive spirit in this thread! :laugh:

-A.S.