Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

Time Bandits by V&A Steamworks

[pid][/pid] 203C

Thanks to our News Scout SirSven7 who found this, I decided to share this beutiful MOC with you. This is a scene from the movie Time Bandits and was built by Flickr user V&A Steamworks.

6834355959_bd5dacf2c6_z.jpg

I must admit I have not seen the movie, but here's a poster I found online:

10.%20Time%20Bandits-1.jpg

Note that the giant's head is built with Duplo! And even without it, it's a fine medium-sized ship we have here!

FLICKR LINK

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp] soon!

Michael Palin, John Cleese, and Sean Connery? I must've heard about this movie and just forgotten to check it out :-p

At any rate, that there's Duplo blocks in a very well executed MOC surprises and amazes me. I've always wanted to use Duplo blocks in a MOC. I really want that new 14X2X2 Duplo arch in white, tan, black, or grey... In Brick terms, that's 28X6X4, a real win in my book since the arch opening would be 12 studs :-p Another piece I like is that tan angled arch thing they have in the Duplo Cars line... I just need to order some :-p

Anyway, that MOC is killer.

This is an awesome MOC! I really love the size of the ship, and the yellow platform works so well.

Aw man, I loved that movie! I saw it with my friends when I was in the Navy, and this moc definitely captures the ship perfectly! That scene where they end up on top of the Giant's head was hilarious!