Sign in to follow this  
The Legonater

Security Issue?

Today, I've been absolutley harrassed on Eurobricks by one of those security pop-ups, saying:

"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click here for options..."

I've never encountered this pop-up before on Eurobricks, and now it seems to be coming up on every second page. No other sites are coming up with it. What should I do?

Screenshot:

pop-up.jpg

I think it's being discussed here. I think the general idea is that the forum isn't directly attacking your computer, and that these anti-virus things do this a lot, so it's no real issue.

I think it's being discussed here. I think the general idea is that the forum isn't directly attacking your computer, and that these anti-virus things do this a lot, so it's no real issue.

I had suspeced as much, but the fact that it seems to come up every other page is getting irritating, fast. default_hmpfbad.gif

So stop using the most out dated browser on the web

switch to Chrome, or firebox.

So stop using the most out dated browser on the web

switch to Chrome, or firebox.

I"m using Chrome right now and I get these messages too.

Same here.

Look for something on the page that's missing. My bets would be an advert, someone's avatar or an image in someone's signature.

Maybe you can link to the specific thread, like mentioned it's probably someone's avatar or something in their signature. If it was coming from EB you'd see it everywhere.

I am getting similer messages.

I don't get them on my computer (Apple), but I do on my phone (Android).

What?!?!, On your Android phone? That's a first for me, since Android doesn't have active X controls.

What?!?!, On your Android phone? That's a first for me, since Android doesn't have active X controls.

It doesn't have anything to do with ActiveX or plugins at all. The message indicates that something on the page is being served over https, but from a site whose certificate doesn't appear to be valid. I've not seen it all using IE9, anyone using older browsers might want to check they have the latest versions of the root certificates installed from Windows Update (or the Mac/Android equivalents).

A link to a page that causes the error consistently might help pinpoint the cause.

It doesn't have anything to do with ActiveX or plugins at all. The message indicates that something on the page is being served over https, but from a site whose certificate doesn't appear to be valid. I've not seen it all using IE9, anyone using older browsers might want to check they have the latest versions of the root certificates installed from Windows Update (or the Mac/Android equivalents).

A link to a page that causes the error consistently might help pinpoint the cause.

That's what I've been getting.

I'm on my computer now, and have had no problems. It's just my phone. :hmpf_bad: