Cunctator

MOC: corner antique store

indexed.gif B-OM-12D

Hi all,

It’s a build of almost a year ago, anyway in the past days I changed here and there some little details and did better photos. I thought it was a good idea to share it on EB so here it’s:

dscf1596-550.jpg

dscf1597-550.jpg

An attempt of a store of antiquities or better old furnitures :sweet:

dscf1601-550.jpg

dscf1600-550.jpg

dscf1602-550.jpg

Hope you like it and let me know your comments, criticism, suggestions..

Excellent creation 'Cunctator', I like the king size bed and the sock on the floor.....nice touch ! :grin:

Great furniture in the store and in the living areas of the building.....plus I :wub: the windows and window drapery (brick-built curtains). :classic:

Brick On 'Cunctator' !

Very very nice!!!

There's a nice harmony in the facade and the colours match each other quiet well. Perhaps I miss a little more detaling above the windows in the middle floor... But thats peanuts :wink:

Love your store!!! :sweet:

Very nice indeed! :thumbup: Colors, architecture (though I agree with MadManMingo about the middle floor), and interior; I'd just hide the half turntable at the shop's entrance.

And funny enough that the corner building I'm currently working on also uses the Emerald Night slopes above the shop windows...

"Just another modular..." pfffft, as if!! It's brilliant.

I particularly love the interior, the details are outstanding. :classic: Well done.

Excellent MOC. I really like the division of function between the floors.

I really like the furniture in the living areas and the items “for sale” on the ground floor.

I look forward to more of your work.

Andy D

Thanks to all for the nice comments, I’m glad you liked it :blush:

sock on the floor.....nice touch

The guy on the couch infact was just blamed by his japanese wife :sweet:

I'd just hide the half turntable at the shop's entrance

Ops, some tiles and two cheese slope and it will look better!

And, yes those emerald slopes are perfect to be used as sunshade!

Love the ornamental arches over the windows. Are they painted? as Bricklink only shows them as being avaliable in White, Red and Yellow.

No, in the portal of atlantis set (8078) there are 4 in black

Thanks, I was looking at the older style part number 2145 on Bricklink. :hmpf:

I like it a lot! I agree about the part above the windows on the tan floor, but the windows are lovely. And the dark green curved EN slopes do look great. I'd tile the ground floor if I were you - but then again I'm not :)

Really great building. I was toying with the idea of doing a corner antique shop, but never took it further than just thinking about it. The second floor windows are easily my favorite element - I might need to do something similar in the future. :classic:

That is a very nice building Cunctator. :thumbup:

I really like how you used the black fences above the windows at the first floor, and the black arches above the second floor windows.

But I have to agree with the others. I a missing the gutter between the second floor and the roof.

My first impression was the the first floor is too dark using just black bricks, but after seeing the interiors, it actually goes well together. Sort of dark and misterious, as you never know what you'll find in the antiques store. The dark green Emerald slopes are a nice touch, and the interior is amazing with many details. Well, socks should be kept off the floor. :tongue: As a whole, it's a great corner modular building and is really well done. :thumbup:

Thanks to all for the nice comments and suggestions: I think I will do some trials on the part above the windows of the tan floor :wink:

Wow. This is very wel done. The windows are very beautiful and the interior looks great. Love the `antique` in the store. The other floors are very good to. Love to see more of your work.