devinebc

34 Gun Warship

Wow looks really good, very clean. I have to caution against those lower gun ports though, they appear so close tot eh water line, that the slighted swell, let alone pitch or roll of the hull and the sea would flood right through them.:pir_wacko: perhaps add more hull underneath them to raise her out of the water more or go for a lower rating by plugging them up?

Very nice ship! Looks quite accurate to me.

I now realize that the striped masts I thought to see on your other model are in fact plain white :pir-classic:

I agree with kurigan on the low gunports though, and how about making the railings longer? Like this:

Example1.png

I think this makes it look more like a late 18th century ship. And you could also make a red stripe at the forecastle.

Anyway, good job. Keep it up!

I have to caution against those lower gun ports though, they appear so close tot eh water line,

I would agree with kurigan.

And I agree that this ship has very clean lines and looks really good. :thumbup:

A small nit-pick from me, would be for you to add some fancy windows to the captain's cabin. :pir-grin:

This ship looks fantastic, but I would defenitely change the windows in the stern galleries for some windows which fit better in the time period. Your ship looks like a late 18th century ship which had different side galleries.

These are very hard to build, but consider the stern as the crown on your work. :pir-wink: I would also recommend to place the mizzen mast a little more towards the stern, and the fighting tops should be located somewhat higher.

I would also like to compliment you on the headrails, it looks great and is very hard to achieve! :thumbup:

And, does she have a name already? :pir-classic: