Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

LDD MOC: Old Fashioned Train Station

This station was desgined first by LEGO as set 4554, Metro Station. It was recreated by someone on brickshelf,(I forgot the username, it was a while ago.) but had an added "street side", that was almost identical as the track side, and it was a stub end type station. (unlike now!) I downloaded it and added: a expanded, redesigned platform, changed the colors to tan / brown / black, made a clock with sign for both sides, and made the sections removable. (Yes, the roof for both levels come off.) Also, the new ribbed colums, side facing windows, and brown fencing were my idea as well.

Here are the pics:

1328662439m_DISPLAY.jpg

Track side

13286624442_DISPLAY.jpg

Street side

13286624431_DISPLAY.jpg

Head-on (track side)

13286624493_DISPLAY.jpg

Birds eye view... kinda looks like this symbol: { ...doesn't it?

Here is the Old Fashioned Station LXF. Comments, questions, & etc. are welcome!

P.S. there is an inside, but I forgot to take pictures of it. Really all there is inside is:

Floor 1: Two ticket counters & several seats.

Floor 2: Counter with drawers, coffee machine, and a huge computer. (All the old Switching / tracking equipment was replaced a while ago.)

EDIT: While posting this MOC of a train station, the song "White Room", by "Cream", came onto my radio. How wierd that the song takes place near / at a railway station. I wonder what the odds are for that!

Edited by Murdoch17

Very well done. I recently picked up this set off of ebay. After building the modular sets i was thinking the train station needed to be doubled up. I like what you did with the front, nice work.

I'd always thought that the original 4554 Metro Station looked a bit out of place as a large mass of yellow. Sure it was a large structure, but nowadays it definitely looks like a set from another era.

I like the redesign you've made and I think the colour choice definitely fits in with the Mod buildings. I guess I'm now off to Bricklink

WOW! Your tan version looks so much more realistic than the yellow one. And the work you did on the front with the steps is awesome. Please post pictures of the real one when you get it built. Great job!

Thanks for the compliments, though I can't take all the credit. I found the orginal file on Brickshelf about a year ago, (built on Design by me section of LDD)and I basically ran with the concept, taking it way farther than it first looked. It was white with huge wall panels, non-removable roof, no inside, and no platform to speak of, along with other stuff. (it was a end-of-track kinda thing.)

Anyway, I'm going to get the majority of the parts from LEGO, but there's always the possiblity of it comming down to Bricklink for all the parts. Hopefully though I can get it through LEGO.

I just hope I have enough room room left for the station...

Edited by Murdoch17