Sign in to follow this  
74louloute

History of the Labyrinth

History of the Labyrinth :

Daedalus created the Labyrinth on Crete, in which the Minotaur (part man, part bull) was kept. In the story of the labyrinth Hellenes told, the Athenian hero Theseus is challenged to kill the Minotaur, finding his way with the help of Ariadne's thread.

After that, Daedalus and his son Icarus were jailed in the Labyrinth by Minos, king of Crete. In order to escape, they made wings with feathers and wax. Just before to flight, Daedalus warned Icarus not to fly too high, because the heat of the sun would melt the wax, nor too low, because the sea foam would soak the feathers. But Icarus didn't listen to his father, and fell into the sea and drowned.

6836512419_0e60733198_z.jpg

3_800_600.jpg

4_800_499.jpg

Your comments on this tragic story are welcome ! :wink:

Edited by 74louloute

Great MOC all around. Several things are worth of note here. First, I love the position of all the minifigs. The minotaur's pose is just perfect, as is Theseus' posture. Second, I really like how you recreated typical facets of Greek architecture. The use of those 1x2 briks with the slit at front is perfect for making the metopes and triglyphs most Greek (Dorian) temples had. The decoration on the wall and the construction of the pilars is well thought-out. Nice SNOT-working there :wink: .

My favorite part is how you show us the scene. In other words, how you cut off certain parts so we can see others. Nicely done.

Fantastic MOC! This is beautifully designed, from the floor and wall mosaics to the wing contraptions of Icarus and Daedalus. I wish there were more MOCs depicting mythologic scenes.

Wonderful MOC! I couldn't help but notice the first picture before I read your little intro, and knowing the story, it was delightful to immediately recognise that they were building the wings. :thumbup:

On a side note: I'm building a Napoleonic warship named the HMS Icarus so it was nice to see the man himself. :grin:

Beautiful work! The dislocation in time between the story of Thesus and the Minotaur and that of Daedalus and Icarus is very well dealt with, and the view through the window the perfect touch. :thumbup: Despite being pretty much comprised of stone walls, the whole scene has a very airy feel to it that resonates well with Icarus's story. I love the repeating patterns on the walls and floors, and the minifig posing is great as well. A work of art! :classic::thumbup: