Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Morse

Spongebob's Flying Dutchman

Y'know... I'm pretty sure that if this Flying Dutchman ship came out and was made of all-glow in the dark bricks... I'd orgasm.

Right there.

Instantly.

His ship, as I recall rcently, actually has two masts, it's a rager large ship, different thant the one in the game.

It's a three master...

Perhaps they still have the molds from the carribean clipper / renegade runner since this looks to be another example of a small ship. I am however not sure if these hulls were still used in the recent 4+ pirate series or other sets whit small boats are included.

I hope so, but it does need 1 or 2 center sections, maybe we finally get big black or gray mid pieces!

... I'd orgasm.

Right there.

Instantly.

ewww... ewwwww.... could you be less disgusting? ewwww.... :-X :-X i just threw up my breakfast...

I can be MORE disgusting...mmmmm...pre chewed and pre heated breakfast! yummmmm! :)

Any who thats abit off subject. One thing I noticed during that spongebob episode was that there are no visible cannons, lots of rope and barrells and stairs, but no cannons.

ewww... ewwwww.... could you be less disgusting? ewwww.... :-X :-X i just threw up my breakfast...

Well, no cannons means this could be a nice MOC project to get that solved!

The ship's base color and interior is a light orangish brown and glows with a green tint. I would love it, if it is glow in the dark, because as youre probably all aware, I love them ghostly ships. If I recall correctly the ship's interior was rather spars.

I'm thinking along the lines of the dementor minifigs. Those guys are also mono-legged, remember? X-D
yes, but that would be way less cool than all-glow-in-the-dark (especially GITD torsos and legs) !!!

im with jinzo on this one X-D

- BrickMiner

so young and niave are some of you. Lego isn't going to use the old pirate hulls just because the ship is rather small, infact they might even make a new one. And the liklihood that all the pieces ship will be glow in the dark is slim. it will either be brown or blackn and probably with a few trans neon or GITD elements, but just barely enough of them to be accurate. I think we can also expect the fig to be mainly GITD but we should also have learned by now that elements like tricorns wont come out in GITD under current management because that would just be too cool, and the lego company doesnt want to blow our minds because that would violate their violence policy, or be sexually stimulated by sets because that would violate their sex policy, that is if they have one. So in conclusion I think when this set comes out, the best we can expect is the new ship hull in black and a dutchman with a GITD body and a black tricorn.

well, that was a possitive reply |-/

i think we are all just "wishfull thinking" here... its fun to imagine the all possiblilties (and the best ones) ;-) even if we know they will never come true.

- BrickMiner

Yeah, we're wishfully thinking... and I'm repeatedly confounded why set designers don't do the same.

We buy Lego, we build with it, we know what we want... but year after year...

... and a dutchman with a GITD body and a black tricorn.

Basically, that would be me after being subject to heavy radioactivity while wearing a tricorn hat! *alien* ;-)

Still hope for the old hulls though, although we all know they made new ones for the 7075 4+ ship. They could have sticked with the old 6285 and 6286 hull pieces (in a different color see if I care) but of course that would have been too cool for pirate fanatics who want to make MOC ships out of new sets. It is sad if the old hulls are truly gone forever... nice parts to build on.. only the second hand market will provide those... Why change something that is built to last? If I would have had a place on the Lego board of directors, their ship would sail a different but steady direction for sure.. :-(

This ship could offer an interesting base, but I have a feeling we will get something like the Durmstrang Ship or something totally new and probably lame. BUT, we can hope. I would love a standard black or brown ship hull... even if its new, as long as its good, I will be happy!

I am not a big fan of glow in the dark parts, but you guys are probably right, as for playability sake, it will be glow in the dark!

Heres to hoping!

Here is a good picture of the Fly'in Dutchman Ship from SB Credited to XwingYoda.

flyin_dutch_ship.jpg

what you did like my pics? "sniff"

Here is a good picture of the Fly'in Dutchman Ship from SB Credited to XwingYoda.

flyin_dutch_ship.jpg

COuld be good as long as they don't give us an ugly glow in the dark hull! We need something that has more OPTIONS!!

My guess, is, well there is a couple

1.GITD Stickers :-X

2. If a GITD hull was ABSOLUTELY needed, I'd suspect the 4+ hulls to be the ones.

3. Maybe a new piece for the Dutchman's legs...er, tail. *sweet*

4. Maybe just a play set :-|

My hopes are up for the return of the old hull pieces :-)

I'm sorry to revive such an old topic and double post...but...

What ever happened to this set? Just a failed rumor set I believe?

*n* On the topic of the flying dutchman, you know what gets me really mad? That TLC did not get the pirates of the caribbean movie license. They could have done some amazing things, but NOOOOOO..... Mega BLoks gets it! *n* :-X

Just a failed rumor set I believe?

Yup.

I know it is a failed rumor set etc... but wasn't the ship called 'the Flying Dutchman'... what is all this about 'the Flying Dutchman's ship'? (the legend not SB).

Thanks and God Bless,

Nathan

The Flying Dutchman :capn:

"According to folklore, the Flying Dutchman is a ghost ship that can never go home, but is doomed to sail "the seven seas" forever. The Flying Dutchman is usually spotted from afar, sometimes glowing with ghostly light. If she is hailed by another ship, her crew will often try to send messages to land, to people long since dead. The sight of this phantom ship is reckoned by seafarers to be a portent of doom."

I like the 'portent of doom' X-D