harnbak

MOC: Spirit of Progress

I have taken the liberty to post this wonderful MOC by Austinniya.

Engine:

Photo removed on request.

Tender:

Bagage:

He is not all too happy with the pictures but they cannot disguise the beauty of his creation! On FB he writes:

I'm not happy how the photo's have turned out but here is the start of the "Pro Photo's"-which means 'Building finally finished, just needs painting, stickers and lettering now'.

EDIT: Austinniya is a HE :blush:

(I apologise for posting the links instead of pictures: flickr access is blocked on work and the suggestions in http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55190 did not work for me. Can anyone help me and remove this comment between brackets - thank you)

Edited by harnbak
Images added

So this is a train that has been build by a girl? That's a first I think? :classic:

I really like the colours she has used, the whole looks really smooth and fast.

You can right click on the image in Flickr, when viewing it in large size, you can copy the items location.

You can then put that link in here. I ran into the same problem last sunday. :laugh:

Wow she's good!

Hello Everyone

Austinniya is actually a man and lives in Brisbane, mind you it would be nice if we did have some more FFOL's that were interested in building trains.

Welcome Austinniya. I'm glad Harnbak helped you find us. It's always nice to have outstanding LEGO Train builders join our community. Please feel free to share anything else about your Train interest in the Train Tech Registry. I'll modify that initial post to deeplink your images.

It's an outstanding train! :thumbup:

EDIT: I especially like the locomotive - great colors and a sleek design.

And if your really lucky; it might get picked up by www.railbricks.com - a real accolade!

Not bad at all 'Austinniya' as comparing it to this image...MM070587.jpg

In Lego it's very good indeed. :thumbup:

Welcome to EB as well and Brick On 'Austinniya' ! :classic:

Austinniya

The Spirit of Progress is great; well done.

I remember travelling on the S of P in 1959 from Albury to Melbourne in a sitting car and sleeping up on the luggage racks.

The best part though was eating scrambled eggs for breakfast in the dining car with silver cutlery and linen serviettes whilst the Victorian countryside whooshed past the window. Aaahhhhh! the glory days of train travel in Australia.

Thanks, lightning tiger for the photograph; it certainly brought back some fond memories.

Austinniya , next time you make the 3-4 hour trip to Brisbane, get in contact with the Brisbane Lego Train Group as we would love to see the S of P run around our layout at a model train show. :thumbup:

I wanna see the train but all the photos where removed :cry_sad:

All the more reason not to bump a 10-month old topic. For whatever reason, the creator asked that all images be removed. Topic closed.