Good work man, the video shows that the new motors are not much more fasters than a old one, I hope they are more powerfuls.

Dokludi, I suggest you save your body design (or shell as I shall refer to it) for the upcoming contest. The contest will be a competition of new body (or shells) for the chassis of the crawler. Yours would go far because it's nice and clean, plus the colors are good on it.

Sorry if this was off topic, but I felt like getting the word out.

Great job revearse engineering a flagship. :thumbup:

Good work man, the video shows that the new motors are not much more fasters than a old one, I hope they are more powerfuls.

Yeah, looks like the new L-motors are not really any better, certainly not much faster than the m-motor. :cry_sad:

I really hope the new servo is still what i'de hoped for.

My 9398 Replica - Update (Evo2)

With the stock wheels and tires it looks like a rock crawler. With the Power Puller wheels and tires it looks like a monster truck. Even though I personally like the latter better, considering what this model is supposed to be the former are the right choice.

Plus, I've already got a monster truck! :blush: Although this model is also motorized, it is only for show. The model can't drive at all without grinding of gears. This shows you how far LEGO have come is designing strong ABS parts that can withstand these large forces.

small.jpg

very nice work on the replica! I really like the look with the power puller wheels on it, it looks like a really cool monster truck.

tim

Your replica performs nicely; perhaps the 2H2012 9398 4x4 Crawler set will be better yet:

9398_A3.jpg

I still think that a MONSTER TRUCK should have the monster-sized Power Puller tires/wheels....

Edited by DLuders

@ dokludi: Your

allows Technic AFOLs to compare the driving abilities of your MOC with the new 9398 4x4 Crawler set. One can see how your MOC (made WITHOUT the upcoming PF "Large" and "Servo" motors) compares to the 9398's new PF components. HobbymediaIT's
is on the right, showing the 9398 set at Toy Fair 2012. You can actually play BOTH videos below at the same time; recommend starting the leftmost video at the 1:00 point and then starting the rightmost video:

It seems that the proportional steering of the new PF Servo Motor is more precise in the orange/white 9398 4x4 Crawler. Also, it seems to be geared for faster driving speeds than the red replica....

Edited by DLuders

Looks like the red truck has quite a bit of power for not using the new motors. After not seeing the actual set video in a while, I am somewhat impressed by the driving capabilities :thumbup: .

tim

Is the gear reduction changed from 10.8 up to 6.48 (for the power of the wheels)?