Sign in to follow this  
Ninja Nin

Final Duel [WIP]

gallery_101_23_281.gif

My first time joining the Community Build.

Although the deadline is end of March, I may only have a few February weekends to build.

So I 'll see how details I can go. :classic:

======================================================

My MOC : the classic moment during the Jedi Duel

Part 1 : Theed Power Generator - The Shaft

6823601225_2093bc7fbc_z.jpg

6823602347_8283fe6ec7_z.jpg

Wow this is a great build Ninja Nin, very nice job on the pit. How is Obi hanging there?

Wow! This is great!

By "Part 1", do you mean that there will be more Ep. I Duel MOCs?

My only criticizm is that Qui-Gon should be on the other side.

(Obi-Wan jumps, grabs lightsaber with right hand, and bisects Maul)

Edited by Legoman273

Looks nice. I would change all the black to dark bley, though. And Obi and Qui-Gon have the same color pants.

Nice MOC, I would love to see a wall behind Maul. My only beef is Obi-Wan's hairpiece. Crewcut?

Nice MOC, I would love to see a wall behind Maul. My only beef is Obi-Wan's hairpiece. Crewcut?

It is difficult to find a good hairpiece for him.

This is the one that TLG used in the "Fastest, funniest LEGO Star Wars" movies.

And the one that I will use, unless someone can suggest something else.

Out of TLG's hairstyle choices it suits TPM Obi Wan the best.

Very good! The detailing inside the shaft is excellent! If you continue with this MOC, it would be good if you would add a bit more to the top floor, like the surrounding walls and ray shields. As for Kenobi's hair, I think I like the old generic male hairpiece that he had in the Jedi defense set better. Besides, I think that fig is more official than the one from the stop motion film.

Please post a link in the sign-up thread once you've made any additions.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

This looks very cool! I think the Darth Maul scenes from Ep.I are an excellent choice for this community build, nice to see that you executed it so well. The detailling of the shaft walls look especially nice. I hope you'll continue your build, but even in this state it is a great MOC. :thumbup:

Executed very well. The over all piece is on point. I kinda dig the Obi Wan Fade ( i hear ice-ice baby in my head now ). :classic::thumbup:

My only criticizm is that Qui-Gon should be on the other side.

(Obi-Wan jumps, grabs lightsaber with right hand, and bisects Maul)

Qui-Gon was not on the right hand side in the movie. He has it shown correctly.

Nice MOC. The duel was my only fave part of the movie. :/

-Omi

Qui-Gon was not on the right hand side in the movie. He has it shown correctly.

Nice MOC. The duel was my only fave part of the movie. :/

-Omi

Oops. :blush: I guess I need to rewatch the movie.

I've always wanted to see this scene in LEGO, and your creation turned out well. I like the minifigure posing and tiled floor detailing, though I think the shaft itself could benefit from some reimagining.

To more accurately achieve the curvature of the shaft while retaining the one-stud beams of light, I would suggest building rounded sections using a variation on this technique. I also think the slits of light around the rim could be more convincing if they were thinner - when I look at the source material I'm reminded of the gaps for studs in pieces like this one. Something like this roof or a curved adaptation of this are also possibilities (if the latter is possible).

EDIT: Actually, I think that last technique with the partially assembled bricks would work wonderfully for the entire shaft.

Edited by Fallenangel

Great moc, I Love the detail in the shaft, but I think if you added some detail to the top like the walls and ray shields that would help complete the over all look.

Great MOC, but really...I hate it. :tongue: just kidding Thats the saddest part of TPM, Mauls demise...it look really good, I like the shot from below. Showing Maul and all his glory. :cry_happy:

For a WIP, it looks really good as is, and I can't wait to see the final product.

Edited by Legocrazy81

For a WIP, it looks really good as is, and I can't wait to see the final product.

I just noticed that it's a WIP as well, what more is they to add?

Hello ! Thank you everyone for the comments and advice !

As this is a work in progress, I will definitely extend it and also make some changes.

Mr Man - There is something for him to grip underneath.

Legoman273 - It's about time to watch Episode 1 3D to refresh our memories, :wink: I am excited about it !

JackJonespaw - I am saving dark gray as wall element later, I will leave the black pit for the moment and see how it looks overall at the end. And yes to same colour pants !

Dapper-D2 - Thanks !

rougueang - Yes I agree with Legoman273, I can't think of a good choice for Kenobi's hair, I will change it to the official one.

Oky - Thanks for blogging it ! :classic: I will add the walls and the shielded corridor, I see how far I can go, then I will post the link up.

Speedboat, lego envy, Omicron - Thanks to all !

Fallenangel - Thanks for the suggestions, I did tried a few methods to make thinner light slits around the rim, but failed :wacko: [only for the moment]. I will see if I can adapt that method into it.

John31388, Legocrazy81, Mr Man - I thought the saddest part of TPM is Qui-Gon's last words to Obi-wan. I will add more details to the scene like I said. Hopefully you will still like it.

Great MOC, but really...I hate it. :tongue: just kidding Thats the saddest part of TPM, Mauls demise...it look really good, I like the shot from below. Showing Maul and all his glory. :cry_happy:

He will be back in a month or so for TCW if you watch it.

Nice work, Ninja Nin. I'm not too crazy about the fluorescent trans-green grilles, but you've captured the scene well. :thumbup:

Thats the saddest part of TPM, Mauls demise...

No, the saddest part of Menace is Jar-Jar. :tongue:

I like how you did the curve for the shaft, very clean. I look forward to the rest! :classic: