Sign in to follow this  
Evil Stu

Nocturnus Guild Embassy in Avalonia

Deep within the confines of the Wither Wood in Avalonia lies a house avoided by the local inhabitants. Wildlife are said to become skittish and uneasy when near the house, and riders must dismount from their steeds and lead them on foot when travelling along the road in front of the house, lest they risk being thrown from the saddle. The house is used as a safe haven for emissaries from Nocturnus. Certain emissaries have a strong aversion to daylight, even the speckled light filtering through the canopy of the Wither Wood can not be endured, so this embassy allows travellers to rest and await the evening so that they can recommence their travels. The grounds also contain a shrine to the Hidden One, where travellers can leave offerings to ensure a safe journey.

6820959207_3b42ff9059_z.jpg

6820961135_f8718b730d_z.jpg

6820965661_22c9b85022_z.jpg

6820962913_fa922ac1da_z.jpg

6820963861_dd85895095_z.jpg

A very nice blend of the 2 styles, quite spooky. Dark brown an dark green is a great choice for this mood. I love the foliage, and the window technique. I see you had the same idea as me with the stone golems. Looks good! Beautiful posing for the vampire, too.

:classic:

This looks great! It fits in with surrounding Avalonia, but it also exudes a creepiness that obviously isn't from that land. Nice work! The dark brown walls look great. default_thumbup.gif

Good work! Nice dark version of the lush Avalonian nature. The wall with the small golems is very nice too.

I could really see parts of Nocturnus looking like this. The skeleton horse rider reminded me of a Sleepy Hollow-esqe flavor, and I really like it. The windows and frames are very well done, and I really like the top of the roof, the fencing out to the road, and I think the use of the mini-Golems is Brilliant! Very nice MOC - it will be a great addition to Avalonia!

Ha! I really like how this one looks like a real haven for the people of Nocturnus in the midst of Avalonia! :laugh: The building is very nice too and definitely has a sort of mystic/imposing atmosphere. Should take a shot at night! :wink:

Nice embassy Evil Stu! Good to see the Wither Woods being built in, i've been wondering what ppl would make of that area. :thumbup: I like the shrine and the wall - those little micro figs built into it look suitably creepy! The panelling technique on the house is interesting and you have achived some nice shaping there, although the corner of the roof looks a little odd - you might want to invest in some more of those double convex slope peices for roof corners. Anyway, great work! :classic: