Angeli

Llurth Dreir

Llurth Dreir is a Drow city, located deep inside The Mystic Isles, on the top of one of the highest hills.

It is Nocturnus embassy of the Drow in Avalonia, and it is in the only place where Drow would feel even a little secluded and safe.

Although originally part of the city Rilauven, contact with this remote outpost began to be so infrequent that the settlement got the status of the independent city. Matron mother claims that she has a hold over it, but it is yet to be seen.

thumb-llurth-dreair.jpg

2city-19.jpg3city-21.jpg

The city is located on the top of a peek, and it is highly inaccessible. Being in a middle of The Mystic Isles, water is everywhere. All that stale and swampy water that you see going trough the marches, here is fast, sparkly and always on the move. Lots of waterfalls, small lakes and caves filled with water.

In the city we can see two towers, from which eastern one is so high that we loose it in the clouds; on the same side there are a long stairs leading to it, with more then a hundred steps, but half of them are under the water now. To the south there are two small bridges over the creek, and on the north, glamorous bridge connecting two towers. Although this is an embassy rarely anybody that is not a Drow comes here. The hill is hollow, and part of it is taken by the city, and other parts, smaller caves, are occupied with wildlife and natives, and we can see a mother dragon feeding baby dragon with fish caught in a cave lake, filled with fluorescent fungi and plant life; and on one of the cliffs we can spot very wise looking creature, meditating. There is a lonely goat walking trough the pebbles on the hill road.

4city-04.jpg

5city-47.jpg6city-36.jpg

Stain windows, red marble, magic atrium, a cloud, underground entrance with a bars and a werewolf, all can be seen in the pictures here

The moc is 1.6m high, on a 48x48 base, and I barely lift it to take it to the panel for photographing, and I am much stronger than you know ;) the creation is not hollow, and is filled with bricks to the last spot. More then 3000 round plates 1x1 were used for floors, paths, walls, windows and red marble, and that is only info that I have, because I've used all I had :) I must say, I've never enjoyed so much building something on such a small base ;) and yet, it took me more time to build that black rock and stream of creek, then the whole cave and city. There are more then 60 pictures of pretty decent resolution in the folder, so pay attention to the details; I have not mentioned everything ;)

I proudly present to you: Llurth Dreir, the Drow embassy in Avalonia!

7dragon-01.jpgcity-58.jpg

city-59.jpgcity-60.jpg

8city-40.jpg9city-42.jpg

10city-30.jpg11city-29.jpg

girl-1.jpg

Here you can see some other Drow cities from me:

Lith My'athar

Menzoberranzan

Ched Nasad

Ust Natha

Chaulssin

Eryndlyn

Maerimydra

Twisted Tower of Ashaba

Ruined temple of Shar

Rilauven outpost in Mitgardia

Edited by Angeli

This is beautiful! I love the height, and the cloud at the tower. I really like the arches and roofing of the towers, and the lighting is cool, as usual with your MOCS. I am always blown away by the number of bricks you use with your MOCS. This thing is colossal for being on a 48x48. Nice job!

Edit: I don't know who let the Drow into the Mystic Isles in the first place, but we Elves are going to have to do something about this.

Edited by rogueang

That is awesome! The height of the build really makes this a grand embassy on the scale of baseplates we worked with.

Your style gives me chills, that's why i like it

The cloud on the tower really gives it the feeling of being really high

That's a nice build Angeli! Really impressive with the height, en the cloud is a great touch. But I do feel pity for the goat :tongue:

Damn Angeli, that is a lot of brick... makes for a very impressive embassy! I don't wonder that it weighs a ton. :oh3: Great idea having the top tower piercing a cloud like that. I can see lots of other nice touches too, like the teeth bars on the windows etc. :thumbup:

Thank you friends :)

I was wondering if anybody's going to notice teeth bars (they are white on red after all:); there are seven minifigs, not including dragons, goat, fish and other animals ;) I bet you can't find them all ;)

Notice that the top of the highest tower is a five-pointed star ;) And that there are nine levels of water ;) (That's why pictures are best seen large, clicking on them ;)

Also, if you fallow the link to the brickshelf folder, you will find many more details I've hidden inside ;)

Along Ched Nasad, I think this is the most elegant castle that I've build, and I've enjoy it SO much :) I will try to get my girl to pose near it, so you can get the feel how high it is (she is 180cm, and, on a desk, it is so much higher then she :))

And here are some details ;)

detail-01.jpgdetail-02.jpg

detail-03.jpgdetail-04.jpg

detail-05.jpgdetail-06.jpg

detail-07.jpgdetail-08.jpg

Like always, tons of details (literaly) and absolutely stunning!!

It certainly gives a Mystic Isles feeling (even I have never visited myself :tongue:) !

Very impressive. Gigantic and very detailed. I bet you can see the whole of Historica from the top of that tower!

Also really nice touches on the cloud, venetian bridge, cave and ofcourse the goat :)

Love the arches and the waterfall - the whole build has a sinister beauty; almost like the Drow took over Rivendell and redecorated. Yet another awe inspiring build :thumbup:

Now thats a stunning fantasy build! I just love that whole fantasy look this has with the interesting design and cloud at the top. Very epic and really worthy to be in the mystic Isles. :thumbup:

I always love the sheer size of your builds and use of red in all of your mocs keeps it nice and consistant, I love the cloud around the tower, real nice touch, good job :thumbup:

Wow. Massive. You have some serious free time on your hands. Clearly, you do not have young children. :wink:

Awesomeness Angeli!! Very tall, love the long stair case and cloud piercing tower!!

Dr Rod

Very impressive build Angeli. Keeping that cloud held together and the tower intact is a real test. This would look amazing in other colours too, in red on red, it is highly striking. The big red heart on the large tower is a sure giveaway of your real nature :laugh:

I love what you have been doing with your minifigs lately too, really nice combinations.

:classic:

A truly imposing, terrifying sight.

I can only imagine being a young elf warrior lost in the Mystic Isles, and running across...::shudder:: that thing.

Definitely one of the best Embassies I've seen so far.

My fellow Nocturnians! If anyone with ps skills wants to play with one of pictures of this city, please do so, so it can be better and more presentable (i.e. remove background:)

You could choose any picture from this folder, although I would suggest the first one on this thread (the one where you can see ceiling:) i.e. one of this two:

link 1 or link 2

Just remember, we have few more days to the deadline

With Nocturnus to victory! :)

tnx to Artanis I, this embassy now have a proper picture for the second challenge ;)

thumb-llurth-dreair.jpg

That´s one mean looking building! Great job on this, I like the arch on the back of the building!

With the height of this one it could be seen in all of Avalonia! :classic:

I´m coming over for a cup of tea my dear Drowmaster!

Edited by de Gothia

I´m coming over for a cup of tea my dear Drowmaster!

;)

Bring few slaves; someone has to paint the roof of the highest tower ;)

I've promised that I will take a picture near a real person so you can get a feeling how tall is this castle: she is 180 cm high. And let me tell you, I have new definition of love: love is when your girl allows you to play with lego on Valentines Day (Valentines night:)

girl-1.jpggirl-2.jpg

you can find another picture here

Our host was busy, I see, planning another trickery, no doubt.

But off game talk, truly one of the best buildings, do not know if I would use monorail like that, but the cloud is breathtaking.

And the dragons talking, the man has sense for children, even if doesn't have any.

:thumbup:

This is definetly my favourite Drow building so far! :wub:

Too bad it's somewhere far away in the north and I won't be able to see it until my portal starts to work properly...

Edited by Hexx